Rule #1: Always post the rules.
Rule #2: Answer the 11 questions the person who tagged you wrote, then write 11 new ones.
Rule #3: Tag 11 new people
I was tagged by annie-moves
1. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
-It kind of depends on the day. I love being social but I have those days where I just feel like not being around too many people.
2. If you could change your eye colour, would you?
-Nah I like them:) They’re really light brown.
3. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
-I mean I guess it’s possible but I would be reeeally surprised.
4. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
-Cleaning up my room😬
5. How’s your heart?
-It’s doing pretty well.
6. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
-I have a few close guy friends but idk if I could tell them everythinggg
7. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
-Go on the elliptical
8. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
-My mom and a few friends
9. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?
10. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
-Yes (it was my mom though lol)
11. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
-Definitely! I love smiling at strangers and them smiling back!😊
1. What is your dream career?
2. You win $5 million but you have to give it all away except $100,000, who do you choose to give it to?
3. Do you have any weird talents?
4. Pool, ocean, lake, river?
5. Favorite active thing to do?
6. What type of bending would you want: water, fire, earth, air?
7. What would you guess is the average amt. of hours you spend on Tumblr every day?
8. Do you have anything you’re excited about coming up?
9. Tell me about your crush, bf/gf, or spouse.
10. What is something that never fails to make you happy?
11. Do you play any instruments? If not, are there any you want to learn?
These cookies are fantastic for many reasons but first and foremost being the small amount of ingredients. Secondly, that they are sweetened with maple syrup. Thirdly, the jam on top that makes them bright and pleasing to the eyes (almost as much as to the stomach). So eat up vegan lovelies!
P.s. For these cookies it is imperative to use a high quality peanut butter free of hydrogenated oils and added sugars.
1 cup peanut butter (Adam’s works very well)
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
½ cup brown rice flour
jam of preference (I used raspberry and strawberry)
mmmmmm…. I guess there are 4 ingredients if you count the jam :P
Preheat oven to 350 F
Combine peanut butter and maple syrup and mix until shiny.
Add in rice flour and mix until you have formed dough
EAT a bite of the dough! Just not too much or you wont have any left for the cookies.
Make balls of dough using 1 tbsp to measure or a regular spoon, and roll in your palms to form smoothly.
Make indents in the centers to hold the jam. You can get creative with this! Make hearts, triangles, whatever!
Bake for 10-12 minutes and leave on the cookie sheet until they have cooled enough for the jam to solidify again.
Today is my 1 year vegan anniversary so I feel kind of entitled to contemplate the positive and the challenging aspects of this lifestyle.
1. This is a diet of abundance. I get to eat extremely generous amounts of fruit and veg.
2. Everything is so delicious. Fruit is like a treat for most people but I get to eat fruit until I am satisfied.
3. My skin glows and my hair grows fast and looks fabulous.
4. My athletic performance has improved big time.
5. I am never sick. When everyone is suffering in bed, I am still healthy and strong.
6. I need less sleep which is great considering that I used to sleep 10 hours every night unless I wanted to be useless the next day.
7. My periods are shorter and far less painful.
8. My depression is 99% gone. Now I need valid reasons to feel low.
9. I am more stable emotionally and I am more confident.
10. I never have to feel guilty after eating because my diet doesn’t harm anyone.
1. I must admit that I still have a very particular attitude towards food. I only eat healthy foods and I exclude everything from my diet that I find unhealthy. I come from a past of eating disorders and it seems that I am still not at ease when it comes to eating.
3. You must plan your meals for both financial and practical reasons. Hence, you think of food way too much. For an anorexic mind, this is not always very useful.
4. The social aspect. It can be so difficult to dine out with others, especially when it’s a business lunch. People don’t always understand my ways of eating. I also exclude myself from a few lunch time gatherings with my colleagues because I don’t have pizza or Chinese with them.
5. This lifestyle is expensive. If you want to eat at least 1000 calories worth of raw, ripe, fresh fruit all year round, you will have to spend massive amounts of money.
6. I have gained over 15 lbs on this diet. I needed to gain weight, I needed to stop restricting my calories but it is obviously hard for me to accept that I am bigger.
7. The raw till 4 diet is time consuming. You need to eat practically all day to meet your calorific needs and a fruit meal can take an hour to finish. When you have your deadlines and meetings every day, it is hard to organise your meals.
All in all, I must say that going vegan has been the best decision in my life. I don’t know where I would be now if I hadn’t found Freelee the Banana Girl and this amazing lifestyle.
For someone with anorexia, eating a strictly limited amount of food can be successfully replaced by the concept of eating a very strictly limited quality of food but in unlimited amounts. This change has saved me.
I don’t say that my vegan diet is a mere cure for my anorexia because it is much more than that. I would never go back. I will never go back.
Tried something new today… SALAD SANDWICH! Toasted a baguette in the oven then smashed in a ton of romaine lettuce, spinach and parsley with a little bit of organic hummus and black pepper. Feeling gooooooood!
Today is a very good day!
•Amazing run and 3 personal bests!!
•Man cycling with a box of mushrooms said good morning
•Mini ab workout and stretchy yoga
•Huuge mug of vanilla oats with warmed strawbs and bluebs, coconut, cacao spread and almond butter in bed.
Happy Sunday! Xx
#accountabilitypost 1 week vegan vs 2 months vegan vs 3 months vegan 👍🏻 not sure if I can really tell a difference between the second two photos besides a little booty growth (thanks, Insanity and all your plyo squats lol). According to measurements I have lost another inch from my waist but I think it’s mostly from my back. I always lose weight from my back first instead of my stomach! Frustrating and weird lol. My legs continue to shrink, but my arms - not so much. Again, frustrating! But I’m excited to see where the next month takes me! This progress is due to: #veganism, running/half marathon training, pole, strength training, and Insanity. #weightlossjourney #weightloss #fitnessjourney #fitness #vegan #veganfitness #veganlifestyle #weightlossmotivation #fitnessmotivation #diet #exercise #workout #eatclean #runner #motivation
I know i said i was aiming for 10 miles today, but that didn’t happen…
INSTEAD I DID 11.7 MILES!!!!!!!
Serious pride here chaps! I know its not incredible, but for me it felt like a big milestone. I was running with a friend, he’s not as fast as me so I asked him to pace me. For the first few miles i was getting really annoyed. my usual speed varies from 8.5 min/mil- 9 min/mil, but because of him we were doing 11min/mil! This was probably a good thing as it meant i didn’t bonk out too early. I felt really strong until mile 9, when I was getting a funny twinge in my right knee. My right achilles felt tight all through the run though, so could be related? Any way, it’s time to start my taper for next saturdays 10k. I want a sub 50 on this one :)