Um this isn’t a fandom blog or any kind of blog really but I had this conversation with fellow fannibal @franicie about murder husbands on social media and I. I had to. And then she suggested I put it on here, so. Just a little sketch thing, used references but drew it quickly so excuse my lazy handwriting/general sloppiness!!
A/N: Hi, yes. I was bored. Like totally bored and I figured I should give the imagine writing life a try. So here is my first ever imagine and i hope that it doesn’t suck. I honestly wrote this in the middle of the night because Rollins got me all bothered and he’s 100% yummy. I recommend him to everyone. If enough people like it, I’ll probably continue it because…. Why not? I’m honestly sorry for any errors and rambles….Oh, and for how fucking long this is….
WARNINGS: angst, cheating, and maybe swearing?
I was happy in NXT. Honestly, I could have retired there and I would have been perfectly fine. After two years of seeing my friends come and go, and moving onto bigger and not so bigger things on the main shows- anyone would think that I would be ready to move on.
Can do you do an Elliot x Reader where the reader is very shy and when Elliot hacks her he sees a side of here which is very similar to him
A/N: Here you go! I hope you enjoy it. Some of the content describes anxiety and panic attacks so please be warned.
Elliot could already feel the nausea building in the pit of his stomach as he watched the new girl shuffle in. He absolutely despised changes like this, even entertaining the possibility that his work routine might be altered. What if she’s another Ollie.
The girl in question looked positively terrified. She threw her bag down on the desk and quickly emptied the contents. After a while Gideon sidled over and began giving her the basic Allsafe induction all employees received on their first day.
‘Okay everyone listen up! Y/N here is joining our team from today so don’t be shy.’
Elliot watched the girl sink into her chair as Gideon spoke and he almost felt a pang of sympathy - resonant of the same humiliation he’d gone through on his first day. She certainly wouldn’t be receiving an introduction from him though, she was no different than anyone else in that godforsaken place.
Regardless he began observing her anyway. Her first week told very little - she never ate in the office, she spent most of the day with her headphones in and timed her visits to the water cooler to avoid bumping into anyone else. Her lengths to avoid human interaction piqued Elliot’s interest and he decided to go deeper.
Flexing his knuckles Elliot began his search for Y/N Y/L/N in the dim light of his apartment. His fingers skimmed across the keyboard as he started with the usual channels - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. Nothing. Elliot chewed the inside of his lip. He was going to need more than a name.
The next day Elliot was in sleuthing mode. He watched Y/N’s every move, waiting for the moment where she’d leave for lunch. Her computer password was already tucked away on a piece of paper under his mousepad. He’d logged everyone’s passwords as soon as he started working there in case he ever needed them, she was just a new addition to the collection.
The difficult part of course would be going unnoticed.
After what seemed like an age Y/N stood up, headphones jammed firmly into her ears as pulled her bag on and made a swift exit. Elliot waited 30 seconds before deciding to make a move.
Elliot gave a small stretch and walked slowly towards the bathrooms in a bid to remain casual.
Once inside the restroom he knew his time was limited before someone knew something was up. Elliot quickly entered the stall, choosing to leave the door unlocked as he clambered onto the toilet seat. He wasn’t a big dude by any means but the seat still creaked loudly under his weight as he reached upwards towards the ceiling - one hand fishing around in his pocket for a lighter.
Elliot held the flame under the fire alarm tentatively, half holding onto the stall door as he stretched his arm out as far as possible.
A few moments later and the alarm was blaring out, the sound causing him to recoil slightly as the sound bounced off the walls of the lavatory.
Now for the difficult part Elliot told himself as he turned against the wall whilst attempting to maintain his balance on the toilet seat. He opened the stall door, effectively sandwiching himself between the stall wall and the door to remain hidden as the building was searched.
Elliot waited a few seconds after the bathrooms had been searched, holding his breath as the alarm continued to blare loudly. He couldn’t hear whether they’d gone or not but he’d had to risk it.
