Samhain Cinnamon Apple Crisps
Hi everyone, hope you’re all well. I’ve just finished cooking up a batch of my own homemade Apple Crisps and thought I would share this wonderful and super quick recipe with you. Not only is this speedy snack great for Samhain/Halloween, it contains ingredients used for protection etc, can be used as an offering for your God or Goddess, is a healthy variation to supermarket bought crisps AND is suitable for vegans/vegetarians, did I already mention they are super quick to make? Without further ado, let’s get started!
You will need:
- 1 whole apple.
- A sprinkle of cinnamon.
- A dash of brown sugar. ( You can use white sugar but I prefer brown as it produces a lovely thick syrup texture and has a gorgeous coffee flavouring to it ).
How to make:
- Cut your apple into thin slices. Not too thin or they will burn and not to thick or they won’t turn into crisps!
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Place your apple slices onto your tray and start to add your toppings. Use as much as you wish.
- Cook your apple slices in the oven on gas mark 4/ 180°C / 350°F for fifteen minutes. ( A few of my crisps did burn, so depending on how thin you cut your apple and how powerful your oven is, feel free to change the time and settings ).
Ingredients used in Witchcraft:
- Cinnamon: Associated with the elements of fire and the sun. Magikal uses are - good luck, love, money, passion, peace, prosperity, protection, psychic development, success and wisdom.
- Apples: Scared to many Goddessses including Aphrodite. Magikal uses are - fidelity, fertility, marriage, beauty, vanity,wisdom, the soul, the afterlife and immortality.
- Brown Sugar: Healing, love and sweetness.
That’s all there is to it! I hope you enjoyed this recipe and your finished product. Please do not remove the source and have a safe, happy and blessed Samhain. Let me know how your Apple Crisps turn out!
Image is not mine and was found on Our Kitchen Stories.