Mince the garlic, onion and dice the red pepper and set a side. Heat a large sauce pan with some oil and add the garlic and the onion and cook for about a minute. Then add the pepper, tomato paste, and the veggie ground. Cook on medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
Add the veggie stock, the canned tomatoes and quinoa to the pan and stir well to combine. Stir in the salt, pepper, sugar, and paprika and cover with a lid. Cook on medium low heat for about 20 minutes or until quinoa is to your desired consistency.
Serve in a bowl with some baguette (highly recommended) and enjoy your meal.
5 Films That Will Inspire You to Leave Animals off the Menu
1. Earthlings Inspiring countless people to ditch meat, this 2005 documentary narrated by famed actor Joaquin Phoenix explores our relationship with non-human animals, including those used in food production.
2. Forks Over Knives Struggling with heart disease? Looking to reduce your risk of cancer? This film details the health benefits of a plant-based diet, including reduced risk and even reversal of most chronic diseases.
3. Speciesism: The Movie This film addresses the core concepts of Peter Singer’s seminal book, Animal Liberation, with a touch of much-needed humor.
4. Cowspiracy Released just last year, this documentary explains how our meat-heavy diets impact everything from climate change and species extinction to land and water wastage. You’ll never look at meat the same way again.
5. Vegucated This film documents three meat- and cheese-loving New Yorkers on their journey towards a vegan diet, including the often humorous challenges they face along the way.
My lunch from today-vegan noodle soup topped with bok choy, spinach, broccoli, sautéed mushrooms, chilli, lemon, coriander, crispy tofu and sesame seeds! With the year coming to a close and people coming up with new years’ resolutions, if you are even just tossing up the possibility of going vegan I’d highly recommend to just go for it! It’s so much easier than I thought it would be, especially once you get into the groove of things. Veganism has enriched my life and I feel as if I serve a purpose now when I sit down 3 times a day to a meal-through veganism, such a simple and elementary act can become purposeful and powerful. Never underestimate the power of your consumer behaviour and your individual impact because every dollar you spend is a political statement and collectively, we have ability to shape the world to become a more compassionate, peaceful and non-violent place ❤️
Before, January 2015: 190lb(86kg)
After, January 2016: 120lb(54kg)
I took the first picture last January. I hit my highest weight, 225lb, in June 2014 and had been losing slowly since then. I got to 180lb in autumn, but I had been drifting off my low calorie diet. I ate very small portions, mostly lean cuisines and weight watchers. It was hard to stick to, and I gained 10lb over the holidays.
So that January I made a New Years Resolution. I wanted to be healthy. Two ways I could do this were by quitting smoking and changing my diet. I wanted to lose weight, but I didn’t want to feel so deprived. I had grown up vegetarian and already loved fruits and vegetables, so I decided to go vegan in 2015. No more tasteless diet foods, I ate fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and learned how to cook for myself. I always had a big salad for lunch, and I cut out processed foods. I also got a fitbit and made sure I hit my step target most days. I discovered a love of running as well, and I never thought I’d enjoy exercise so much!
I LOST 70LB(34kg) DURING MY VEGAN 2015!
If you are making a New Years Resolution to get healthy and lose weight, I recommend a strictly plant based diet. IT CHANGED MY LIFE!! Go vegan in 2016! Plant based diets are beautiful, wonderful, delicious, and I FEEL GREAT! Follow my journey at losinggain.tumblr.com
Sharing my productive morning routine for the new year & semester.
From my favorite & easy vegan breakfast energy bites to the workout I’ve been doing at home! How I stay productive and study as a pre-med student + cleaning my apartment + showing y’all my favorite things to do in the morning xx
I’m loving all the vegan-friendly restaurants in Chiang Mai. 😍 Kuba and I had an amazing lunch at Morning Glory Thai Vegetarian Restaurant this past weekend. Everything on the menu is vegan except for two dishes which have the option of adding honey or yoghurt. We ordered pad Thai, spring rolls (three orders total!), Thai tea, and a mango smoothie. So tasty! This is my favourite restaurant so far. The pad Thai and Thai tea were excellent! Thanks to Felix and Angelina for recommending this place! See more of our weekend in my NYE vlog: https://youtu.be/AfO3AxCLxjE 😎