Making his way into the deserted office, Elliot quickly rushed over to Y/N’s computer and typed in the password which he’d memorised while he was in the bathroom.
The alarm was a constant reminder of how little time he had to find out about her as Elliot’s hand flew across the keyboard, through her search history, her frequently visited, her applications. It was nearly all clean - too clean in his opinion.
That was until he noticed the VPN software carefully tucked away inside a string of mundane folders. The software in question was complex and more than enough to pique Elliot’s interest. Her IP address was useless now so Elliot noted down no less than 14 email addresses she’d littered throughout her system to peruse later.
‘Where the hell have you been?’ Gideon snapped, sounding more anxious than anything as Elliot emerged from the building.
Gideon huffed and turned around to continue counting the employees lined up outside. Elliot could see Y/N emerging in the distance - she gave him a quick glance, her expression vacant as she got into line.
The following evening revealed more to Elliot than he ever even imagined. Y/N was a hacker, a brilliant one. She’d been inside Goldman Sacchs, the FTSE, the New York Stock Exchange. She went on the most insane rants on forums - forums that Elliot used regularly. He’d been worshipping her this entire time without either of them knowing it.
Elliot turned the monitor off on his computer. He needed time to process all of this. It was rare that people ever impressed him - in fact it was usually the exact opposite.
The next morning as Elliot was exiting the subway station, he knew he wouldn’t be able to go on without telling her what he knew. A small part of his heart warmed at the fact he didn’t feel so alone, that there were others like him who understood his struggle.
Elliot felt overwhelmed by the time he got to work. His breath was coming out in small sharp exhalations and his face began to feel hot as the adrenaline coursed around him. He breathed in and out deeply to try and quell the anxiety, focussing on Allsafe’s beige carpet as he placed himself in his surrounding. Allsafe. Foyer. Tuesday Afternoon.
Y/N entered suddenly which made Elliot’s chest clench as he watched her round on him. She looked positively thunderous as she made her way over.
'Have you been looking through my computer?’
Elliot kept trying to look back at the carpet as the accusation hit him. He could feel his vision beginning to blur around the edges.
'Uh Elliot, are you alright?’
Elliot wheezed slightly as he felt his throat tighten up. Y/N glanced down at his scrunched fists.
'Come with me.’
She really was like him then. Y/N gently took Elliot by the sleeve of his hoodie, leading him towards the fire exit. Elliot barely looked where they were going but he was aware that they’d descended a few sets of stairs as the air slowly grew cooler around him.
Y/N released Elliot’s sleeve and beckoned him to sit down on one of plastic boxes scattered around the empty basement room.
'No one comes down here. I think it’s used to store maintenance equipment.’ She spoke hurriedly, laced with anxiety as she watched Elliot put his head in his hands.
'I come down here to think. It’s too busy everywhere else.’ She breathed out as an afterthought.
Elliot was slowly began to relax now. He focussed on the feeling of the rough concrete underneath his feet and the slightly musty taste of the air around him.
'I’m sorry.’ He muttered shakily after a few moments of just breathing.
'Don’t apologise. It used to happen to me a lot.’ Y/N replied quickly.
'I meant about your computer.’
'I’m not going to rat you out.’
'I know.’ Y/N began to pace a little as she chose her words carefully. Elliot noticed that she seemed far more confident now that the mask was off but she still had the same nervous energy as him.
'I know who you are. You’re the reason I went for the job, I wanted to learn.’ Y/N turned to face him and Elliot felt his face flush. She was pretty, even in the dimness of the basement.
'You don’t need to learn from me you’re very good at what you do.’
'But I don’t have anyone else…’ She trailed off, her brow furrowing.
'Welcome to the club.’ Elliot breathed out and instantly regretted it. Something about this girl made him reactive.
'Is that my inauguration?’ Y/N asked sarcastically, moving around him now as she gave him a bitter smirk.
'I don’t have an organised thing.’
'Neither do I. But we could do great things.’
Elliot bit his lip as he considered her. He was very tired of being alone, both physically and inside his mind. She was a risk, yes. But one he was willing to take.
