vignettes from my new life packing books forever
- Book shapes are nowhere NEAR as standard as they seem.
- Middlemarch and Middlesex are apparently entirely unrelated books, but these editions are beautifully identical in width so I take great joy in packing them together.
- Poetry and children’s books are terrible.
- Norton, Dover Thrift, and Bantam Classics are slightly different from each other but each is pretty great.
- Pulp sci fi and fantasy are the best, and I would give Tor my firstborn child.
- Academic publishing may be a racket, but at least they make textbooks the same giant square shape.
- This nonsense feels alarmingly similar to… exercise? I even find myself (I blush to admit it)… /sweating/.