“Korean Eyeliner” look with VDL
This 3rd look in the 4 part series is inspired in part by the strong eye makeup worn by Korean pop stars, in particular Goo Hara of pop girl-group Kara.
If you’re not familiar with this style of liquid eye-lining, it’s a dramatic liner look with similarities to the Japanese gyaru style (emphasizing the outer corners of the lower lash line to emphasize a slight droop), but the liner is stronger and more of a statement. I liken the 2 looks to “puppy” vs “kitty”.
Unlike the Japanese “puppy look” style which emphasizes roundness (and frequently makes use of false lashes and lid tape or lid glue to fake a wider-eyed dolly effect) the Korean style of “underlining” the eyes is more kittenish and sexy. It elongates the eye at the outer corners and is perfectly flattering for anyone with hooded lids.
My eyes are naturally upward tilting, so the effect isn’t as obvious on me, but try it for yourself!
VDL Products used:
- Base: Lumilayer primer mixed with Perfect Lasting Foundation SPF25 (dewy skin is a must for any Korean-style makeup look!)
- Highlighter/Blush: Festival Mineral Blusher in 102 Hand Holding (the ivory adds sheen to the nose bridge, cheekbones and browbones)
- Brow pencil: Festival Brow pencil in Gray Brown
- Sparkly bronze shadow: Festival Eye Shadow in 903 Sparkle Bronze
- Matte cocoa shadow: Festival Eye Shadow in 207 Espresso (Tip: I use this with a flat brow brush to make out where the lower liner should go first; it’s easier to rub out mistakes before the actual liner goes on!)
- Black pencil liner: Eye Bomb Auto Liner in 01 Bomb Black (Tip: For the lower lash line and covering the waterline, using a pencil is easier and safer than liquid liner)
- Black liquid liner: Eye Bomb Tip Liner in BK1 Bomb Black (This thing is so long-lasting I had difficulties removing it even with my cleansing oil. Must-try for oily lids!)
- Mascara: Eye Bomb mascara
- Lip tint: Triple Shot Lip Tint in Triple Peach
For more information, visit their Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/vdlcosmeticssingapore
Store Listing in Singapore:
VDL Suntec City #02-338/339 Tel: 68373442
VDL Bugis Junction #02-21 Tel: 63379362
VDL Jurong Point (JP2) #01-02 Tel: 67943561
VDL Bedok Mall #01-35 Tel: 68449318