It’s really grateful to see an artist I used to admire is using gif format in his publications, but I think is not fair the way he is doing it. Some people notify me that Alejandro Jodorosky’s official Facebook page was usinga gif I have createdbut with no credit at all and the same with a lot of works from many gif artists I see usually in tumblr.
Facebook is not using me so I tried to contact him directly but I couldn’t find his personal email. I wrote to the other guy, Ankor Inclán.
They are doing a thing called “ilustrotweet”, wich consists on Jodorowsky writes a quote and Ankor Inclán (the man I wrote to) “illustrates” it. So he is picking gifs from any artist and using them to put next to Jodorowsky’s texts. It’s quite strange that an artists who has an incredible amount of work needs to use other people’s work (with no credit and changing the titles). And… if Jodorowsky writes the text and a gif from another artist illustrate it, what is the reason of the other guy, Ankor Inclán? I call this Beggars of the Likes.
They didn’t write the author until I send an email, no problem. I understand that internet is the natural environment of this format, and sometimes can be hard to find the original artist. Here a tool.
The problem comes when I asked them to change the text, because my original gif has its own title and writing a new one, changes the meaning of the piece. In fact, I am very against all this “unjustified positivism” they are spreading with those texts and I don’t want to be part of it. (they wrote: Be each day less coward than the day before) I prefer no title than this words.
Finally he told me that is ok to credit the author, but they won’t change the text for the one I want. (is not “the one I want”, is the original title of the piece).
Just to make you know what is behind the “idols” and their virtual identity.
So I show my vision of this and remember a great loop from the Holy Mountain.
No more words.
there are a lot of brutal stuff to gif in his films… really…
. I’ve been a long-time fan of larme-kei & all the different brands that make up that ~aesthetic~. I’d love to do some of the make-up and hair tutorials from the magazines but, you know, I don’t look like a japanese model. So here’s something inspired! It’s super casual too & great for back to school. Products are on my youtube description as usual! _______________________________
Ways to Cheer Yourself Up (When wanting to be alone) - 50 top things to do
1. Go ON Tumblr, believe it or not, we don't care where you're from, what you do, how you're being you, as long as you are being you, you're pretty much welcomed on here. That's why i love it. Unless of course you are homophobic or judgemental or ignorant - then the people will speak for themselves, we look out for each other here.
2. Read Books; escapism is a wonderful thing
3. Listen to music; and no - not the sad, 'ALL BY MYSELF' type music, but the kickass songs like 'I will Survive' or 'Loser Like Me' just celebrate yourself for being awesome, because we know you are; even if others don't; especially then actually.
4. Become your own superhero. Every single one of you have a talent or a dream. Follow up on that talent/dream. YOU ARE WORTH IT, and you can be whoever you want to be.
5. DISNEY MOVIES. Unless you absolutely hate bursting out into song - better cut of highschool musical and glee while were at this, then Disney is the best pick me up ever.
6. Watch your favourite TV shows. Remind yourself why life can be awesome. Watching your fav characters usually means you can relate to them.
7. Go on walks - it's very pretty outside, and sometimes our heads can be overloaded with information or stress, I advise calming music and a nice walk outside in comfortable clothes.
8. Have a diary. A friend of mine recently bought me one, and it's a godsend because all the anger, or emotions I feel, I try to put in the diary rather than putting it out on others. It also calms you down. I feel better when I write.
9. Speaking of writing...if you enjoy it- WRITE. Writing is a wonderful way to escape. You can put all your emotions into your characters and they just come to life. I tend to do that when I'm stressed.
10. If writing is not your thing then bake. I've actually ironically read in a fan fiction where a character would bake when stressed and try out new recipes, this character tried making butterbeer; maybe be adventurous; have a food blog or something to keep you occupied.
11. Be With Your Pets - Pets are loyal creatures, and they love you, even when you're being a pain in the ass, and I hear they're very good listeners.
