Do you have any healthy pancakes recipes or any healthy meal ideas for someone who doesn't like too much salad?
I DO I DO I DO
healthy protein pancakes-
150ml unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
or without the protein powder
100ml unsweetened almond milk
and for additional protein which is optional 1 tbs of Greek yogurt
whisk all ingredients together and cook in pan with a little butter, add dark chocolate or vanilla essence for more flavour and top with maple syrup and fruit, they will not disappoint!
As for other recipes, my favourites are:
- egg fried rice with chicken, broccoli and green beans (griddle chicken, cook rice and veg, whisk egg then in a pan add the rice and stir in the egg until it cooks, no oil or butter needed, add chicken and veg and some salt and lemon for flavour)
- two egg omelette with ham/bacon, mush rooms, spinach and broccoli.
- grilled chicken with sweet potato fries and broccoli (for fried chop up sweet potato and toss in a little oil and cook in over for 20-30 minutes)
- whole wheat noodle stir fry with chicken, broccoli, green beans/ sweet corn and peppers and cashew nuts/peanuts (griddle chicken in pieces, cook noodles in water and steam vegetables, and noodles chicken and veg to pan and stir until heated, add soy sauce for more fallout)
- bulgar wheat with prawns and broccoli
- couscous with peppers and ham
- rice and tuna mixed with raw spinach, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber and nuts.
- baked potato with tuna and cucumber
- whole wheat pasta with tuna, peppers, cucumber and peanuts.
- healthy hash browns (cook quinoa, grate potatoes, cook onion, mix potatoes in a bowl with one egg and quinoa then fry mixture in a little bit of butter) I have the full recipe under tagged/intake but I’m on my phone at the moment!
- whole wheat wrap with humous, quinoa, ham, peppers and cucumber.
- whole wheat pitta bread with bacon, avocado, humous and tomatoes.
- whole grain rice cakes with humous, ham and tomatoes.
- grilled gammon, baked potato and roasted sweet potatoes, peppers, aubergines and courgette.
- quinoa mixed with wild rice, chicken and vegetables.
Hope this helps, there is more to life than just salads!