Critters asked: How many cumulative hours has Vox Machina fought with doors on stream?
It’s impossible to say in in-game time because some of it wasn’t measured in neat 6-second rounds. We can, however, measure real life time! For this (and for fun), we decided to include some barriers and portals that functioned as doors as well. We didn’t include doors that didn’t pose a threat to Vox Machina. Updated to Episode 85.
Time Spent Dealing With Doors and Barriers: 4:11:13
1. I’m (you’re) awesome.
2. Miraculous Ladybug Season 2
3. Try all pop tart flavors
4. Will Adele come out with a 27 Album?
5. I (you) haven’t traveled to all countries in the world
6. Will they make another Sherlock Season?
7. First female doctor (Doctor Who)
8. Rewatch reread Harry Potter
9. I (you) haven’t heard all songs in the world
10. First female US president
11. First openly gay US president
12. First trans US president
First US president of Asian decent
13. First Native American US president
14. First (insert thing that hasn’t happened yet) US president
15. I (you (maybe)) haven’t kissed anyone yet (romantically)
16. Will I (you) ever like alcohol?
17. What has happened to my (your) kindergarten teacher?
18. End to the civil war in Syria
19. Understand what is going on between Israel and Palestine
20. I (you) haven’t eaten entire bucket of ice cream
21. I (you) haven’t been to a concert for my (your) favorite band
22. I (you) haven’t baked a three tiered cake with FONDANT decor
23. I (you) haven’t gone skydiving
24. I (you) haven’t gone normal diving
25. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
26. I (you) haven’t gone to a pride parade
27. I (you) haven’t come out to your conservative family
28. I (you) haven’t been to Paris (and not gotten sick/hospitalized)
29. I (you) haven’t confessed your love to my (your) (past) crush
30. My (your) soulmate (I BELIEVE)
31. My (your) wedding
32. What is the undefined answer to something divided by zero?
33. My (your) best friends’ weddings and future kids (who are gonna be cray)
34. Are there aliens out there?
35. What in hell is a pop tart (insert all weird candy here)?
36. Christmas, Hanukkah, Halloween, Ramadan, …
37. Will I (you) ever (finally) get a girlfriend (or significant other)?
38. Finding clothes I (you) feel HOT in
39. Will there be a Saeran or V route in mystic messenger?
40. Being able to drink legally
41. Going to university
42. Throwing an actual party (which I haven’t done)
43. Seeing what all my (your) friends end up doing with their lives
44. Will my (your) friend become a drunkard? @deathtobluejeans
45. Have a couch for my (your) possibly drunkard friend to use (I got you @deathtobluejeans)
46. Finish writing my (your) fan fictions
47. Will the US fall to shit?
48. Helping people if/when the US falls to shit
49. Laughing at a clown fish
50. Pull a successful prank
51. Stand up to the person who bullied me (you)
52. Having a successful come back
53. PUNS. That’s it just puns. Using them.
54. I (you might) want to go to some place where couples make out (like those Make out Point places in movies) and blast the Macarena and start to dance on top of my (your) car with my (your) future wife (spouse)