12. Now I don't know about you, but I LOVE Musicals. If you are a musical fanatic like me and you're feeling a little down, my dears; listen to those awesome voices, because sometimes we just - need - a break (Also, if you haven't watched RENT, watch it - NODAYBUT TODAY...or Starkid...Starkid make the most funniest musical parodies, even if you don't like musicals I suggest it, and if you're not enjoying their YouTube Channel, then I'll eat my own hat).
13. ASK ME ANYTHING. If you really want to talk to somebody but you don't want to talk to people you know and you just want to get things out, my ASK box is always open.
14. Find a hobby. If you don't really want to talk to anybody, that's okay, sometimes we need to just have some 'me time'. In my me times, I usually deactivate from Facebook, and just focus on things that make me happy. Like; Puzzles, Sudoku, Games, writing, cooking, singing, whatever it is...travelling even. Enjoy yourself.
15. Travel. Maybe being stuck in the same place is the problem, maybe you're head wants to be in a place where it can ACTUALLY THINK.
16. Go Hiking. I suppose Hiking is similar to walking but if you're an outdoor person, this is a great way to clear your head and to feel fresh.
17. Hit The Gym. Or even do your own exercises. I like to walk - do crunches, and I love Zumba. I love dancing. If you love being active, this is also another way to clear your mind from negative things.
18. GO SEE A MOVIE!!! When was the last time you had fun? Even if it's just by yourself. You're allowed to treat yourself. Go, enjoy, be surrounded by people, even if they're strangers.
19. If you like coffee, treat yourself for one at a local cafe. Who knows, you might meet your coffee soulmate in a cafe one day.
20. STOP thinking Negative. Have a Pros/Cons List. Try not to outweight the Pros list with the Cons. Please?
You are good enough.
21. Write down a bucket List, and start ticking them off. Having goals and dreams is healthy. If you have dreams, then you have a direction of where you're going.
22. Get help. It's okay, if you're head is in a really bad place to reach out to people. It really is okay.
23. Help others. If you're not sure what to do with yourself at all, be useful to other people less fortunate than you. Volunteer! Work with Charity, Feed the homeless, help the guide dogs association.
24. Smile more. It looks good on you, believe me. Spend time with your guilty pleasures, my guilty pleasure is binge watching glee
25. Please DO NOT go to a pub to drink to ease your mind, if you are going to do that, do it with a friend, or somebody close.
26. Eat Chocolate. Okay yes while society says NO DON'T EAT THE FATTY FOOD. Hey; screw them. If you feel better eating a bit of junk go for it. There's nothing wrong with eating a whole pizza or tub of ben and jerry ice cream when feeling upset - just try not to make TOO much of a habit :
27. REBLOG YOUR FOLLOWERS POSTS, you might be surprised that you aren't the only one feeling the way you're feeling, you might be surprised by how much you're forgetting that hey - it's gonna be alright.
28. Do something nice for your neighbour. Ah who knows, have you ever actually talked to them? Maybe they might be lonely too.
29. Have a GAMES Night. A very good friend of mine loves Games. If You LOVE Games, then hell have a marathon of them. Play the sims, be in control.
30. Speaking of marathons...dun dun dun - MOVIE MARATHON, I Don't Know About You Guys, But Having A Harry Potter Movie Marathon always cheers me Up. WITH FOOD Of course, and good company, but this is about cheering yourself up, so if you don't want company, that's okay.
31. Draw. I love drawing too. I suppose I'm more of the creative person. There are a lot of different types of people out there, maybe you like solving things - do those fancy cube things Idk what they're called. If you are like my brother and you love Maths, then maybe you can tutor someone. On one hand you're helping someone, and doing something you like doing, just like I'm drawing because I like drawing.
32.Be with kids. believe it or not, kids are the most innocent little munchkins, and they honestly don't care what you look like, if you play hide and seek with them they'll be thrilled, so long as you're nice to them, they're generally nice to you... but be warned, they tell it how it is too. I talk a bit different. The most popular thing they've said to me was "Is that why you talk funny, because of the things in your teeth?" (They've also never really seen braces before) I even had one kid determined to get me to sing 'Everything is awesome' I'll never forget that because this kid clearly didn't care how I sounded, and just wanted me to sing with her. I felt great.
