Low Fat Chocolate And Banana Bread ~ Vegan And Refined Sugar Free
by Vegetarian Tastebuds
Whole Wheat Flour- 1 Cup
Banana- 1 Large
Jaggery- 1/3 Cup ( Adjust little more or less depending on the sweetness of the jaggery)
Chocolate Chips- ¼ Cup
Canola Oil- 2 Tbsp
Cinnamon Powder- ½ Tsp
Baking Powder- ½ Tsp
Baking Soda- ¼ Tsp
Almond Milk- ¾ Cup
Walnuts (Roughly Chopped)- 2 Tbsp
Salt- ¼ Tsp ( if the jaggery has got salt then omit this)
1. Preheat the oven at 180 Degrees C.
2. Take a banana, peel and cut it in small discs.
3. With the help of a fork mash the bananas and add cinnamon powder, oil and chocolate chips in that, mix and keep aside.
4. In another bowl take whole wheat flour and add salt, baking powder, baking soda and chopped walnuts.
5. Powder the jaggery in a mixer and add it in the flour. Now add the banana mixture in the flour and with the help of almond milk, fold everything together gently.
6. Grease a loaf pan or a small cake tin…choose a tin so that the mixture is atleast 3/4th of the tin. Now pour the bread batter in the prepared tin and keep it for baking in the pre heated oven for 35-40 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean.
7. Take out the bread from the oven and let it cool completely before inverting it out of the tin.
8. Now invert the bread in a plate and cut in wedges or slices.