Soups! Kitchen Witch Masterpost
One of the easiest and most heartwarming recipes for a kitchen witch, soups! Their recipes are easily manipulated to suit your intention, plus they’re perfect for the upcoming winter!
- Carrots, Onions, Celery. These are the holy trinity. I also like to add garlic, potatoes, tomatoes, and others.
- vegetable/chicken broth and/or water.
- many recipes call for crushed tomatoes. I like diced, and can find them canned in any grocery store, but it’s up to you!
- (Optional) beans or lentils (if you buy dried lentils, cook them beforehand)
- (Optional) meat–sausage, beef, chicken. Cook before adding to the soup please!
1. Cut up vegetables and sautee them in a big pot for about eight minutes. This is to soften them up and sweeten up the onions. Don’t add herbs yet!
2. If you bought canned beans, drain and rinse them. If you want thicker broth, you can crush up a can of beans into a paste and add them to the broth, or even throw them into a blender.
3. Set pot aside. Add tomatoes, beans, meat, broth. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add any herbs you wish.
Carrots - sex (with parsley for best results), fertility
Cabbage - lunar food, protection, wealth, prosperity, luck
Onions - protection, purification, healing, exorcism, wealth
Celery - sex, peace, psychic powers, mental strength
Beans - wealth, sex, protection
Potato - protection, compassion
Mushrooms - psychic powers, strength
Thyme - love, psychic powers, purification
Basil - love, protection, money, exorcism
Rosemary - protection, consciousness, memory, healing, love
Parsley - protection, sex, love, wealth
Dill - wealth, love, consciousness, studying, luck
Bay - protection, psychic powers, healing, purification, strength
Garlic - protection, healing, strength, psychic powers, exorcism
Ginger - love, wealth, strength, success
Black Pepper - protection, purification, exorcism
Salt - purification, protection, healing
Most herbs are not put into the broth until the broth is simmering, to prevent burning. The exception to this rule is bay, which is put in at the beginning. BEWARE of pepper! The longer the pepper cooks in the soup, the spicier the soup will be!
IF YOU’RE ADDING MEAT:
- Do not cut your vegetables with the same knife you cut meat with.
- Cook meat beforehand, but remember that it’ll be cooking in the broth for a time afterwards, or be careful not to overcook.
- Most meat is diced into half-an-inch-squares.
- Stir clockwise to create, counter-clockwise to take away.
- You can carve sigils into some vegetable slices.
- Cook with a crystal near your pot to boost a spell’s effectiveness.
- Fire and water are prominent elements here! Draw upon their power.
And that’s it!! Have a lovely winter full of great company and nourishing meals!
**if there are any additions feel free to add, and if there are any corrections, message me! :)