55. Having a child and showing them every Studio Ghibli Film and crying for hours
56. Will there be a toy story 4??
57. The Incredibles 2 (daarling)
58. Getting another (or just a) pet *cough* dogs rule *cough*
59. Doing pranks and such with my (your) child
60. Best friends’ birthdays
62. Going skinny dipping
63. Getting into a college
64. Discovering/Eat more exotic food
65. Seeing gay marriage legalized in all countries
66. Helping the earth through climate change
67. See an armadillo in person
68. Summit (another) mountain
69. Will I pass my learners permit test?
70. Get my license
71. Breakfast tomorrow
72. Going to a music festival
73. Going to a film festival
74. Going to the oscars
75. Going to Shakespeare in the park
76. Directing my (your) own show
77. Create my (your) own album
78. Riding a bike and not falling on my (your) ass
79. Taking a nice shower
80. Seeing mental health being addressed in government/society
81. Overcoming my (your) anxiety, depression, eating disorder…
82. Becoming fluent in Mandarin (or other language)
83. Yelling at people in French (or another language you might be proficient or fluent in)
84. Becoming fluent in ASL and LSF
85. Sneaking out of my (your) house (to get food lol)
86. Watch my (your) favorite youtubers’ videos
87. Buying myself (yourself) lingerie
88. The feeling when I (you) ace a test
89. Falling in love (again) and when my (your) heart races
90. Miraculous Ladybug Seasons 3-483937373
91. Jam session in my (your) car
92. Making fun of my (your) best friend when around their crush
93. Getting a good night sleep.
94. Feeling the butterflies on my (your) first date with someone
95. Rewatching Pokémon (and finding my old deck (catch ‘em all)
96. What will I (you) have for lunch tomorrow?
97. Mike Pence official website
98. My (your) next birthday
99. Should I (you) get a tattoo?
100. I am (you are) unique in all the world and no one can ever replace me (you), because i am (you are) one in an infinite number of people that are or could have lived right now
101. Will there be another Avatar series (last airbender/legend of korra NOT THE BLUE PEOPLE)
when u put on flannel and ur Cassie af:
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my selｆ 💯
when u remember the rest of the books and the mess of PTSD she must have:
do NOT sign me the FUCK up 👎👀👎👀👎👀👎👀👎👀 bad shit ba̷̶ ԁ sHit 👎 thats ❌ some bad 👎👎shit right 👎👎 th 👎 ere 👎👎👎 right ❌ there ❌ ❌ if i do ƽaү so my selｆ🚫 i say so 🚫 thats not what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ)
I managed to get some art done for a potential job today.
Which is important to you guys because it means I think I’m settling into my new tablet and getting over the weird headspace I’ve been in since I got back and I’m hoping to get pages out for this Saturday which at this point looks really likely to happen.
Taako (Justin) actually uses a few spells during The Suffering Game that he was not supposed to be able to use.
True Seeing; during The Suffering Game, Taako is a level 12 wizard, meaning that he only has one level 6 spell slot. During Episode 53, he uses the spell Disintegrate (level 6 transmutation) on the multiplying regenerating poisonous slime. Later on in Episode 54, Taako uses True Seeing (level 6 divination) on Magnus. There wasn’t anything mentioned between these two events that Taako had gotten this spell slot back.
There is the fact that Taako did cast Magic Jar (level 6 necromancy) in episode 56 when he was saving Magnus’ soul, but this is justified by the fact that the Umbra Staff had had Fake!Jenkins’ wand earlier that episode, so Taako had his spell slot back by then.
Taako used Drammij’s Instant Summons (level 6 conjuration) in Episode 58, but Reunion Tour take place the day after the events of The Suffering Game, so he had a long rest before then.
Hunger of Hadar; Taako uses this spell in Episode 55. Hunger of Hadar (level 3 conjuration) is a warlock only spell. Taako is a wizard and does not own a magic item that grants him the ability to use another class’ spell.
First you will settle yourself with the right foot
forward in Coda Longa e Stretta, with
the left foot by the right, & without moving the eye from the dagger hand
of your enemy, in which mode first you will give a thrust to the uncovered part
of his hand, the side inside of his right hand, if he will have no worse or
better for himself; & turn with this point a mezzo mandritto in that same time & your dagger will be in Porta di Ferro Alta;
now, to threaten
your enemy’s head, you will throw your right foot a little across to his right
side [from his perspective] and throw in this passing a blow with the true edge
of the dagger in Guardia de Intrare
& in this same parry you will throw your left foot strongly across to his
right side & grab with your left hand his right arm straight from outside, in
this mode you will give a roverso to the head or a thrust to the chest; take
care that he does not throw his left hand to your dagger arm; and having done
this you will take four or five passes backwards & settle yourself as
[For this GIF, just note that the entry forward should be through Guardia de Intrare, which is a thrust to the face palm down, which these guys don’t do because they lack a crossguard on their swords and therefore must use a hanging].
Chapter 54. On the
second part of the dagger alone.
Standing in Coda
Longa e Stretta and your enemy throws a thrust to your dagger hand, in
throwing this thrust you will lift your hand such that you pass his point and
in the same tempo give him a roverso
traversato on top of his dagger arm;
and if he throws to you a mandritto to the head, you will parry it
with the true edge of the dagger and give him a fendente in the head; & and make a mezza volta di pugno & you will settle in Coda Longa e Stretta, very polished, ordered as in the first part.
This replica of the 1954 Chevrolet Nomad station wagon took 7 years to build, and the result is pretty spectacular. It’s a re-creation of a concept displayed at the old GM Motorama shows, and used a ‘54 Corvette as the starting point.
