throwback to this insanely scrummy vanilla oatmeal with cacao nib cookie dough, peanut butter, chocolate drizzle and chunks of vegan banana fudge brownie (recipe on instagram @tumblinbumblincrumblincookie)
I love the combination of ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, and brownies so much. I got the Ben & Jerry’s vegan PB& Cookies ice cream (my personal favorite) and decided I wanted to make an ice cream sandwich sorta thing, granted I’ve done this before but this time seemed way better than the other times. I put a little peanut butter in the cookies and brownies to keep the peanut butter theme and it was all great! I think I ate the whole thing in 2 days lol
What the majority of last nights dinner looked like. Today’s dinner was much more ‘normal’, just rice and veg. After a long run this morning and the normal boring morning goings on, I went to the farmers market to pick up some bread and then headed around the corner to a hardware store that had a discount on plants, so I bought myself 7 new plants for my room and a cute little cactus in a pink speckled pot I’ve called ‘Berty Beans’. After wanting plants in my room for ages (because a space is boring with out some plant friends) I’ve finally started my collection and it’s looking good! The rest of my day was basically spent reading in my hammock which I’ve been doing non stop these few days. I got through the first book in 3 days and now well into the second. How good are books though? Sometimes I go months with out reading a thing, then I pick up a book and remember how good (and also emotional and heart wrenching) reading is. Now all I want to do is read.
Vegan Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies Based on the cover recipe from the December 2015 edition of Vegan Life
Serves 16-20 Ingredients Dry - 2 cups of plain flour 1 cup of cocoa 2 tsp of baking powder 1 tsp of salt ½ cup of white sugar ½ cup of brown sugar ½ cup of chocolate chunks
Wet- 1 cup of vegetable oil ¾ cup of soya milk ½ cup of coconut milk
To top - ¼ cup of smooth peanut butter
Method 1. Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. I use a glass dish and it didn’t need greasing.
2. Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together so they are mixed well.
3. In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
4. Add the dry to the wet a few spoonfuls at a time and whisk together well until you have a batter without any dry pockets of flour/cocoa.
5. Pour the batter into your cake tin/dish and swirl in your peanut butter. To do this I softened up the peanut butter, took bits of it with a butter knife and cut it into the batter leaving trails on peanut butter behind as the knife went though.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes so you still have that gooey sticky center.
7. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before cutting, this is mainly so you don’t burn yourself on the molten chocolate chips.
A little cookie/brownie thing I baked. These are probably one of my favorite things to eat. There’s something about the combination of chocolate chip cookies and brownies that makes my taste buds explode with joy. I enjoyed every square of this thing!