until you have to have opinions about them

What to do when you’re stuck with a lazy group? I’m with two guys and we still haven’t chosen a topic. We have to present in two weeks. Nobody replies to my messages and both left after class this week. I just wanted to choose a topic and leave!!!! So I booked a study room today and they all made excuses. Ugh. I’m gonna be the one who’s doing all the work. This is worth 40% of our grade. Same as the exam. FML

Hi there, thank you for asking, as this is a super common problem in high school, university and the workplace! I’ve never seen this question answered in depth on studyblr, so I’ll give it a go! 

NB. It depends on your personality as to the approach you want to take, so let everyone who’s reading this not pass judgement upon others in such a situation~ Remember in all of this to be polite, understanding and gracious no matter how much you want to flip tables. The following 5 Options go in order of how many bridges you want to burn :’)

Option 0. Wait for a bit longer and try communicating with them again.

I have seen a similar question asked once on tumblr where the studyblr blogger answered “two weeks is plenty of time, you’re probably over-reacting”… Obviously, I’m not going to trivialise your answer by giving you just one option like that - I frankly thought that studyblr was quite rude for answering so shortly to someone who took the time to ask them a question.

How to do it: The way you communicate with them now might not be effective, so make sure that you’re ticking off the following boxes if you choose this option, rather than just letting nothing change: meeting face to face, setting mini-deadlines for each part instead of just allocating once at the beginning, and make sure each member knows what and when they have to complete something.

This option is best suited for people who:

  • really don’t want to create a commotion and would rather wait a little longer and reduce the time available for them to do the project,
  • or people who would answer ‘Strongly Disagree’ to “Being organized is more important to you than being adaptable“ and “In a discussion, truth should be more important than people’s sensitivities.” in a personality quiz (a strong prognostic factor for Option 1 tbh),
  • or people who know they can tackle everything in less than 1 week,
  • or people who just realised/kind of know they’re actually overreacting,
  • or have just realised whilst reading this that maybe they didn’t actually try contacting the other group members all that well (i.e. don’t have enough evidence for Option 3).

Pros:

  • Nobody gets angry at anyone, and it doesn’t reflect badly on you either (because no one finds out if you don’t say anything - people tend to be judgemental if you pick one of the three options below).
  • Less stressful for some people than confrontation.
  • You might get eventual cooperation.

Cons:

  • You might not get eventual cooperation, and end up being stuck with all the work anyway (hence resulting in options below).
  • More stressful for other people as you feel time is ticking away and nothing is changing.
  • The time you spend waiting for the others will result in less time for you to tackle all the actual work.

Pro-tip: doing as much individual work as possible sometimes will egg those team members to finally start pulling their weight, or can help you with Option 3 if you do end up going for it.

Option 1. You make all the decisions and do all the work.

Best suited for people who: are academically gifted, like doing work independently, have excellent time management skills.

Pros:

  • You can ensure the quality of the work will be excellent.
  • You get to choose what topic to do and direct the overall project turnout.
  • No one hates you for anything, but NB. your friends and family relationships that suffer as a result of the time you have to sacrifice might not have anything pleasant to say about it all.

Cons:

  • You need an extraordinary amount of time.
  • The other people in the group get a free ride and in nastier words, some would say you get taken advantage of for your goodwill.
  • Lack of group opinion may make the quality of your work suffer.
  • Other subjects you’re taking may suffer.

Option 2. Badger the other group members until they do some work.

Best suited for people who: don’t want to be stuck with Option 1, but don’t want to escalate to Option 3. Give them an ultimatum about the work, or just decide the topic by yourself if they don’t step up.

Pros:

  • Very similar to Option 0 in that you wait a bit longer before taking drastic action, so you might get eventual cooperation, and you don’t bother your professor.

Cons:

  • You stress yourself out badgering other people.
  • Other group members get annoyed at you, and your classmates that happen to watch you badgering have a not-so-great impression of you.

Option 3. Document a significant amount of evidence that shows your effort to get them to contribute and contact the professor about it.

Best suited for people who: would like to do things independently but just cannot afford the time because of other commitments.

Pros:

  • Professor can step in and (hopefully) offer some sort of alternative solution.
  • Your other subjects won’t suffer.
  • Sometimes you have a really great professor and they end up taking into account that you’ve done the project by yourself and mark super nicely/give a bonus mark, or even penalise the other students.

Cons:

  • Professor may snuff you and say “the purpose of this project is also to learn about team cooperation”. Had a prof before who told us straight up at the beginning of the project that “you work it out, not me”
  • Professor may help you out, but in a way that doesn’t really end up helping e.g. he just emails the two members of your group to tell them to start working once and that’s it.
  • Other group members hate you for life (and I know this bothers some people enough not to go through with it, again pls remember no judgement fellow readers)

How to do it: Email should be along the lines of the following:

Dear Professor _______,

I am a current student undertaking [course code]. I am sorry to contact you in unfortunate circumstances, but I have been having severe difficulty convening with the other members for the remainder of the _____ project. While I am aware that group projects have a dual purpose to both educate us on the academic topic as well as to improve our cooperation and communication skills, I have tried [insert whatever means you attempted to contact them by, attaching evidence is up to you]. I have already completed the intro/background research/other individual task, however I cannot complete the ______ by myself/without group input.

I would appreciate any guidance you could offer/I would greatly appreciate your help/If it is possible, could you please [insert action depending on how desperate you are - don’t ask for anything unreasonable!]?

I apologise for having to inconvenience you, and thank you for your understanding on the matter.

Kind regards,

[Name and student number]

Option 4. You do all the work and then leave their names off the work.

Best suited for people who: work independently, don’t mind burning a few bridges. I won’t actually recommend this option, but I’ve seen this happen in real life.

Pros:

  • Sense of self-satisfaction for some people when the lazy members don’t get a free ride.
  • Again, you make sure the project quality is exactly what you want.

Cons:

  • Similar to Option 1 minus the free ride bit.
  • Not only do the other group members hate you, but their friends in your cohort will too. At least in Option 3, those guys can’t try and gossip behind your backs because whoever they tell will realise that they didn’t do the right thing either.
  • Do this at your own risk, as it can backfire depending on the professor - if anyone’s watched Cheese in the Trap - the main character does all the work but the professor managed to suss out that the other group members didn’t do anything, and as a result penalised her with a D grade for failing to make it “group” work despite the fact she would’ve gotten an A. Some profs are really… they just don’t see it your way :/

Hopefully things don’t have to escalate to Option 4, but whatever you choose to take, I’ll wish you the best! I’ve given quite detailed instructions and written comprehensively, but feel free to contact me any time if you need any more help :)


MY STUDY TIPS

Please see my #optomstudies tag or my study tips directory (web only) for the full list of study tips + see my kpop vocab lists + stationery + bujo spreads! ^_^

WHAT I WISH I’D KNOWN BEFORE UNIVERSITY STUDY TIPS SERIES
0 Choosing a Degree , 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10-1 , 10-2 Saving Money 11 Adapting to Uni Study , 12 Study From Textbooks in Uni

The Floor is Lava One Shot

Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader

Warnings: curse word(s)

Requested by anon:  Hi!! I really like your writing it’s incredible💙💙 can you please write a Peter Parker x Reader where they’re dating and they do the floor is lava challenge in different places just like the videos?

