Today’s new hairstyle, the Horizontal Bun, is something that I came up with recently that I have really come to enjoy. It’s not that often that I come across low buns that I feel good wearing so looks like this are quite new to me. What I like most about this bun is that it is low, but not particularly heavy. I also love how this can be worn very clean, but also looks good messy.
2) Two Large Hair Ties
3) Two Small Hair Ties
4) Bobby Pins
1) Start by brushing out your hair.
2) Split your hair in half by creating a middle part all the way down your head.
3) Use the large hair ties to create two pigtails at the middle, back of your head.
4) Braid each pigtail and tie off with the small hair elastics.
5) Take the right pigtail and begin creating a figure eight shape by bringing it up and around the left hair tie.
6) Bobby pin into place.
7) Take the remainder of the right ponytail and bring it up and back around the right hair tie.
8) Bobby pin into place.
9) Continue this process until there is no more excess hair.
10) Repeat steps 5-9 with the left braid. Finalize with hairspray.
This week’s hairstyle combines many of I’m Hair For You’s hairstyles into one amazing bun. Using a combination of a regular braid, a regular twist, a fishtail, a 4 strand fishtail, and a box braid, you can create this braided top knot. Instead of including all of the instructions for each braid along the way, I have linked previous tutorials in each step. You can also use a different combination of braids and twists in this look - it’s totally up to you!
2) Large Hair Tie
3) 5 Small Hair Ties
4) Bobby Pins
1) Start by brushing your hair into a ponytail where you would like your bun to be located.
2) Take one fifth of your hair and begin twisting it.
3) Tie off with a small hair elastic.
4) Take another fifth of your hair and create a regular braid.
5) Tie off with another small hair tie.
6) Next, section off another fifth of your hair and begin a fishtail braid. Click here for a full fishtail tutorial.
7) Tie off with a third small hair tie.
8) Taking another fifth of your hair, start a 4 strand fishtail braid. Click here for my recent 4 strand tutorial.
9) Tie off with another small hair elastic.
10) Take the rest of your hair and begin a box braid. Click here for a DIY box braid tutorial.
11) Tie off with your final small hair tie.
12) Take one of your five completed sections and begin wrapping it around your ponytail.
13) Bobby pin into place.
14) Repeat steps 12 and 13 with the rest of your sections and finish with hairspray.