Hello, fellow Phans! If you haven’t yet seen it, this is @butchhartman‘s “tour of the Ghost Zone” linked straight from his official YouTube channel. The first six minutes (or up to 5:54, to be exact) are mostly a recap of what loyal viewers already know, with a few comments that might be good to take note of. After that, Hartman gets into some interesting ideas that are not seen in the show itself.The key points will be covered below the cut with references to the times they are mentioned in the video, for those of you who can’t watch it right now!
I apologize in advance for being overly wordy, I am very very excited about some of this (most. all?)!
Tito Puente was born on April 20, 1923, at Harlem Hospital Center in New York City. His family moved frequently, but he spent the majority of his childhood in the Spanish Harlem area of the city. Puente’s father was the foreman at a razorblade factory.
As a child, he was described as hyperactive, and after neighbors complained of hearing seven-year-old Puente beating on pots and window frames, his mother sent him to 25 cent piano lessons. By the age of 10, he switched to percussion, drawing influence from jazz drummer Gene Krupa. He later created a song-and-dance duo with his sister Anna in the 1930s and intended to become a dancer, but an ankle tendon injury prevented him pursuing dance as a career. When the drummer in Machito’s band was drafted to the army, Puente subsequently took his place.
During the 1950s, Puente was at the height of his popularity, and helped to bring Afro-Cuban and Caribbean sounds, like mambo, son, and cha-cha-cha, to mainstream audiences. Puente was so successful playing popular Afro-Cuban rhythms that many people mistakenly identify him as Cuban. Dance Mania, possibly Puente’s most well known album was released in 1958. Later, he moved into more diverse sounds, including pop music, bossa nova and others, eventually settling down with a fusion of Afro-Cuban and Latin jazz genres that became known as “salsa” (a term that he disliked). In 1979, Puente won the first of five Grammy Awards for the albums A Tribute to Benny Moré, On Broadway, Mambo Diablo, and Goza Mi Timbal. In 1990, Puente was awarded the James Smithson Bicentennial Medal. He was also awarded a Grammy at the first Latin Grammy Awards, winning Best Traditional Tropical Album for Mambo Birdland. In 1995, he appeared as himself on the Simpsons episode “Who Shot Mr. Burns?” In early 2000, he shot the music documentaryCalle 54, wearing an all-white outfit with his band. After a show in Puerto Rico on May 31, he suffered a massive heart attack and was flown to New York City for surgery to repair aheart valve, but complications developed and he died during the night of May 31 – June 1, 2000. He was posthumously awarded the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2003.
Tito Puente’s name is often mentioned in a television production called La Epoca, a film about the Palladium era in New York, Afro-Cuban music and rhythms, Mambo and Salsa as dances and music and much more. The film discusses many of Tito Puente’s as well as Arsenio Rodríguez’s contributions, and features interviews with some of the musicians Puente recorded with such as Alfonso “El Panameno” Joseph, Luis Mangual, Julian Lianos and others.
Puente’s youngest son, Tito Puente, Jr., has continued his father’s legacy by presenting many of the same songs in his performances and recordings, while daughter Audrey Puenteis a television meteorologist for WNYW and WWOR-TV in New York City. Puente’s granddaughter, Janeen Puente, is a singer and bandleader. Her band is known as the Janeen Puente Orchestra.
Omg, so another request whenever you have time (i hope everything at school smoothes out for you!) But Merlin x civilian!reader, and at first she has no idea that he's an Agent, but slowly figures it out?
You seriously thought he was a tailor.
I mean, until one night there’s a knock at the door and suddenly six armed Russian spies storm through the front door and bind you to a kitchen chair. They aren’t gentle, and they’re combing through your flat looking for anything they can find on some bloke named Merlin. They keep drilling you about where “the Wizard” is, and you have no fucking clue what they’re chattering on about.
Not until Hamish walks through the door. There’s a moment of hesitation among everyone in the room, and then the tallest of the Russians speaks like he’s seeing an old friend again.
“Merlin, my old friend! So good to see you,” he chides. His friendly demeanor fades. As Merlin stiffens, the goons circle him in the kitchen, blocking the exit. “Kill him.”
But, Merlin takes all of them out within, like, 54 seconds using his briefcase and you are suddenly very aware that your boyfriend of six months is not a fucking tailor. When he pulls the gag from your mouth, your eyes are wild with anger. “A tailor? You told me you were a tailor? You are not a tailor with moves like that. Hamish, you have a lot of explaining to do right this second, Hamish.”
Honestly, he’s in no state to explain this to you right now, and it seems like you’re fine. Merlin just puts the gag back in your mouth and leaves you to calm down while he pours himself a glass of scotch.