A/N: Aw, thanks anon :’) This was a cute idea, a little hard to write, but I love how it turned out, hope you enjoy!

word count: 2.2k


You sat on the floor of Peter’s bedroom smiling down at your phone. You were currently watching Twitter videos while Peter did his homework on his bed. Of course, you were supposed to be doing your homework as well, but you merely read the first paragraph of the chemistry book before you decided to “check” your phone. He had invited you over so you two could have a study date; however, neither of you had finished your homework, so the sooner you did, the sooner you could get to actually studying for your test on Monday.

“Is there something funny about the reading that I missed?” Peter asked with a teasing smile.

You looked up at the sound of your boyfriend’s voice. He was looking at you expectantly, probably already knowing you weren’t working, so you raised the book further to hide your phone.

“Um, yeah. I can’t believe you missed the, um,” you quickly skimmed through the page to find something to say, “covalent bonds part. The name is Bonds, Covalent Bonds.” You cringed at your attempt at a chemistry joke, but your voice held hope.

Peter tried not to smile but laughed, “Okay, that was good,”

“Really?” you mumbled, sounding surprised.

Peter quirked his eyebrow.

“I mean, yeah, obviously it was good -that’s why I was smiling…at my own joke. Not at anything else,” you quickly said, trying to save yourself.

“I can see your face glowing,” he dead-panned.

“Aw, thanks babe! I’m trying out this new moisturizer-”

“Y/N”

“It’s Chanel?” you tried.

Peter narrowed his eyes at you. “Chanel? Really?”

“Okay, I lied. It’s not Chanel, it’s an off-brand-”

“Y/N,” he laughed.

“It’s water. I’ve been drinking more water. You caught me.”

He merely gave you a look.

“My secret is out Peter I don’t know what else you want from me,” you laughed, unable to take this anymore. 

“I know you’re on your phone babe,” he said.

“Fine, fine. You caught me,” you muttered, putting the book down. “You gotta see this video though.”

You stood up from your spot on the floor to join Peter on the bed.

Peter turned away, trying to do his homework. ”Y/N no, I don’t wanna get distracted,” he whined.

“If i was trying to distract you, I could think of something better to do -if you know what I mean,” you said, wrapping your arm around his shoulder. You suggestively raised your eyebrows at Peter and he blushed.

“Um, Y/N,” he swallowed. “I don’t think we should-”

“Relax, Peter. I’m not trying to get in your pants, I just wanna show you this video,” you giggled.

He laughed nervously, “Ye-yeah, I-I knew that. I didn’t think that you were, uh, serious you know.”

You raised your brow at Peter, “So you’re saying you’re not interested?”

Clearing his throat, he mumbled, “Just play the video.”

Smiling, you played the video; it was a short compilation of “the floor is lava” challenge videos. You looked at Peter’s reaction the whole time and saw that he thought it was funny too.

“I can’t imagine actually doing that in public,” he laughed.

“Me either,” you agreed. “We should do it.”

“What?” he laughed. “No, no way.”

“Live life on the edge Parker,” you teased, lightly slapping his cheek.

He scrunched his face and held your hand in place. “My life is as on the edge as I want it to be.”

“Mm, I think it can go further,” you pushed, running your hand through his hair instead.

“Is being a crime-fighting super hero not enough?” he said, turning to look at you.

You leaned in to kiss his lips. “It’s alright, but this would make it better.”

He frowned, “I’ll think about it. Can we go back to doing our homework now?”

“How about we re-visit my previous offer,” you teased, playing with the ends of his hair. “Or do you really want to do homework?”

“Um,” he blushed. “I-”

You giggled, “It’s too fun to tease you baby.” You got up and went back to your spot on the floor. “And as much as I’d love to not do my homework, I have to get this done eventually. Don’t distract me Peter.”

Peter shook his head, biting his lip to prevent a smile, as he got back to his work.


“Peter, haven’t we studied enough?” you whined. 

“Y/N, we’ve barely gone through one section,” he said.

“One section too many if you ask me,” you said.

“Fine,” he said, closing his book. “Let’s take a break. Are you hungry?” He got up from the floor and offered you his hand.

“I’m not Hungry, I’m your girlfriend,” you smiled, standing up.

“I’m going to pretend you didn’t say that,” he chuckled, leading you to the kitchen.

“You want to pretend I’m not your girlfriend or that I made a Dad joke?” 

“At this point, maybe both,” he teased.

You scoffed in disbelief, “The audacity.”

You leaned against the counter and watched Peter rummage through the cabinets before checking the fridge. That’s when an idea popped up.

Oh this is gunna be good

Pulling out your phone, you got ready to snapchat a video. “Hey Pete,” you called. 

He was still looking around the fridge, but he managed to reply, “Yeah?”

“The floor is lava!” you exclaimed.

He looked up and shut the fridge. “What? Not now Y/N,” he said, embarrassed that you were still filming him. 

“C’mon Peter,” you cooed. “I wont post it, I’ll just save it.”

Peter sighed, but then looked around for some where to jump. He saw the kitchen island and sat on it.

“That was so anti-climatic,” you said chuckling, stopping the video.

“I’d like to see you do it!” he defended himself.

“Well, I can’t do it now! It has to be a surprise, that’s the whole point babe,” you tsked.

“It’s on,” he mumbled.

You smirked and patted his arm as you went to the fridge, “Sure it is Peter, sure it is.” 


The day after tomorrow, you completely forgot about the whole “floor is lava” thing. But Peter? No, Peter did not forget. In your defense, Peter had told you he wanted to take you out for a date in the park, so you were looking forward to that all morning instead.

Once you got to the park, Peter looked like he was bouncing with excitement. He practically pulled you along the path the whole time. You figured he was looking forward to the ice cream that you two always got from the vendor that walks around the park. And, wow, were you wrong.

“I think I’m gunna try a new flavor today, just to switch it up,” you said, looking up at Peter.

Peter looked down at you and smirked, “Trying to live your life on the edge or what?” 

“Yeah,” you said skeptically.

Why is he looking at me like that

Once you got to the ice cream cart, you went ahead to order because Peter claimed he needed more time to think. Finishing paying, you turned around, taking a lick of your ice cream and saw Peter fiddling with his phone. He held it up and, at first, you thought he was taking a picture -so you smiled. Then it hit you. And your smile turned to an expression of horror. 

“Peter, no-”

He looked you in the eyes and said, “The floor is lava.”

“I have ice cream!” you cried, looking around for a bench or something. 

I am not gunna lose to him, you thought.

You swallowed the last bit of dignity you had left when you saw a trash can and ran straight for it. In the process of sprinting you ditched the poor, sweet ice cream and used both hands to jump onto the bin. Peter, of course, filmed the whole thing and was left dying with laughter. The trash’s top wasn’t big enough for you to completely fall in, but your ass was still partially in there. Peter got closer to you and kept filming, but cut it off when he couldn’t stop laughing. It was that laugh he does where he closes his eyes, scrunches up his face, and bends over a bit. You’d normally appreciate how adorable he looked, and damn did he look adorable right now, but you were annoyed with him. You looked at people passing by and they either looked amused or bored -I mean, it’s New York, they’ve probably seen weirder stuff.

“Can you at least help me out,” you huffed, extending your hand.

Peter grabbed it to help you out. Stifling his laughter, he said, “Aw, baby, I’m so sorry but that was the best thing I’ve ever seen.”

Best thing I’ve ever seen,” you mocked, muttering to yourself as you dusted yourself off.

“I’ll buy you a new cone,” he said, biting his lip to keep from smiling.

“Fine,” you agreed. “Send me the video.”


You were definitely planning to get Peter back, the thing is, you had to make sure he wouldn’t see it coming. Now, you thought about waiting two days or so, but by Monday, Peter proceeded to show both Ned and MJ the video. It was pretty hard to have Peter forget about it when all three of them brought it up the whole week. But being the stubborn person you are, you waited until it faded out to get your revenge. Which was around the following week. 