33. If you're into Fairy Tales, Please Please Read Chris Colfer's The Land Of Stories series 1-4. It's an amazing series, and you almost forget what world you're in once you start reading. Plus, there's more coming (I'm a little excited)
34. Watch Pixar Movies. You can't go wrong.
35. GO TO HOGWARTS. Harry Potter Fan? Visit - Platform 9 3/4s in London, or go to the Harry Potter World, or if you can't actually visit these sites, go on Pottermore.
36. Read Fan Fiction, you might not be a harry potter fan, but whatever fandom you are in, believe me sometimes Fan Fictfion Cheer me up. I adore Glee *Don't Judge Me* and Dalton is the best thing ever. Or Little Numbers...or Both. They cheer me up big time.
37. Role play. If you like superheroes or characters, go be with the crowd. I believe they have events like Comic Con, and on Facebook they even have Events for such things, go be with strangers! So long as it's safe of course.
38. Write a letter to the person who inspires you most and send it. You might be surprised by an answer.
39. Pick up your instrument. Don't ignore your musical talent if you do have a musical talent. Remember, you're worth it. I don't care what you've done. Pick, It Up.
40. Maybe go visit your family? I know this is about 'quality me time' but if you haven't seen your family in such a long time or are at a distance. Maybe being surrounded by something familiar is what you need.
41. Change Careers. If you're not enjoying what you're doing or studying, change it. I remember in highschool a teacher said you might change your job 10 - 12 times before getting it right. It'okay, you just haven't found where you're meant to be yet.
42. Enter a competition - Who knows what will come from it, take risks.
43. If you're a risk-taker, challenge yourself. IDK how you're going to do that, but google has some pretty good answers. Even ask your tumblr followers, they follow you for a reason after all.
44. Go on a boat. Go Fishing! I don't know, it's not my thing, but if you like fishing, then hell - go out there and fish.
45. Find time for yourself, are you working too much? Maybe you are working too much. You know life doesn't stop for nobody, and if you keep pushing yourself so hard, time will go so fast and you won't realise how much of that time you could have spent on your own self.
The world is not going to end if you treat yourself.
46. You ARE Good Enough. Listen to my words. Sometimes encouragement is all we need, when people feel hopeless, or like everything's gone wrong. It's gonna be okay. I promise, just hang in there.
47. Write Down Quotes that Inspire You. I have a wall of these, and of people that inspire me too, and it reminds me of the good things in life when I'm in a crappy mood.
48. Find something to do. If you're not doing anything, go take up a course, research things that interest you, you might be surprised by what comes from it. Join a community that enjoys doing things you do.
49. Go To The Beach - If you live in Australia like me, visiting the beach is actually really calming and me and my best friend always would go on a random drive, and drive up to a beach or a look out, and it was always calming. Enchanting too sometimes. Maybe we forget about the place we live in, and what's exciting about the place. If you're in New York, visit Broadway or The Statue Of Liberty, or if you're in London, go to the London Bridge, or the Eye, visit the Eiffel Tower if you're in Paris...just go Anywhere.
50. Take a random journey. Go on a train to somewhere new, go on a road trip. You never know what's around the corner.
Some reassuring facts about high school from someone who graduated high school a few years back, for the anon:
no one gives a shit about high school once you graduate. the only people who care are ones who peaked in high school
you won’t regret not going to more school events. in high school, everyone said I would regret not going to my prom, not going to dances, and not going to rallies. honestly? I don’t regret it one bit.
what happens in high school doesn’t determine the outcome of your life. If you fuck up, it’s not the end of the world.
you probably won’t be in contact with any people from high school unless you actually make some effort. Usually it’s just trivial facebook interactions and weird happy birthday posts.
no one remembers that dumb rumor about you (except for the person who started it).
