List of Tips for Staying Organized ( and also studying I guess).
1. Keep all materials from the same class in the same area.
- Its a lot easier to start studying when you don’t have to go searching for all your materials.
2. Make sure you take stock of all your supplies (pens paper etc) before you buy new stuff.
- Having 20 mechanical pencils and no notebook paper is kind of annoying.
3. Have a whiteboard or notebook to write down assignments and tasks for the day.
- You will forget stuff. It does not matter how good of a memory you have.
4. Make sure you mark where you are in your textbook,notebook, etc
- so you don’t have to shuffle through pages to get to the chapter you need.
5. Keep water in your study area
-Not only are you being a hydration master but its also a nice little mental break to stop and take a sip of water.
6. When you’re done studying, put everything back in its place.
-Leaving all your materials all over your house or study area can cause you to loose things.
7. Clean out your drawers after every semester (or at least after every school year)
-Donate the clothes you don’t wear anymore and organize any notes and materials you saved from your classes. And make sure to reorganize both your clothes in your closet AND drawers in the process!
8. Take a break!
- When I feel overwhelmed from studying, I try and take a break by doing a task thats going to take me some time. Like laundry, the dishes, cleaning the litter box or cleaning out my purse. Its a good mental break. For short breaks, I get up to stretch my legs and go to the bathroom. I also try and get myself a small snack.
9. Change your study area.
-Sometimes being in the same place for a long time can become boring and uninviting, so move somewhere thats going to inspire you to focus.
10. Wear comfy clothes, take a shower, take out your contacts, pull your hair back, and find some place comfortable.
- You focus best when you’re comfortable and relaxed.
11. Treat yourself to the spa
-After a long day of studying I try and give myself a little relaxation time by doing a facemask, harimask, blackhead strip. Whatever! Sometimes I even shave my legs and its calming.
12. Light a candle
- Pick a scent thats calming, but will also keep you mentally alert.
13. Set out your clothes the night before
- That way you have more time in the morning to wake up slowly and not have to think.
14. Stock up on health and beauty supplies before the semester.
- That way you don’t run out at the most inconvenient time during the semester.
15. Map out where your going ahead of time.
-That way you have an idea of the direction you should be heading, and aren’t scrambling to find your way.
Believe me. I’m no organization study expert, but these are the few things I do to keep myself at least partially in line.