You wanted to go shopping at the mall and begged Peter to come along since he hates shopping. Though, he changed his mind pretty quickly when you told him you would try on clothes and ask him for his opinion. The type of clothes you mentioned may or may not have persuaded him further.

Walking around the mall with Peter, you two had a great time. You almost felt bad for what you were about to do.

Almost. 

All it took was remembering that damn ice cream you had to kill in cold blood. And the smug look on Peter’s face. His stupid, but still cute, face. 

You and Peter were deciding what store to go into next, conveniently stopping by at the huge fountain in the middle of the mall.

Sorry in advance Peter, you mentally said.

You stood in front of Peter, just talking about what else you should get. You pretended to get a text and set your bags down to pull out your phone. “Hold on Pete, I needa text back my mom.”

He smiled politely and pulled out his phone to wait for you. Without him noticing, you got ready to record. 

“Hey Peter,” you said teasingly.

He looked up with a small smile, confused as to why you were filming him. “What?”

“That floor your standing on?” you said as he looked down, then back up. “It’s lava.”

He looked at you with pleading eyes. “Babe, let’s not do this-”

“What’s that? Peter Parker is admitting defeat? Say it clearly so I can capture this moment forever,” you said, holding the phone closer to his face.

He glared at you and quickly surveyed the premise. The only thing he could use was the water fountain. He handed you his phone and said, “Hold this.” He ran to the fountain stood on the ledge, balancing carefully. Turning to you, he extended his arms out in triumph. 

Damn it, I was hoping he’d fall in, you thought.

“Was that it Y/N?” he called out, smirking at you.

An idea popped into your head. You smirked back and held out Peter’s phone. His expression faltered.

“Babe, don’t you dare-”

I’m sure his Spidey senses or whatever can come in handy, right?

“Catch!” you said, tossing his phone.  

You threw it a little more to the left, so Peter had to reach further for it. In doing so, he lost his footing, but managed to smack the phone away before he fell in. Your mouth dropped in surprise as he made a huge splash.

“Oh my god,” you breathed, laughing slightly. You ran to pick up his phone, then went to the fountain. You went up to Peter, still recording because why not, and asked if he was okay as he scrambled to get up. Giggling at his form, you leaned out to give him a hand.

Spitting out water, reaching for you, he said, “I’m, I’m fine -I just got hot. I totally meant to do that.”

You stopped filming at this point and helped him climb out of the fountain, laughing slightly.

Once he got out of the fountain you whispered to Peter, “We should probably leave before we get kicked out.” 

“Yeah, yeah we should,” he said quickly. “Go go go,” he rushed, getting your bags and speed-walking away -you following after him. 

You and Peter decided to call it a truce since you both got some embarrassing footage of each other. Getting out of the mall, you told him, “Let’s just never do that again.”

“Yup. I’m never coming back to this mall,” he muttered, moving his wet curls out of his face.

“We can’t ever come back,” you agreed.

Peter nod his head in agreement and held your hand as you both pretended that his shoes didn’t make that squishy sound with each step.


taglist: @whormotional @harrysbbby @beforethebraces @totallyrandomfandomfangirl @i-survived-my-trip-to-nyc @thegirlwiththeimpala

how a libra sees the signs

***DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND YOU DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITH THEM***

aries: all aries i have ever met have been very passionate, whether it be about their lovers, their opinions or their hobbies, an aries will fight for what they love until death. aries are entertainers, performers  and storytellers. aries love to be the center of attention, more so than leos in my opinion, and are always the loudest people in the room. aries have really big egos and love to compete, but if you beat an aries they’ll be a sore loser about it. you either love an aries or hate an aries. 

taurus: a taurus is a huge flirt in my opinion, but it is very hard for them to settle down. they love to tease and lead on, and often express little emotion. they can come off as kind of cold or disconnected because they’re so laid-back & low-key, but once you get to know them a taurus is a very loyal companion. they are extremely opinionated and stuck in their ways because of how stubborn ( & bull-like ) they are. every taurus i know loves to smoke weed & sleep. a common misconception about a taurus is that they’re lazy and fat, but every taurus i know is beautiful and active. they are also airheads. 

gemini: i personally don’t think gemini is the worst sign at all. gemini’s are often under appreciated in my opinion. i’ve never had an issue with a gemini although they do tend to have “split personalities”. a gemini is very social and charming, but with that comes their gossipy qualities which many people don’t like, but geminis don’t mean any harm by their gossip they just truly love to talk and talk about literally anything. all geminis that i know are also very smart and hardworking, but know how to have a good time. geminis are a lot of fun to be around. 

cancer: cancer’s are big babies. a cancer is a constant victim and they have a complete “why me” mindset. anything that happens to a cancer is the world out to get them. i think that all cancer’s need a reality check. even though they can be whiny brats, cancers are so nice and genuinely care about everyone which is why they get taken advantage of a lot. cancer’s get attached to people very fast. they fall fast and hard.  a cancer will come off as quiet and charming at first, but they will become annoying eventually. personally, i can only take cancers in small doses.  

leo: even though leo are a lot to handle, i always will have a lot of love for leos. leos are often melodramatic and have a mindset that they “too good”, but once you get over how superficial they can be leos are great. a leo can have fun anywhere and is the life of the party. all leos that i know have great senses of humor and are very trustworthy. leos will act like they care about anything but deep down they’re insecure and try very hard to please everyone. often times, they can because of their charisma and radiating energy, but if they can’t they’re extremely hard on themselves. since i’m a libra, i get along well with leo & appreciate them a lot. 

virgo: i think everyone needs at least one virgo in their life. virgo’s give the best advice & are good listeners which makes them such good friends. when a virgo cares about someone they really care about them and will do anything for them.  virgos are all so emotional and sensitive even though they hate to admit it. virgos are obsessed with perfection and often pretend that everything’s okay even though its not just because they don’t want to come off as weak. they also overthink so much that they make themselves crazy. virgos will bottle their emotions and eventually just explode.  

libra: i love being a libra and i love every libra that’s in my life. you can usually spot a libra out of a crowd because they have the best sense of style and love the expensive pleasures of life. they can come off as airheads, but they are actually very smart they’re just so lazy. a libra will be taken advantage of very easily because they try to see the good in everyone and every situation. it takes a lot to get a libra mad, but when they do get mad there is no going back. libras love to talk and socialize, but they do get in trouble a lot because they love to gossip as well. libras have commitment issues too. 

scoprio: i love scorpios. scorpios live up to their reputation of being sex freaks. every scorpio i’ve ever met are very in tune with their sexual needs and not afraid to express their sexual desires. but, scorpios aren’t as dark and twisted as you think. most of the time they’re just sarcastic assholes on the exterior, but once a scorpio opens up they’re actually sensitive and sweet, but it is hard to meet this side of the scorpio because they’re so guarded. one tip to being around scorpios is to not piss them off because they have a hot temper and often do impulsive things without thinking about repercussions. 

sagittarius: sagittarius love to explore and try new things. the sagittarius is extremely adventurous and independent as well. they are often afraid to ask others for help and try to do everything themselves. sagittarius loves sports and  being active. sagittarius is very intimidated by intimate relationships and will often try to avoid them at all costs. a sagittarius has a very big heart and will go out of their way for anyone not just the people they love. they are very straight-forward and will speak the brutal truth which often gets them in trouble, but they don’t mean it to be malicious they do it because they would rather not lie. 