the popular kids in high school aren’t the popular kids after high school.
if you were embarrassed by the dumb things you did last year, it’s a good sign. you’re growing. you know you’re successful when you can’t remember high school because it’s just one cringe-y repressed memory.
community college is a good & valid option. One of my friends dropped out of high school to get a full time job because his girlfriend got pregnant. Once his kid started going to school, he got his GED and started studying at the community college. He just started as transfer student at Stanford studying materials engineering.
and again, no one cares about high school once you graduate high school
Characters: Officer Rebecca McKenzie, Jake McKenzie, M/C Word Count: 2746 Summary: Rebecca thought he was out of her life for sure. It’s been far too long. Since he disappeared, she has mourned, stored away the memories, and moved on with her life. That is, until a glimmer of hope resurfaced into her life, reviving her determination to search for Jake again.
Author’s Note: The soundcloud audio and visual of the letter are just ADDITIONAL COMPONENTS! You can still enjoy the fic without reading the letter or listening to Rebecca’s audio post. The letter is in the story, just separated in chunks between Rebecca’s memories. I just got really into this story so added a lil something extra.
WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST? They’ve both said ‘I love you’ plenty of times in their own way, though technically Harvey would’ve been first with, “He goes, I go.” As for the actual words? Mike.
WHO LAUGHS WHEN THE OTHER TRIPS? It’s less of a laugh and more of a snort-smirk from Harvey whenever Mike trips over his own feet, though usually he’s standing close enough that he can grab him before he hits the ground. Usually.
WHO PAYS THE BILLS? Harvey since it’s a point of pride. Though Mike’s not without his own pride and sneaks in payments whenever he remembers that something’s due. If it’s an argument about who pays for dinner, Harvey usually wins that one.
WHICH ONE MAKES A BIGGER DEAL AROUND THE HOLIDAYS? Both of them, actually. Harvey takes care of the planning while Mike takes care of decorating (aka, putting tinsel on literally everything). Neither’s really experienced a 'real holiday’ given their respective situations, so they make it a big deal out of it with one another (much to Mike’s initial surprise when they first started dating.)
WHO’S MORE CLUMSY? Have…you seen Mike play tennis? (S1E02.) Or actually land a paper basketball into a waste bin? (S2E13) Poor baby has the hand eye coordination of a three year old.
WHO CHECKS THEIR DAILY HOROSCOPE? Mike, during the car ride to work. Harvey claims not to believe in that bullshit but reads it over his shoulder anyway.
WHO SINGS LOUDER IN THE CAR? Mike, much to Harvey’s chagrin. He makes it very obvious that he thinks Mike’s a terrible singer. Mike, of course, sings louder. (Oh Danny boy anyone?)
WHO LEAVES THE CAP OFF THE TOOTHPASTE? Mike left it off literally once to see how badly Harvey would react. He was not disappointed.
WHO IS MORE UP TO DATE IN POP CULTURE? Both. It’s always competition.
WHO INSISTS ON GOING TO SEE THE NEWEST MOVIES? Again, both. Gotta keep up to date on the latest movies.
WHO CRIES WHEN THE ABUSED ANIMAL COMMERCIALS COME ON? Mike. Harvey, however, is the one who comes home with the puppy he found on the street and still claims not to have a heart.
WHO’S THE LIGHTER SLEEPER? Neither. They have five alarms between them to get them up on time.
WHO BELIEVES IN GHOSTS? Mike.
WHO DOES THE GROCERY SHOPPING? Both, when either has the time to go shopping. They usually eat out.
WHO UPDATES THEIR FACEBOOK STATUS MORE OFTEN? Mike, usually once an hour, usually with a selife.
The Non Binary flag was created in February 2014 by Kye Rowan. The yellow stripe represents gender outside the binary. White represents all or many genders. Purple represents a combination of female and male. Black represents a lack of gender.
What does non binary mean?
Nonbinary means that your gender exists outside the gender binary. It’s not being just male, or just female, or even anything to do with those at all. It’s a giant spectrum of people who don’t identify as a single, binary gender.
