Hey guys, so there’s been a lot of talk around the community about quitting Pokemon because things are “boring.” In my opinion, saying Pokemon has gotten boring is just absolute bullshit. However if you feel this way worry not, as instead of today’s usual post I will be listing 5 ways that could possibly make things more interesting for you. Anyways, while GameFreak is off making Elephant games with Sega, and milking our love of Pokemon with “Free to Play” nonsense, here are a few tips to keep you busy until the next main series Pokemon games.
5) Play a Tier Besides OU: I have heard so many complaints saying that OU is very boring, stale, unbalanced, and while to a point that may be true. However UU, RU, NU, PU, Ubers, and VGC are in their prime. Probably one of my biggest pet peeves at the moment are players saying the meta is boring when all they play is OU. If you limit yourself like that, things are obviously going to be boring.
4) Do a Pokemon “Arena” Run: Any Hearthstone players out there? You may know where I’m going with this. Basically, use a random Pokemon generator (my favorite is pyrotoz.com) and choose 1 Pokemon from a group of 6 six times until you have a full team. You may have a dupes clause as well so you have more selection to choose from. The goal is to get 12 wins with the team, but if you lose 3 times then you are finished. It’s a very interesting and fun way to play, and I definitely recommend trying it.
3) Try Random Battle: If you’re experiencing competitive battling fatigue but still want to play Pokemon, try a Random Battle on pokemonshowdown.com! It’s a great way to keep your skills honed, but keep things relaxed as these battles are less intense as they don’t really matter.
2) Don’t Get Too Salty: I have seen many times where people have quit the game because of just bad luck. Many people do have off days playing Pokemon, if stuff is going bad that day just take a breather and relax.
1) Play With Friends: Pokemon is much more fun with friends involved. Whether it’s online or in real life, playing against or with friends is always a great way to keep things fresh.