Vegetables and Potatoes Pie
I created this recipe today, while I was trying to do something for dinner using only the vegetables that were left in my fridge. It turned out pretty good, and my parents enjoyed it a lot too, wich means this also pleases non vegan people :)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 1 big carrot, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- 150g fresh spinage.
- 3 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced.
- 300g tofu, thinly sliced.
- Olive Oil
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 200g macadamia cheese
- In a blender, mix together canned tomatoes, brown sugar and 1 tbsp oregano, to make a tomato sauce.
- Pre-heat oven in 180ºC (375ºF)
- Pour half the tomato sauce in a medium size glass baking sheet. Lay vegetables one on top of each other, on the following order:
potatoes (half of what you have), tofu, onions, tomatoes, spinage, carrots, potatoes (the other half). In between each ingredient drizzle with some olive oil and add a little salt.
- Bake it for 40 minutes. Mean while, smash the macadamia cheese with a fork.
- After 40 minutes, take the pie of the oven, pour the smashed macadamia cheese on top of it. Drizzle some olive oil, and sprinkle about 1 tbsp oregano.
- Bake for more 25-30 minutes.