Myths and Misconceptions:
We’re not confused. We’re not attention seeking. We’re not just going through a phase. We get those sorts of comments even from other trans people. It’s not just a style, it’s an actual gender.
What is it like to be non binary?
It’s been both confusing and a huge relief to know I’m not crazy, that I don’t have to choose between male or female. I spent the last 26 years thinking I was broken, that something was wrong with me. I’m not broken. I’m nonbinary. I can live as myself happily, unapologetically.
I think of all the complicated labels and identities I feel, being nonbinary is the one that is most important to me. It is also the one that is the hardest to get people to accept, or see me as. I use genderqueer and nonbinary interchangeably because they both convey the outside the binary-ness that maverique really gets at.I use they/them pronouns and holy cow do people resist that. I have heard, “it’s so hard” about a thousand different ways and I just don’t know why? I really don’t care if people get my pronouns right 100% of the time as long as you try. I really can’t state this enough. If someone asks you to use a different name or pronouns you’re not used to, try. Don’t resist it, or make excuses. Ask for help if you think you’ll need it. If you really think it’s a cry for help or attention or the person is just confused, let them be confused! If they’re in a place where they feel they need you to do this for them, trying to do it will only help and resisting will only hurt. Plus, I believe you can learn a new word or name. You’ve done it before. For people who use they/them or other non-standard pronouns, it’s just hard. I’d recommend offering to help anyone who says that it’s so hard to use a new pronoun. Just being polite but insistent can work. Try to surround yourself with as many people who respect your pronouns as possible for the bad days. I’ve definitely lost friends, mentors, and even a relative because of this. My mentality is that those people aren’t worth the effort to keep. If they won’t do something this simple for you, you don’t deserve to put in all the effort to deal with them. It can be hard. Just hang in there. There are good days and bad days. Hang on to memories and moments of gender euphoria to get you through the bad days, whatever they may look like.
I’ve come out to friends and coworkers, but not my family. As supportive as my friends/coworkers are, they always misgender me and use the wrong pronouns. Some are better than others, but it’s bad enough that I misgender myself, and that makes me feel awful. I don’t even want to change my name, but I feel like I have to in order to be taken seriously and have my gender respected. I won’t have any body dysphoria if socially I was accepted as my real gender. Acceptance will come with representation in the media, which is why i’m going into film. I want to show people that they aren’t alone and they aren’t wrong for being different and unique and abnormal. I had to give up dresses because of how typically feminine they are, and I spend more money than I have to rebuild my wardrobe and buy all this stuff to look more androgynous. I’m hoping that when I move to a different city where no one knows me, I’l get to really live the way I want to. At any rate, I love being enbie, I love the community and the pride knowing that the gender binary doesn’t exist for me.
Tips for being non binary:
Try and find a group or any friends that can relate due to questioning or identifying as gender variant. Isolation sucks and the internet can only offer so much in emotional relief from it. Talking to people in person and knowing you’re not the only one in the area can help with a slow transition or people not realising what they’re saying is excluding/demeaning you. Groups usually have websites or a Facebook page
You can do whatever you please, but a few things that have helped with my own presentation: makeup is a huge gamechanger. Not only can you make your face look more femme, you can make it look more masc too. There are tons of tutorials on youtube. I’ve also started mixing between femme and masc presentation for my hair, clothes, and everything else.
Above all else, just remember that no matter how you present, you are nonbinary. There’s no right or wrong way to be nonbinary. Just live your truth and you’ll be fine.
