Vegan Pumpkin Spice French Toast
- 4 slices of thick bread or toast
- ¾ cup dairy free milk (I used soy)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp flour (I used chickpea)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp vegan butter for frying
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice for garnishing (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar for garnishing (optional)
1. Slice your bread into equal strips and set aside.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a wide bowl and whisk well.
3. Melt butter in a large pan. Quickly dip the toast slices into your batter. Do not soak! Then transfer the battered slices to your heated pan and fry each side until crust has formed (about 2 minutes on each side).
4. Once all slices have finished you can roll them into a sugar mixture (optional) and serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!