⚡️ Carmilla Movie Update⚡️
What is happening with the Carmilla Movie? (EVERYTHING!)
When is it shooting? Is the script finalized? When exactly will it be released on VHX? Will it be on other platforms as well? When can we expect the behind the scenes to begin? Is production financing still ongoing? Have you sold the movie? What are you allowed to tell us?
These are all great questions! We appreciate the patience and know we’re working hard as hell behind the scenes to pull all the pieces together and get shooting as soon as we can.
We got GREAT news last week - we were successful in our funding application and now have the green light to go to camera in a
couple weeks. Woo!
We prefer divulging production details when we’re 100% sure they’re finalized, and we’d hate to tell you we’re shooting X day to X day only for that to change afterwards. That said, below is a general update of all the behind the scenes shenanigans, and we’ll update you as much as we can as we enter official pre-production next week and principal photography soon after.
We couldn’t have done it without your enthusiasm in the pre-sales and add-ons going towards the film. Your generosity and drive is making this movie happen and we can’t wait to bring it to you!
- Writing began in January, and we’re now into the fifth draft of the feature. It goes to actors this week, as we move towards production drafts and revision pages incorporating their feedback like we did in Season 3.
- We’ve scouted a dozen locations with many more to check out. More than a single setting?! What is this sorcery?! We actually found a pitch perfect one last week. Cross your fingers it works out. Are we going to see Laura & Carmilla’s apartment? Mayhaps…
- The pre-sales of the movie is set to account for 30% of the total
budget. We are just shy of our goal and your continued support helps us more than you know! If you haven’t already pre-ordered the film, we lovingly encourage you to check out the different bundles available!
- We’ve got a new distribution partner on board in addition to Vimeo’s VHX and we can’t wait to divulge more about what’s happening leading up to the release week!
- Our projected fall 2017 release on VHX remains the same.
- Director Spencer Maybee is back on board to give you more of the Carmilla Series flava-flave that we’ve all come to know and love.
- Carmilla HQ