Spinach, Cream Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
Larger pasta shells can be used to make stuffed pastas rather than an ordinary ‘pasta in sauce’ dish. They’re also easy and affordable to make, not to mention that they are also extremely filling!
You can also be creative with your stuffings! As long as you have a bit of sauce that goes with the pasta (pasta isn’t pasta without a sauce!), nothing, in my opinion, can really go wrong with this kind of dish!
Here’s an easy recipe you can follow for a vegetarian version of stuffed pasta shells!
- 10 large pasta shell
- 1 ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large mushrooms
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
1. Dice the spinach and mushroom into smaller pieces. (Between coarsely chopped and finely diced)
2. In a pot, boil some water and add some salt to it. When the water boils, add in the shells and cook until they’re softened.
3. Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, butter, and chopped spinach and mushroom in a bowl. Make sure everything is evenly mixed.
4. Sprinkle some salt and pepper into the cheese mixture.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain from the water. Stuff the shells with the cheese mixture.
6. Layer some tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Then place stuffed pasta on top.
7. To avoid the rims of the pasta from drying out - try not to place the pasta directly under the heat, or cover the pasta with 2 layers of tinfoil. Then bake at 200'C for about 10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top when ready to serve!