capricorn: capricorns are complete know-it-alls and tryhards. they have to be the best at everything and will die trying to be the best all the time. capricorns constantly have a stick up their asses about everything and are complete fun-suckers. capricorns are extremely work oriented and live by “all work no play” to its fullest extent. due to this capricorns are extremely smart and successful which is good because it makes up for their lack of a personality. all capricorns are extremely pessimistic and complain about everything making them extremely hard to be around. 

aquarius: anyone who is an aquarius is so artsy. aquarius are really cool, but in a detached and weird way. aquarians are so imaginative and creative which is why all of the aquarius i know are into theater and the arts because they have a knack for it. when you first meet an aquarius they’re usually painfully awkward because they’re really introverted. aquarians are super unreliable and unpredictable which is why you shouldn’t depend on them for something important. they have a hard time opening up to people because of how detached they are which is why it’s hard to have an emotional/romantic relationship with them. 

pisces: by far the worst sign in my opinion. every pisces i know is completely crazy – they are manipulative, compulsive liars, and emotionally unstable. pisces also think that the world is out to get them and they can never own up to things that they did. they will do anything to avoid taking blame in anything actually. pisces take everything too seriously and will cry at the drop of a dime. they cannot take any criticism at all because they think that they are always right and refuse to see things from any other perspective. if something isn’t exactly how a pisces wants it they want nothing to do with it. 

The Assistant Job

Requested By: Anonymous

Can I request? Tom and the reader are dating and the reader is Harry’s assistant just like Harrison is to tom,and tom is worried that the reader will start to like Harry because they’re the same age and are best friends. Thankss!!! ❤️

Pairing: Tom Holland x Reader

Description: You and Tom had been together for a few months, you had gotten close with his friends and family, especially Harrison and Harry. A few weeks later you become Harry’s assistant, making Tom a bit anxious that you could potentially fall for his brother instead, but you prove him otherwise.

Warnings: None really, it’s just cute

Word Count: 2,712

A/N: Ahhhh this was so fun to write and it’s so cute and ugh I love it so much???? Anyways thanks for requesting this! I haven’t seen many Tom imagines like this so it was really fun to create. I really hope you enjoy it. :))

Side Note: Also, sorry for not uploading for a few days, I hadn’t been feeling all too well, but you all were so understanding and supportive and I just love you all a ton! So thank you for that, and I am feeling better so get ready for some bomb ass imagines! ;)

Originally posted by hllands

You and Tom had been together for about five months, you had met at the coffee shop around the corner one day, you both ended up ordering the same drink, blushing embarrassedly at one another. 

Since that day, you two started going on dates, coffee dates, mainly because you both knew each others orders and it was something simply and not very hectic.

From there on you learned he was an actor, that he was the Marvel character Spider-Man, which made you fan girl on the inside, Spider-Man was your favorite.

You soon told him that too, making him give you a wink, causing you to blush madly, doing your best to sip your coffee and play it off, but there was no hiding the amount of red that was on your cheeks, and Tom loved it.

After more dates at the coffee shop, Tom eventually asked you out on a real date, to a real restaurant, causing your heart to beat a lot quicker.

You weren’t sure it was the best idea, you didn’t want him to be stressed out if paparazzi followed him, but he insisted that it was what he wanted, so you went along with it.

Tom had gotten reservations at a small little Italian restaurant a few blocks down the street, it was the cutest place you’d ever seen. It had little dangly lights above and around the building, Italian music faintly playing in the background, it was already so perfect.

Tom gently took your hand in his, directing you to the table he had reserved, making your eyes widen slightly. It was gorgeous, it was a little table away from people, giving you two privacy.

That night changed everything between the two of you, mainly because that’s when Tom asked you to become his girlfriend, nearly causing you to choke on a tortellini.

You could see the love in his eyes as he looked into yours, making you feel warm and tingly on the inside, something you hadn’t felt in a long time.

Needless to say, it was the best first real date you had ever had, even better that it was with a guy you truly felt something for.

Months went by and Tom finally introduced you to his family, you were already in love with his siblings, especially Paddy, you wished you had a little brother like him.

You also became super close with Harry, you two were the same age so you both bonded extremely well.

One day Harry had invited you to join them on set of Tom’s movie, also where you met Harrison, Tom’s best friend and assistant. You automatically loved Harrison too, he was just as dorky as Tom.

Since that day on set you started thinking a lot, you really did need a job, you weren’t famous like Tom, you were an ordinary girl who had bills to pay and food to buy.

That’s when it clicked, you could be an assistant like Harrison, but who you would be an assistant for was the key.

You thought about this idea for a few weeks, talking to Harrison about what it was like working with Tom and what he did for him. You were really serious about becoming an assistant, and Harrison could tell you weren’t going to give up.

You then talked to Tom about it, he wasn’t thrilled of the idea, but he knew you were just trying to do your part in the world, he knew that you weren’t like him where making money wasn’t a huge issue, which is exactly what you had told him before.

You both talked about it for days, until Tom finally gave in seeing you weren’t going to let it go, and all he wanted for you was to be happy, and if being an assistant to someone would make you happy, he would be happy too.

After discussing it with Tom you went to the last person to get their opinion on it, and that was Harry.

You told Harry your plan, how you wanted to become and assistant because you needed money to pay for everything, and the entire time you were talking you never noticed the faint smile on Harry’s lips.

“Y/N.” Harry interrupted you, making your eyes snap up to look at him.

“Hmm?” You hummed, playing with a string on the edge of your sleeve nervously, this was a huge deal to you.

“Why don’t you become my assistant? I know I’m not huge like Tom, but I do short films and I could always use an extra hand to keep me organized.” Harry explained, the smile growing on his lips as he saw your ecstatic expression on your face.

“Harry, if you’re playing me right now I swear to god-” You started off, but Harry shook his head, the smile never leaving his face.

“Y/N, I promise you I’m not playing you, I genuinely mean this.” Harry smiled, making your eyes light up and your heart beat so loud you were sure he could hear it.

“Then yes! Yes! I’d love to be your assistant, oh my god, thank you Harry, you’re amazing.” You squealed excitedly, hugging your best friend as he laughed at your reaction.

“Of course Y/N, believe me, you’re doing me a huge favor." Harry laughed, making you laugh along with him.

A few days later you started working as Harry’s assistant, you had told Harrison and Tom about your new job, they were both extremely happy for you, they knew how bad you wanted this position.

However, once you left to go check on Harry, Tom pulled Harrison to the side, a nervous look in his eyes.

"Dude, what if she falls for my brother? They’re already best friends, and they’re the same age.” Tom whispered, biting his nail anxiously as Harrison looked at him in disbelief.

“Tom, have you seen the way Y/N looks at you? Or when she’s even around you? You mean the world to her. The fact she came and asked you about becoming an assistant in the first place had to of been a bit step for her since she wanted your opinion.” Harrison explained, making Tom’s heart melt slightly, he never really noticed all the small details until Harrison started pointing them out.

“Believe me buddy, you have nothing to worry about. Now this was a nice talk, but you need to go change and get ready for your next scene.” Harrison laughed, patting him on the back before directing him to his changing room.

You on the other hand were helping Harry set up a new short film he was making, he needed some supplies, which is where your new job came in.

“Hey Y/N, do you think you can run to the store and grab some extra props? And maybe a few snacks?” Harry smiled, as you responded with a thumbs up before leaving the building.

You loved this job, sure it might be a tad stressful, but it was worth it, you were getting paid fairly decent, which was the main objective out of all of this. You needed the money to pay for your apartment bills, and for food, so no matter what you had to do, you did it.

