I’m watching this video by Supergymmie and I absolutely love how, alongside the amazing gymnastics, she’s (and I’m assuming Supergymmie is a girl because I don’t actually know for sure who’s behind the channel) captured such sweet moments from the Rio Games. I’m going to go ahead and list them all (in case you can’t/don’t have time to watch the video), because it’s just so beautiful. Truly the spirit of the Olympic Games.
- Sophie Scheder crying when she won bronze on bars (the music here really hammers it home and made me tear up)
- Simone waving to the crowd after her final routine of her Olympic Games
- Sophie smiling when Aliya kissed her gold medal
- Amy grinning at Simone showing the camera that she’s won four gold medals
- Simone beaming as Sanne kisses her gold medal
- Tears from Sophie on the podium and Amy after the floor scores were finalised; really shows how much these unexpected medals meant to these girls.
- Catalina giving Sanne a long hug after the beam final
- Marine Boyer being a cutie and waving either at a camera or someone in the audience
- Aly and Simone hugging/waving to the crowd after the AA
- Houry Gebeshian kissing the beam
- Aly in tears after her AA floor exercise (still crying over this)
- Houry Gebeshian kissing the bars
- Simone and Aimee crying when Simone won the AA
On another note; for some reason, this video really shows how incredible Simone was over everyone else BUT, also lets me marvel at the freaking HEIGHT Aly gets on her double pike Arabian!!
Congratulations to Simone Biles, Madison Kocian, Gabrielle Douglas, Alexandra Raisman and Lauren Hernandez of the United States for winning the Artistic Gymnastics Women’s Team Final for the 2016 Rio Olympics!
Janette Antolin probably had one of the best laided out Jeagers. She actually showed an open hip position (arch) rather than just a singular straight body like most girls do. She had such a dynamic swing too. Its a shame that she was from the “dark ages” of USA Gymnastics and never really got the appreciation she deserved.