self care "(beauty)" tips
1. Ditch the overpriced products and make your own toner using apple cider vinegar and water.
2. Get a gentle cleanser, from brands like Cetaphil, CeraVe, and/or Simple Skincare for example.
3. Use two different towels for your body and for intimate when showering.
4. For soft hydrated skin use baby oil gel after a shower, if you are feeling like you need extra moisture, follow up with a good lotion by Vaseline or Palmer’s Cocoa Butter.
5. Use an oil as a nightly moisturizer, yup, even if you already have oily skin. It helps give you a natural glow and hydrate your skin without being over powering. Some of the best oils are RMS beauty oil, Josie Maran’s Argan Oil, and more on the simpler side: any kind of vitamin E oil.
6. Use sunscreen or a moisturizer with SPF as a daily moisturizer! Even if it’s a cold and dark day. UV intensity is always there and with protection you can prevent and subside acne scars and dark spots, as well as any sun damage to your skin.
7. Use an eye cream to combat dryness under your eyes and also for your makeup (if you wear any) to lay down smoother.
8. Let your boobs and your vagina breathe every now and then. You don’t always need to wear a bra or panties if you’re going to bed, and if you feel most comfortable with them, wear bralettes that aren’t overly tight, and loose cotton panties. Trust me, you’ll feel a bit freer.
9. Buy an at home foot-spa, ConAir has great ones for reasonable prices. Sometimes it’s good just to get home and have some you-time.
10. If drinking water is hard for you, make detox waters! You can google all kinds of recipes from adding simple cucumbers and lemon slices to even getting creative and adding watermelon and berries. It will get you more excited to drink water and also add some flavor if that’s what you need.
11. Massage your scalp. This increases blood flow and in result helps your hair to grow. If your goal is for hair growth, use one of your favorite hair growth products from oils/greased to massage into your hair as you do it. For example (and my favorite): Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
12. If your lips are chapped and it seems like even chapstick and lip balms aren’t having an affect, use a lip scrub and finish off with just a dap vitamin e oil.
13. Eat fruit. If you’re hungry and it’s late at night: eat fruit. If you’re hungry and there’s “no food in the house”: eat fruit. If you’re hungry but pressing on time: eat fruit. EAT FRUIT! EAT FRUIT! EAT FRUIT!
14. Moisturize your eyelashes. I know, it’s something we hardly think about. But we moisturize our hair and skin, think about how little we touch our lashes unless it’s with makeup? Moisturizing your lashes will stimulate growth and maintain its health. Vitamin E oil or a little dap of aloe vera gel would work.
15. TRIM. YOUR. ENDS. Don’t hang on to dead hair or split ends simply for length. Otherwise your hair will just keep breaking where it’s already broken and stay the same length that it is. Healthy hair is “good hair.”
16. If you have oily or acne prone skin use a very gentle but affective form of exfoliation every other day, such as a konjac sponge.
17. Remove makeup with micellar water, it’s super refreshing and will lift every bit of makeup from your face