You rushed to the store, grabbing a few extra props that he had written down for you, then you decided to treat his crew with a few tasty snacks.

You smiled slightly, walking into the all too familiar coffee shop, the one place that could make your heart swell up with pure happiness and love, and it was all thanks to Tom.

You walked up to the counter, ordering ten coffees, and a few little goodies along the side, before leaving the shop.

It took about ten minutes to arrive back at the set, you gave Harry’s crew the extra props, which they thanked you for tremendously, and then you surprised them with the coffee and little goodies.

You watched as their faces lit up, surprised you had brought them something, they eagerly took the drinks and snacks, but not without giving you a hug and mumbling a thank you.

You then walked over to Harry who was busy directing someone, you waited until they were done shooting the scene, before he turned around his face turning into a bright smile at the sight of you.

“Hey Y/N! Thanks for grabbing the extra props, you were a life saver.” Harry praised you, making your cheeks warm up a tad.

“Of course, it’s what I’m here for, also here’s some coffee’s and some snacks, I already gave the others to the rest of the crew.” You smiled, handing them over to Harry who looked at you in amazement.

“If I knew you were going to be this great, I would have asked you waaay earlier to be my assistant.” Harry winked, making you laugh and shake your head at his answer.

“Hey can I ask a favor?” You spoke up before he returned to his set, he gave a nod signaling you to continue.

“I got some coffee and snacks for Tom and Harrison, do you mind if I go and deliver them?’ You gave a small smile, as Harry nodded and gave you a thumbs up, putting a small tiny sandwich into his mouth.

You quickly rushed out, driving down to Tom’s set, it took about fifteen minutes since they filmed so far away.

You eventually made it, grabbing the drinks and snacks, and thanking security for letting you enter the set, then went on your search for Tom and Harrison.

You soon found them, Tom was filming a scene with Jacob, you recognized it as the part where Ned had found out Peter’s secret, which made you laugh quietly.

You walked over to Harrison, who’s eyes widened in surprise, he wasn’t expecting you to be here at all.

"Hey Y/N, it’s good to see you, we weren’t expecting you here today.” Harrison smiled, making you shrug and smile back.

“I actually brought you and Tom coffee and snacks, I had gone out to get extra props and snacks for Harry and his crew, and decided to get you guys a lil something too.” You smiled happily, handing over the drinks and snacks.

“Wow Y/N, you didn’t have to do this. You really are kind hearted, no wonder Tom is so into you.” Harrison chuckled, making your cheeks heat up slightly.

“Speaking of Tom.. Here he comes.” Harrison grinned, nudging your elbow, as you laughed and swatted his arm.

“Y/N! What are you doing here?” Tom smiled happily, pulling you into a tight embrace, making your body tingle.

“Well, as I was telling Harrison, I brought you boys a lil somethin’.” You winked, making Tom grin at you slightly.

“Tell me you didn’t.” Tom started, but his smile only got wider as he saw the coffee sitting on the table, beside some snacks.

“You’re amazing you know that right?” Tom smiled at you, making you shrug and play with your hair slightly.

“I do what I can.” You laughed, making Tom’s heart beat quicker, the sound of your laugh was like music to his ears.

“Apparently from what Harry has told me, Y/N’s doing an excellent job being his assistant.” Harrison grinned, making you roll your eyes playfully.

“I really like this position, what can I say.” You smiled, walking over to Tom who took a bite of a sandwich you had gotten.

Harrison grinned at you, making you blush slightly, looking at Tom who was already looking at you.

“How did I get so lucky to have someone like you in my life?” Tom spoke aloud, causing your heart to beat quicker.

Harrison sneaked away, leaving you two alone, there was no way he was going to interrupt one of your guys ‘moments.’

“Maybe because you’re an extremely wonderful person?” You smiled, making him laugh, which made you love him even more.

“The only person that is wonderful is you, Y/N.” Tom smiled, wrapping his arms around your waist, pulling you closer.

“I disagree.” You smiled, making him shake his head and laugh quietly.

You felt his hands rub the center of your back gently, causing goosebumps, but you loved his touch, you just loved everything about him.

He gently brought you closer, before softly placing his lips on yours, the kiss was gentle and sweet, something you’d always cherish.

You both pulled away, smiles on both of your faces, as you gently cupped his cheek.

“I wish you could be my assistant all the time.” Tom mumbled, making you laugh, which made him laugh along with you.

“If I was your assistant, I would never be as professional as I am now.” You winked, before pecking his lips one last time and running off, but not without giving him a cheesy smile from over your shoulder, seeing his shocked expression.

“-Wait! Y/N! What does that mean?” Tom shouted, his eyes widened slightly, as he heard your laughter leave the building.

Harrison looked at Tom who was standing there, still stunned at your comment, trying to process what you had said.

Tom didn’t even notice Harrison had walked over to him until he felt a pat on his back.

“Dude, you’re so whipped.” Harrison laughed, making Tom’s cheeks heat up and a smile form on his lips.

“Dude, I know.” Tom mumbled, taking a sip of the coffee you had gotten him, he couldn’t imagine a better person in his life other than you.

The Leia To His Han

Request: “I’m here for Peter Parker! I saw it yesterday and I’m in love! I have a request and we all know Peter is a big geek of Star Wars, so could you write something where the reader is a big Tolkien fan, a.k.a she’s a Tolkienite.

Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader

Word Count: 1.5k

A/n: I’m sorry but I literally know -1000% about Tolkien so I just made it that the reader is a big fan of star wars :D

“Hey, cool shirt!” A soft voice spoke, capturing your attention.

You lifted your gaze from your work to spy an excited Peter Parker, waving from the table beside you. If it had been anyone else, you would’ve thrown them an annoyed look, or even gone to the extent of shushing them. But Peter had constant puppy-dog eyes, he was the definition of adorable. And even though you barely knew him, you’d gladly get into trouble if it meant talking with him for a little while.

“You like Star Wars too?” You whispered back, your cheeks heating under his attentive eyes.

“Yeah,” he replied, constantly checking up front to make sure the teacher didn’t see him leaning over in his seat. “Ned and I are obsessed. Even do the whole lego thing.” He then realised that last piece of information was nothing to boast about, his confident demeanour faltering. “I mean- Ned does it. I just help sometimes.”

Keep reading

anonymous asked:

I'm really excited to see if you think of the 'bedroom scene' (this sounds so weird) as a good or as a bad thing since people seem to have very different opinions about this moment

(‘bedroom scene’ sounds excellent and I’ll defend that name until death lmao)

OK YOU ASKED FOR IT,,, IT’S LONG BUT I HAVE NO REGRETS :P The way I see it, the scene wasn’t as extreme as most people make it out to be. It wasn’t overwhelmingly positive but it wasn’t drastically negative either. It was… a scene. A shared moment between them that gave us insight about how Lance thinks of Keith and what Keith still needs to work on as a leader.

It beings when Lance comes into the room. He knocks and waits for Keith to acknowledge him but there is not a single doubt in his mind that Keith will allow him into his room. He marches in without hesitation and Keith moves aside, no questions asked. Lance had known that Keith would listen to him. 

That’s a huuuuge improvement from s1. S1 Lance would never have considered going to Keith about his problems and s1 Keith would have probably just stared at Lance in confusion, blocking the doorway. Not here though. Keith is happy that Lance visited him. As soon as Lance admits that he wants to talk about something that troubles him, Keith starts smiling. 