Bonus: A Poem by @hiraeth-ology Rewriting the Gender Studies Curriculum:
a brief timeline:
at point x: men fought in battle to give me my name at point y: women died in childbirth to do the same
& so why would i want to be either when history is always written by the winners?
a geography lesson:
i will map out my grief for anyone who’ll listen:
man is a thunderstorm: calm, & then not woman is a country: drawn, & then crossed
they/them/theirs can be used as singular pronouns
example: timothy went to the shops to buy a dress. they could not find one in the right size & was very angry with themself for leaving preparations for the party too late. hopefully, they will have better luck searching online.
en français, ils peuvent utiliser sol, par exemple sol a demandé où sol pouvait trouver la meilleure nourriture & je pense que c'est beau d’être appelés soleil pourquoi ne voudriez-vous pas être appelé soleil?
test: multiple choice (select one):
sasha went to the shop & bought a dress a car nothing because having a vagina does not automatically give you desire to spend money
Any advice for a 23 year old lesbian who has literally no experience with dating/sex/relationships about how to get into the dating pool?
I’m gonna be straight forward: the best way to get out there is to get out there. Go on facebook, check out if there are any LGB events close to you, figure out what is the kind of environment you’re comfortable in (a pub versus a club versus a bar, for example).
If you aren’t comfortable looking for facebook LGB/lesbian groups (which is understandable, since facebook usually showcases so much of your personal info), you might wanna check out some dating apps. I hear OKCupid is a good option. Always be careful of possible males who could come up, filter your options well.
Online dating can be just the thing, but always put safety first. If you’re meeting someone irl, tell someone close where you’re going and how long you expect to stay there.
As for sex advice, you can check out our lil master post (x) and for dating advice, we have the [dating tag].
I hope this helps a little! Let us know if you need anything else, and good luck!
John: Since the numbers have stopped, it’s not right you should go on paying me as generously as you are. Harold: Since you give away ninety percent of what I pay you, I don’t see why I shouldn’t continue.
Imagine John Reese, in his new suits with his new job checking his new account and boggling at the money in it. Imagine him making a withdrawl right away and pressing it into the hands of a homeless woman. He thinks he may have seen her before during his own time on the street, he’s not sure. He hurries on before she gets a good look at him.
Imagine John setting up a recurring donation to a women’s shelter after a case where he managed to get a woman out just in time, just before her partner finally took the last step and killed her. Imagine him asking for referrals to other places to donate from the nice lady who comes out to greet them and take his Number inside.
Imagine John setting up donations to different charities, anything that catches his eye. Charities that help veterans, people recovering from addiction, youth programs, suicide hotlines, human rights organisations, no-kill shelters, scholarships, food banks and soup kitchens.
He starts eating in new places and leaving extraordinary large tips. He pays for the coffee for the person behind him and quickly leaves the store. He stuffs a twenty, a fifty, a hundred into the tip jars of his favourite bakeries, always folded so nobody can see the dollar amount while he does it. He finds a pizza place where you can pay for people who can’t afford a slice and presses several brightly coloured post-it notes to a wall he finds satisfyingly full already.
Imagine John finding crowdfunding sites. He throws a few bucks to a fantasy comic anthology focussed on diversity because he likes the cover art. He donates some to an educational video game about a dog exploring space because it makes him smile. He finds a link to people trying desperately to get the money they need to pay for surgery for their beloved cat. He donates the remaining amount, plus some extra to cover any unexpected costs.
He may lose track of time that evening, scrolling through countless of pages of people who need help, doing what he can. Helps fund medical bills and name changes and moves out of bad situations and abortions and car repairs and binders and legal fees and schooling and hormones and pet care and anything that will help someone survive, help them keep going.
It’s dizzying, and he has to remind himself to pace himself and make sure he keeps enough for the essentials: a hot meal, tea for Finch, a treat for Bear every now and then. (Also, dry-cleaning. He’s not sure where Finch found a dry-cleaner that will get blood out of his suits without asking questions, but he always makes sure to tip a little more than usual when it happens.)
Imagine Harold not saying a word, but every now and then, the e-mail from one of John’s aliases gets a message, no subject line, usually just a link, but miraculously never marked as spam. It’s usually a facebook post, or some other type of social media or blog, about a person telling a story of a sudden windfall, thanking the anonymous person who tipped them enough so their kid could afford new shoes for school, or they can pay their rent, or how the world seems less bleak.