10 important questions to ask yourself
1. “Do unto others as you would have done to you.” If you wouldn’t like the life of an animal raised for slaughter, is it fair for you to subject other beings to it?
2. Would you kill a cow yourself? No, not pay someone else to do it. You have a cow in front of you, hung upside down, would you slit its throat? Would you put a chick in a blender and grind it up? Would you smack a piglet against the ground until it dies? If not, why are paying someone else to?
3. Believers in God. You think God would excuse the fact you kill his precious creations. You think there are slaughterhouses in heaven? You think God would want the cows and pigs and chickens he created to be killed by the billion? You call that the worship of God?
4. What right to we have to exploit animals? What the fuck makes us so special? We are the least special, we are monsters. We enslaved each other for centuries, we drop atomic bombs, we rape, we kill, we have fucking all you can eat competitions when people starve, we rip animals skin of them and wear them without shame? You think we are special?
5. Remove the animals from a slaughter house and replace them with human beings, you’ve recreated Auschwitz. A Holocaust continues today. How do you define a Holocaust, a massacre of human beings or a massacre of innocent beings? The biggest atrocity of humanity continues and yet we ignore it?
6. Does intelligence alter how we treat species? Pigs are the second most intelligent species known to man, more intelligent than 3 year old humans, more intelligent than your dog. Would you make the three year old suffer? Why not, just because she’s human?
7. Is discrimination always wrong? Racism- “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior.” Speciesism- “prejudice or discrimination based on the belief that one’s own species is superior.” Is it ok to be choosing which types of discrimination to be supporting? Isn’t the basis of discrimination evil, in all circumstances?
8. What kind of society justifies mass murder? What kind of society force feeds a duck until it’s too sick to live? What kind of society murders 160 billion animals in one year and doesn’t care about it? Is that the kind of society you want to be apart of?
9. If you have the choice between causing suffering and not causing suffering why would you ever, ever choose to cause suffering? Could you look into the eyes of an animal and tell it that it’s suffering is necessary for your own enjoyment?
10. Where the fuck has your compassion gone? Would you not have cried if you saw an animal die in front of you when you were a kid? What have you let society do to you?