victor, yuuri, christophe, yurio: 18, yuuri 2
2. Cooking headcanon
I imagine Yuuri as the most hit or miss cook ever. He probably has the fundamentals from a childhood of helping out with prep work in the Yutopia kitchens, but his tastebuds are also a garbage disposal. He is into odd taste combinations. Sometimes it works out great, and sometimes not, and sometimes it does both in the same meal. (Phichit is a devotee of Yuuri’s ketchup-and-Worcestershire spaghetti sauce, but when Yuuri puts mayo on it that is officially a bridge too far.)
Yuuri is very careful about the groceries he buys because his stress cravings are powerful, but life finds a way. How many times has Victor woken up in the middle of the night to find Yuuri caramelizing an entire red onion? At least three.
18. Favorite possession headcanon
- Most of Victor and Yuuri’s possessions are second to their rings, naturally, but I also imagine Victor with a box of just a few things he preserved from his childhood/early career: itty bitty skates, photos with family members who have long since passed, some of the first and most heartfelt fan letters he ever received. He couldn’t bring himself to look at it for the longest time, but he moves it back to a place of prominence when he and Yuuri return to St. Petersburg.
- Similarly, Yuuri has a few keepsakes of Vicchan’s, though he keeps those back in Hasetsu because Mari likes checking in on them, too. Yuuri also still has some of the more absurd impulse-buys from that first lonely year in Detroit, namely the Russia team jacket that he won on eBay, and the genuine leather loafers he bought because he convinced himself that walking in them felt like Victor Nikiforov was gently holding his feet. (And now he has the real Victor Nikiforov to gently hold his feet. What kind of life goals, honestly.)
- Christophe preserved the rose Victor tossed him when they first met. It still makes him smile, even in those times when he wants to take the real Victor by the shoulders and (lovingly!) shake the shit out of him.
(Chris will never tell Victor about this, though he does eventually tell Yuuri. Yuuri remains vaguely convinced that Chris has created a Picture of Dorian Gray situation where the day the last petal falls will be the day Victor loses all of his hair.)
- Yuri still has the impressive stash of figure skating memorabilia his grandfather bought him with an unexpected bonus once. Looking at it both makes him furious that his grandpa would spend THAT MUCH MONEY on him and makes his eyes suspiciously itchy.
And if 75% of it is Yuuri Katsuki merch, well. That’s nobody’s business but his.