Fastest Ever Audi S8 Sets New Benchmark
Blistering performance more commonly associated with low-slung supercars can now be enjoyed in the lap of luxury in the new Audi S8 plus. Ramping up power from the 520PS offered by the ‘standard’ S8 to an intoxicating 605PS, the Audi S8 plus is also capable of producing up to 750Nm of torque on demand - the highest output of any Audi in the current model range.
The V8 TFSI engine boosted by 85PS and up to 750Nm of torque endows flagship Audi S8 plus sports saloon with a power output equivalent to almost seven A1 1.0 TFSI models
- 4.0 V8 TFSI engine produces 605 PS and up to 700Nm in normal operation – overboost function increases to torque to 750Nm
- S8 plus has the highest power-to-weight ratio of any premium sports saloon with all-wheel drive at 293 PS per tonne
- 0-62mph in just 3.8 seconds, making the S8 plus the fastest accelerating Audi S model in the range and the fastest S8 ever
- Electronically limited 155mph top speed can be derestricted to 189mph
- Sports exhaust, power door closure, 21-inch alloy wheels and carbon fiber front spoiler lip and side flaps form part of standard UK specification
The Audi S8 plus will open for ordering in October, priced from £97,700, and first UK deliveries are expected to commence in January 2016.