It’s honestly adorable how happy he is. “Wow, it really must be bothering you if you’re coming to talk to me.” He’s just- he’s so happy, he even made a joke, he was delighted that Lance thought of depending on him when he needed help. We already know how much value Keith places on “bonding” but this was a crucial moment for him; Lance has shown that he supports Keith in the first few episodes of s3 but supporting someone and trusting them with your own troubles are two different things. Lance trusts Keith, he really really does and Keith is finally starting to realize it.

Then Lance says it’s because he is the “team leader” now. Keith’s expression falls.

But here’s the thing. Shiro was already back at that point. And I mean back as in ‘already in his new outfit and out of his room’-back. It makes sense that Lance wouldn’t want to burden him with heavy decisions but this is not a heavy decision (even if Lance might think otherwise hah). If he still thought of Keith the way he had thought of him in s1 he would have gone to Shiro with this.

So why did he choose Keith? Multiple reasons, probably - because he didn’t want to bother Shiro, because Keith has actually seen his skills on the battlefield and is the only ‘battle-leader’ qualified to make a decision, because he knows Keith would listen, because he knows that Keith would never lie to him, because he trusts Keith. Lance is insecure and he doesn’t like to show it, even when he told Coran about his homesickness it was Coran that approached him. Not here though. Lance approaches Keith out of his own free will. Between Keith and Shiro it’s probably easier for Lance to show this side of himself to Keith, someone he sees as distinctly human/reachable (they are “neck to neck”) as opposed to someone levels above him (his “hero”). 

Then the whole spiel starts. Keith… at first Keith genuinely doesn’t understand what’s going on. Lance is like “I’ve been doing some math” and Keith is like “lol ok yeah your math is correct”. Then it slowly dawns on him as Lance keeps explaining his reasoning. He follows along until “maybe the best I can do for the team is to step aside”. 

By then the importance of the moment has fully sunken in. He understands that Lance is serious about this but he doesn’t understand how he reached that conclusion. He’s like “what are you talking about?!” and when Lance tells him that Keith would want his best soldiers on the front line - excluding himself with that statement - Keith can’t even begin to explain how wrong that is. The thing about these two is that they raaarely have heart-to-hearts and in those they have had it was usually Lance comforting Keith or Keith just… going along with whatever Lance initiates.

But that doesn’t work this time. Lance expects him to take the lead and so Keith does what he always does when he is confronted with emotions like insecurity: tell Lance (or himself) to suck it up and deal with it. He didn’t mean any ill by it, it’s just how Keith usually deals with feelings. He shoves troubles and doubts aside and focuses on what he can do. He lives in the moment, Lance lives in the future. “Stop worrying about who flies what and just focus on your mission. Things will work themselves out” was genuine advice from Keith^^’

[it might also be a failed attempt at offering comfort - Keith doesn’t really believe in things working themselves out, so when he says that he’s basically telling Lance that the team is going to work it out. Which is exactly what happens later, Keith was ready to give up his lion and stay at the castle ship. There is no way Lance could have known that on his own though… and I’m not sure if Keith was even consciously aware of what he was implying with these words :’D]

[flat out rejection to discuss things his friends worry about is not new behavior for him either - he did the same thing back in s2e1 when he Shiro asked him to lead Voltron in case he’s not there anymore. He dismissed Shiro’s concerns with “stop talking about that, nothing is gonna happen to you”. Keith is just plain bad with words, it’s definitely something he needs to work on,,,]

Anyway, Lance’s reaction to Keith’s words is an immediate draw back. “Yeah. Okay. Thanks.” Which is completely understandable, anyone in his situation would have felt as if their worries just got dismissed. And Keith realizes he has fucked up, he calls out to him with a sad expression:

Before making that one “leave the math to Pidge joke”:

It was an attempt to cheer Lance up and Lance recognized the joke for what it was, so he smiled. He smiled because it was a joke and to let Keith know that his efforts are appreciated, but the joke didn’t make the lack of help from before any better or worse. Lance has gotten nothing out of it besides being able to guess that Keith probably cares about him - but he already knew that, otherwise he wouldn’t have approached him in the first place. Keith got out of this that Lance needs support, even if he has not the slightest clue on how to provide it (and he isn’t the type that would go to other people with this issue; not if Lance has approached him privately). 

This scene wasn’t a “big klance moment”, it was just one step of many in their relationship. They are developing slowly, from ‘rivals’ to tentative friends. I don’t think that Keith helped Lance much, there is definitely a loooot of langst still coming up thanks to his failure of supporting him here, but I don’t think that he destroyed the fragile foundations of their friendship with this either. Lance might hesitate or choose not to approach him again if he has more self-confidence issues but I doubt that he blames Keith for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The same way he had his reasons to not approach Hunk, Pidge, Allura or Shiro this time he might have his reasons not to go to Keith next time. That doesn’t mean he values their developing relationship any less :D

Why I like Beauty and the Beast 2017 better than the 1991 animated version (Spoilers)


1. Belle has even more backbone in this version. When Belle had Beast come into the light so she could see his face, she forced him to do so in the new movie. In the original Disney, she was more passive. I also loved that she flat out told Gaston “no” when he proposed. In the original, she told him “I just don’t deserve you.” Gag. In addition, she was orchestrating her own escape from the palace up until the Beast was injured, not just lying about accepting her fate. 

2. The Beast could read, which I think is more believable than him being illiterate. Really, it would have been more realistic in the original if Belle were the illiterate one (being just a village girl) and the prince, with his expensive education and need to write up documents when he became king, would have been taught to read. In addition, having already read probably all of the books Belle has, he can give honest opinions about them and they can have actual discussions. 

3. Belle is from Paris!! I loved getting to know more about how she came to live in the village. Knowing what happened to her mother was a nice addition, though I admit it wasn’t a burning question I needed answered. Honestly, I thought she was going to want to see Italy in that scene because it is where Romeo and Juliet takes place. 

4. It’s more French! The style of dress and extravagance (what some might even call gaudy/tacky) of the ball scene at the beginning of the movie is a good reminder that the movie is set in a time when the balance between royalty and peasantry was way off. The town beggar woman only accentuates this as she serves as a stark contract to the prince at the beginning of the movie. 

5. They showed more of the Beast’s asshole, spoiled prince side. I thought that helped portray the deeply rooted character flaw that inspired the curse to begin with better than the original did. A couple of other ways he acts like even more of a spoiled prince and one day future king in this is when he gives ultimatums, or when it’s obvious he doesn’t think there is anything special about all of his possessions (the library & his grounds, for instance) until he begins to see them through Belle’s eyes. 

6. I liked what they did with Maurice. In the original he was a sweet, kooky inventor who (you have to admit) bordered on the ridiculous. If you think about it, his constantly failing inventions probably only made trouble for Belle. In this version, he is more of a tinkerer and seems more mature and capable of taking care of himself instead of having to be taken care of by his daughter every time one of his experiments went awry. 

7. I thought this version better explained the curse. I liked that the entire village was actually cursed with memory loss and that the transformed servants had family members there who had forgotten they even existed. I also liked that the servants were gradually losing their humanity (it would have been cool though if the Beast followed suite) and that the palace fell apart a little more every time a petal fell. 

8. We were able to see more of the servants as people than just as servants. With the exception of Mrs. Potts & Chip, the original did little to show how heartbreaking the curse must have been more the servants. The Maestro and Madame Garderobe, Lumiere and Plumette, Mrs. Potts and Mr. Potts - all of these people had relationships that were affected by the curse. The new version gave what were bare bones before flesh. 

