Fire and Ice- A Potion for Balance
This potion/oil utilizes the opposing forces of solar and lunar energies, fire and water, hot and cold. It can be used to bring balance to your emotions, a situation, your life… lots of things.
I like to keep it simple so it can be customized/ edited for different purposes or tastes.
- Use fractionated coconut oil as the base, and add equal drops of cinnamon oil and peppermint/ spearmint oil.
- Go for about a 1:20 ratio of essential oil to base oil.
- Charge the oil (not in direct sunlight) when the sun and moon are both in the sky.
- This can be applied like a perfume. Be careful if you have sensitive skin.
While the oil itself is not for consumption, this same basic concept can also be made into a tea for the same purpose!
- Use equal parts cinnamon bark chips and mint leaves.
- Put them in a jar and fill it with water.
- Brew this tea by putting the jar outside when the sun and the moon are both in the sky.
- Since this method of tea-making involves a lot less heat than the usual way, it needs to sit in the sun for a long time. I usually leave it outside for a few hours.
If you want, you can also add astrological symbols for the sun and moon, or a sigil for balance to the bottles of either of the above potions.