Mod Spottedfur’s Traditional Naming
Hello, this is Mod Spottedfur’s specifications on how she rates names and also a bit of a handy list of suffixes for this system of Traditional Naming.
Mod Spottedfur follows a very similar style of naming to a few other Traditional Warriors blogs online meaning that to be considered Traditional, it first needs to have been used at least once in the first arc of the books to have been cannon. However, she does consider a few more first arc suffixes to fit the system such as -belly, -throat, and -pool. On Prefixes, so long as the prefix can describe a cat reasonably and fit a certain location where cats could encounter this prefix, it can be considered Traditional. As always, she will not take rates with more than 4 names at a time.
Note: Sufix should be first based on skill, if that doesn’t apply, then on personality, and if that doesn’t apply, on appearance.
General Description of Suffixes:
- Claw: A noticeably powerful cat fighting wise and one likely to be very skilled in battle as well.
- Fang: A cat who is excellent at hunting and at fighting but doesn’t exceed at either more than the other.
- Foot: A cat who is very light on their feet and overall a very fast runner and chaser.
- Leaf: A medicine cat who is incredibly good at their craft to the point of the name being incredibly rare even for medicine cats.
- Nose: A cat who is an excellent tracker, a cat with overall very good senses and who is very observant.
- Stream: A cat who is an excellent swimmer and who is great at hunting and maneuvering in the water.
- Tail: A very agile cat who would also be good at climbing trees and making long jumps.
- Whisker: A cat who is an above average hunter in their clan.
- Belly: A noticeably optimistic cat, and overall just a noticeably kind cat.
- Cloud: A calm, patient cat who is difficult to shake and difficult to work up.
- Flower: A very motherly or fatherly cat who is good at raising and caring for kits.
- Heart: A cat with strong morals whether they be good or bad and who has a strong belief that those morals are right.
- Pool: A cat who is calm and quiet, similar to a -cloud cat though may not necessarily be patient like a -cloud cat.
- Step: Based on their fauna prefix, a cat who has similar behavior and movements to their prefix. (Excludes fauna lacking feet)
- Storm: A cat who bounces from extreme highs and lows and who have a very unpredictable nature.
- Throat: A cat who is an excellent diplomat both within the clan and when dealing with other clans.
- Face: A very attractive cat who has completed their warrior training.
- Fur: A cat who has completed their warrior training.
- Pelt: A cat who has completed their warrior training.
- Stripe: A tabby cat who has completed their warrior training.
This is about all I have to say on this but this is generally how I rate suffixes. Also, just because a cat has an appearance based suffix doesn’t mean they’re a bad or uninteresting warrior. Bluestar and Leopardstar both had -fur for their suffix may I remind you.
-Mod S. Spottedfur