- 13W or greater portable solar charger for USB compatible devices (this one is 25 W)
- 10,000mAH external battery/usb charger (example)
- USB LED strip light (I like this one a LOT)
- plug external battery into solar charger
- place charger in sunny spot.
- hang your strip light. These are painfully bright, so I recommend placing them somewhere facing a wall or ceiling where you won’t look directly at the LEDs. They fit great on door and window trim. They’re very light, so emovable sticky stuff like command adhesive works fine for renters.
- when your battery is charged (6-8 hrs from dead to full charge), plug the light in and enjoy 4-6 hours
of bright, Eco-friendly work lighting.
Additional notes: please, for the love of beautiful things, make your
area as art nouveau or retro-futurist as you’d like; this is more of a
technical post than an aesthetic one. Don’t let my cramped little
writing desk with oddball junk on it limit your imagination.