Over the course of the summer, I acquired several aquatic carnivores - Androvanda vesiculosa, Utricularia australis, and Utricularia macrorhiza. (I already had Utricularia gibba). I placed all these in an “extra” aquarium (it wasn’t really extra, but I needed somewhere to put them). I added a few non-carnivorous plants to the tank and placed it on my deck.
These plants survived the summer and fall outside and, having no where to put them inside, I decided to do an experiment to see if they would survive the winter. I figured that if they didn’t, I could probably acquire new stock next summer, if I got a proper setup
Unfortunately, the recent series of freezes and thaws resulted in the tank being demolished! Fortunately, most of the plants were frozen together, so I rescued them in a plastic bucket, but I’m not entirely sure what survived and what slipped through the bottom of the tank and through the deck. So, I’ll have to wait until spring to see what survived the mishap (and winter).