Imagine Louis making up little songs for Freddie. When he's feeding him a bottle. When he's giving him a bath. When he's rocking him to sleep. "Bedtime for Freddie 🎶" Imagine that!
YOU ARE A CRUEL AND UNUSUAL SOUL, ANON. CRUEL AND UNUSUAL.
“BEDTIME FOR FREDDIE, THIS IS THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, LITTLE LAD, TIME FOR BABIES TO BE ASLEEP, NOT WIDE AWAKE AND WATCHING “BEST GOALS 2011-2012″ MONTAGES ON YOUTUBE, WHY ARE YOU AWAKE, WHY AREN’T YOU ASLEEEEEEEEP, LITTLE LADS SHOULD BE ASLEEP, WHAT DO YOU WANT” (segue into Justin Bieber)
and maybe Louis is so tired he ends up watching a “how to waltz” video on Youtube but paired with his big TV, and if he dances Freddie round his living room whilst learning how to box step, then at least there’s no one there to see.
IT BECOMES A THING, Louis learning dance steps in the middle of the night whilst trying to send Freddie to sleep.
i'm excited for louis because i think he would be a really great father, but i can not think that it could also not be his son because it feels like he's not really excited about it and also that they were trying to focus on him and danielle too much idk is it just me?
I want to write fic tonight and i haven’t started yet so I’ll keep this pretty short, but my thoughts are this:
- Louis is under no obligation to share anything about his life with us. We are not entitled to any part of his private life, not one little tiny iota of it. It’s really nice that we get a bit of an insight on instagram and twitter but his private life is 100% his own and we’re not entitled to any of it, regardless of how interested we are or how supportive we are of his life choices and whatever he chooses to be. He doesn’t need to show us his feelings that aren’t about his job, and he doesn’t need to show us how excited or worried or scared or happy or jubilant he is. It doesn’t mean he isn’t all or some of those things. Just because this pregnancy hasn’t been lived out on social media and in the press (and this isn’t saying anything against people who do document their lives more explicitly) doesn’t mean that there isn’t the same feelings of joy and excitement behind the scenes. You’re not entitled to know that, even though it’s nice when we do get to see it.
- Louis is going to be a great dad. He is great with kids and he loves them and supports them and his charity work is focused on making kids happier.
- I want Louis to be happy because I love him and I want good things for him. It’s not up to me to decide what or who those things are that make him happy. It’s not up to you either.
- Families can be found or created and they don’t have to look typical or traditional. They don’t have to look like the one you grew up in or the one you saw on TV.
- Change can be hard and change can be scary and change can be upsetting, but it’s not always bad.
- I don’t want to engage in the whole “this baby isn’t Louis’s” debate but I’ll say this one last thing – it doesn’t matter. I don’t believe that he isn’t the dad, but for the purpose of this bullet point, I’ll allow the hypothetical. This baby is going to be so loved. If you think that parenting is allowed only if there’s a blood tie, that families are bound by blood alone, then I’m sorry for you. For all the created families, wonky families, typical families, found families, chosen families, atypical families… you create that family. It doesn’t magically become a non-family because you can break a line on a family tree.
- This baby is going to be so very loved, and frankly, I don’t think you could ask for anything more for a child.