Schizophrenia Jokes

I’m here to talk about schizophrenia jokes. They aren’t funny, you aren’t clever, and we aren’t a walking one liner for you to tell. For starters, most schizo jokes are made at the expense of people with dissociative identity disorder (multiple personalities) which is an entirely different thing than schizophrenia or its spectrum, (with its own stigma that I cannot speak to). This is annoying for a myriad of reasons but mostly it goes to show just how little is known about schizophrenia by the lay person and how frustrating it can be to have a disorder no one understands but everyone has an opinion about.

Schizophrenia is a spectrum, similar to the autism spectrum. Many people may have schizophrenia or an associated disorder and be perfectly able to live a normal life independent of assistance of any kind, others require round the clock care, and there are a million versions of ‘inbetween’. Everyone on this spectrum deserves the same amount of respect and kindness as people without schizophrenic disorders. There is literally no reason to assume someone that hears voices can’t hear you laughing at them. Or that someone who sees things that may not be there or believe in things they shouldn’t doesn’t know you’re a huge piece of shit.

Stop talking shit about the homeless people you see that are shouting at no one. Stop making fun of people who live in tin foil lined apartments. Stop assuming you know literally anything about another persons mental health simply because you have witnessed one symptom. Stop thinking that “hearing voices” is somehow a joke in and of itself.

I’m relatively well off, considering I’m on this spectrum, and many of my friends and family had no idea until I told them that I have this disorder. What does that mean? It means most of the time I’m telling these people after they’ve unknowingly made an insensitive remark or an offensive joke at my expense. I’m in a place where telling people about my illness doesn’t put me at risk. I’m lucky in that respect. Most people have negative opinions about schizophrenia – assuming they know what it is when they likely have no idea at all, and assuming those of us on the spectrum are incapable and utterly “crazy”. This stigma means that most people on the spectrum aren’t going to call you out on your shitty jokes for their own safty, so just stop.

If you can’t find a better word to use than schizo, crazy, insane, loopy, psycho etc then you need to beef up your vocab. We aren’t a joke. We don’t deserve to be the butt of your shitty jokes. I’m here for my schizophrenics and I’m determined to see positivity for us on this god forsaken website.

Okay guys

I just have to get my feelings out there in my own post because up until now I’ve only been reblogging other people’s posts and I really just have to make my own and get my thoughts out.

I respect everyone’s opinions. I respect everyone’s right to ship whoever they want, whoever they are. Ship 15 people in a single polyamorous couple of you want. I’m happy you connect with it. BUT STOP WITH THE DOMKAT BULLSHIT. PLEASE.

I’m not saying don’t ship them. I’m not saying don’t fantasize about them. I’m not even saying stop posting about them if you want, or writing Fanfiction or making gifsets and fan art. I can’t stop you from doing that and I’m not trying to.

But, when you take it so far as to tag them in posts about it- Especially when you talk shit about Ray (Kat’s fiancé for those who don’t know though I’m pretty sure most of you do) and make jokes about how they are actually secretly a couple- Not only does this poorly represent the fandom, but it humiliates and embarrasses them.

Seriously, you claim to love these actresses so much, but then you hate on someone for making Kat happy because it’s not Dom, and you act like they were ever actually a couple and Ray threatens that. This is starting to look like what happened with Camren.

If you don’t remember the Camren fiasco, let me refresh your memory. Camila and Lauren had to beg their fans to stop tagging them in Camren related posts, because it got so bad that people were literally pressuring them to come out as a couple when they weren’t one. How can you claim to love Kat and Dom so much when you’re putting them in this situation? They are actresses.

The same thing happens with other celebrities as well, like Chris Colfer and Darren Chris, Natasha Negovanlis and Elise Bauman, and Tatiana Maslany and Evelyne Brochu.

People don’t like this. When you’re so desperate for a couple that you literally start making the people who you ship together uncomfortable about it and trying to accuse them of hiding it, that is harmful and it doesn’t say you love them, it says you don’t care about their general happiness at all as long as your ship is real in your eyes.

Yes, you can think they’re cute and feel there’s something more if you want, BUT KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. At the very least, please stop tagging them in posts about them, especially ones that hate on Ray and tag Kat. This guy who people are hating on IS A FREAKING WAYHAUGHT SHIPPER.

He supports her and makes her happy. If someone believes that their fantasy ship between a nonexistant couple is more important than Kat and Dom’s general happiness and wellbeing, I’m sorry but I do not consider you an Earper. You are not a part of my fandom. You’re something else entirely, and I don’t want to be associated with you in any way. Continue shipping if you want, but PLEASE stop tagging them and trying to get them to admit they’re secretly a couple. This is hurting them and if you care about them at all you’ll leave them alone.

Lost Traveler || Mingyu || Oneshot

Originally posted by mountean

Word Count: 2247

Genre: fluff, witch!au

Summary: You didn’t think witches were the scum of the earth, but you definitely did not have a very great opinion about them. That is, until you get lost in the forest and meet one.

Minghao // Woozi // 


You had always heard about the guardian in the forest but you never really believed it. It was all just rumors. Why in the world would a witch spend all their time in a forest, guiding lost travelers to safety? You found it unlikely. Witches were the most powerful being on earth and must have better things to do than that. You could imagine maybe this witch passed by often and he did the easy deed of guiding travelers the right way but actually staying around and helping? Impossible. No one is actually that nice. That’s what you believed.

Keep reading

I think that it’s important to direct your anger at your abusers and the core of abuse and your pain, because mostly people are too scared to be angry at directly what’s hurting them, and then simply redirect that anger at someone more vulnerable, someone more easy to be angry at, someone they can easily hurt and get away with. It’s something I’m scared that I myself might do, because I get massively furious at minor offenses and I have to keep myself in isolation until I calm down because I don’t want to be taking out my anger at someone who didn’t deserve it (or maybe they deserved just a little bit and I want to pull their guts out).

Abusers often manage to seem invincible, terrifying and generally like someone you can’t afford to be angry at, or like it’s unreasonable and hopeless to be angry at them. Most often you can’t really express your anger directly at them, it’s too risky and they would take it as an excuse to torture/kill you, so it can be very tempting to just take out your anger at someone who isn’t nearly as scary or dangerous to be angry at, and sometimes this can happen even without you realizing because your anger gets re-directed automatically, but listen, you need to be aware of where you’re directing your anger and why, and I know it’s hard to handle anger, especially if it’s pent up and you can’t really process it properly or control what it does. You’ll get better at it the more you keep processing it.

 All of the anger you have inside you is there for a reason, and the only way to actually get rid of it is to direct it straight at your abusers. You don’t have to express it directly at them if it’s too dangerous or impossible, but when you’re too angry, be angry at them, rant about them, write revenge stories with them inside, stab their picture, stab anything pretending it’s them, punch shit pretending it’s them, but have them in your mind and rage until your anger is set free. That is how you hold an abuser responsible. And that is the way your guilt is going to melt and you’ll be left with clarity over what was done to you, and who is responsible for it.

How to cheer up the signs

ARIES: 

make jokes around them, make them laugh, don’t concentrate on their problems 

TAURUS:

just be there, they might not be talking about their problems, you don’t need to say anything either. Just hold their hand and show them that you’re by their side. 

GEMINI

distract them, start a completely new conversation, ask their opinion 

CANCER: 

ask them how they are, let them tell you their deepest secrets 

LEO: 

compliment them, tell them how amazing and unique they are until they smile again 

VIRGO: 

wait for the moment when they are finally ready to talk and just listen to them, don’t say anything, just listen. 

