1) The first one is targeted towards younger children of both gender and the other is targeted towards the older kids, specifically the girls.
2) Dora is older in the other one. In case you didn’t know, most teenage girls are vapid, vain, and love fashion (of course not all of them).
3) Plenty of Dora dolls had brushable hair before she got older.
4) What’s wrong with liking fashion?
5) What’s wrong with caring about your appearance?
I feel like I have two modes of self-image- either I’m a glorious deity blessing humankind with my existence, or I’m a festering trash-heap that ought to be buried in the ground away from life lest I leak my poison. So the former is vain and considered vapid and all, but it’s much better than the latter.