LIBRA: 

take a drink or two with them, this will make them forget about their problems

SCORPIO: 

tell them your opinion, give them good advices, they will consider them in a hard situation 

SAGITTARIUS:

make them go out and have fun 

CAPRICORN: 

tell them that they are going to succeed, remind them how many times they have been through even worse things and made it. Support them no matter what. 

AQUARIUS: 

dating, love, sex. Make them start a relationship 

PISCES: 

bring them chocolate and tissues, wipe away their tears

RFA+Saeran+ Reacting to MC With Nipple Piercings

How would they react to you having them, or wanting to get them? I wanted to write this out for myself, and figured you all would enjoy it as well!

Zen

Already Have Them:

- The first time he sees you shirtless his eyes get so b i g. He honestly never thought much about them on someone else, just knew it was a thing, so he’s surprised when it gets him even more excited than he thought he could be.

- He immediately wants to play with them- Tweak your nipples and see if the rumours about the piercings making you more sensitive are true, but he realises he uh…Needs to ask and make sure you’re okay with that first.

- He loves them so much more than he could imagine. When you surprise him with new jewelry, talk about possible new piercings, he’s having trouble calming himself down even in public. You’re killing him. Killing him.

Wanting Them:

- The very first thing he would do, if you expressed wanting them, was smile and explain how he loves you for who you are, and that you never have to change your body or anything like that for him. It takes a lot of talking for you to explain you’re wanting this for yourself and not because you’ll think he’ll like it.

- HOWEVER- This doesn’t mean he’s against you doing it. He helps you figure out the best place to get it done, how much it’ll cost, and schedule a time where he can accompany you so he can at least be moral support. He’ll let you squeeze his hand, but oooh buddy if you so much as whimper he’s 10000% worried and hurting for you.

- The heal time is long, but he’s extra mindful about your sore nipples. Even when hugging you. At first it’s hard, especially during sex, but after a few awkward moments, he’s got it down pat and happy that you’ve done something you enjoy.

- There is a brief, BRIEF, moment where he considers piercings, but with his job and how painful they seemed…Best not to get any. 


Jumin

Already Have Them:

- It does break his immersion of foreplay a bit. He’s a bit confused as to why you would get them, what he should do with them, and mainly why in the hell you were willing to hurt yourself like that for something no one would see.

- After a few questions, and how he should touch/play with them, he lets the subject rest. It’s something he would disprove of normally, but it’s your body and after a while, he does like them… He just has to get over that initial shock.

- Expect him buying fancy bars/hoops for you after a bit. E x p e c t  i t. It’s going to be another thing he tries to spoil you with.

Wanting Them:

- N o. At first he’s stubborn- Why would you get that? What would you hurt yourself like that? There are infections and getting things like that-

- Due to his upbringing he’s going to sound harsh at first. Tattoos, piercings- Anything ‘alternative’ he’s used to looking down on, but a long discussion clearing any worries and how he can pay for the best piercer out there, and he’s okay with it. He is still worried about how much it hurts you though.

- Getting them opens his mind a bit more, and he starts learning to be more open minded to different life styles. Baby steps! But he’ll especially be more open to any other piercings/tattoos you were thinking of. He just wants to make sure you pick the best out there!


Yoosung

Already Have Them:

- He will always think you’re super brave for doing such a thing, but he will be completely red-faced seeing them. I mean, let’s face it, seeing you topless for the first time AND seeing them would have him blushing 10x more than usual.

- He is su p e r careful with them. He’s even too scared to touch near your nipples! You would have to coax him along and teach him what feels best for you, and how to avoid hurting you. It is a bit of a turn on, especially since he never thought you would have had them in the first place.

- Sometimes he would shyly ask you questions about it. How much it hurt, does it feel weird, etc etc. But until its been a g e s, it’s going to take him a while to admit he loves them, especially during sex. It’s easy to tell, though.

Wanting Them

- When you first tell him, he’s a red sputtering mess. “D-Do whatever you want! It’s your body!”. He doesn’t want to be someone who makes you feel like you have to do everything for his approval. But he is a little happy his opinion matters to you.

- But when you get them done? First he’s a little miffed that someone else is getting to see your chest, but over all he feels s o bad that you’re going through so much pain! When you give him a thumbs up afterwards, he’s happy you feel okay, but his legs are a bit shakey.

- He is great at reminding you how to clean them and finding the best brand care. Though…He does shyly ask if you think he would look good with a piercing or two.


Jaehee

Already Have Them:

- Her first reaction is to nearly ‘protect’ hers from the pain she images you had to go through. That mainly results in her hands almost reaching to cover her own, before she realizes and puts her hands down again.

- It doesn’t do anything for her, or does it turn her off. They’re just there. She does look up some safety about them though. Making sure you take care of them and get the real good jewelery.

- She does think they look cute, and she does suggest a cute bar set once or twice.

Wanting Them:

- W h a t. Why would you do that to yourself, firstly, but…actually, no just why?

- It takes some explaining, and her rattling off the risks, but she agrees to it as long as you let her research the best place to do such a thing.

- She’s too squeamish to watch, so she looks away and holds your hand as it’s done. She’s helping you the whole time, and after a while she muses possibly getting another piercing for her ears.


Seven

Already Have Them:

- When you’re topless for the first time, he’s about as red as your hair when he sees them. At first you can’t gauge his reaction, he’s kinda quiet, but then he starts asking what is/isn’t okay with them.

- Once that is out of the way…He is teasing you non-stop. He l o v e s them. He loves how they look, how you blush when he gingerly plays with them, how just licking around them drives you crazy…

- But he definitely buys you gag jewelry. Ridiculous sexual ones? Gimmicky ones? You had to make him stop when he found some that looked like sheriff’s badges.

Wanting Them:

- He doesn’t mind what you do with your body, as long as you’re okay with it and its not going to be harmful in the long run. So when you bring it up, he cheerfully agrees that you should do it! But after a few moments he gets a bit red realizing that… you’re going to have nipple piercings.

- He’s extra careful during the healing process, but… He’s a little sullen that your nipples are off limits for at least a good month and a half. Possibly even more… So he promises to give everywhere else twice the amount of attention to make up for it.

- The whole situation does bring up questions on if he should get pierced…and what parts of him should.


Saeran

Already Have Them:

- He loves you

- Okay okay, honestly he wouldn’t have minded if you didn’t have them, but the fact that you do just spurs him on. Especially with how cute you are. Pairing that up with secret piercings? He’s Going.

- He knows to be careful with them right off the bat, but if you’re okay with it, he’s going to be bringing them into foreplay as much as possible. Teasing, dirty talk, (light) pulling. He loves them and he thinks you’re even more amazing.

Wanting Them:

- Surprisingly, he sputters for a second before making sure you’re not doing this because of him. He stresses that you never have to change yourself for him, ever, and it takes him a minute to approve because he’s very worried he’s made you feel like you have to.

- Eventually, once it clears up that you’ve been wanting them for a while, he’s very stern about finding a good piercer. Be prepared- He will give him his signature glare if they so much as smile once your shirt is off.

- He already knows how to help you through the process, what products actually help the healing… Though, once you’re able to change them, he may try to quietly suggest matching jewelery…


V

Already Have Them:

- Honestly, it wouldn’t phase him much outside of the first initial shock. He would just be like “Wow! You are so brave to have done that, haha!” and then carry right back along with what you guys were doing. 

- Honestly, the only time he may get put off with anything like that, was if you got a drunken, cheap, and badly inked tattoo.

- Overall, he’s just happy to be with you, and happy that you’re comfortable with your body. He may ask if he can use you as a interesting nude model.

Wanting Them:

- He’s surprised at first, especially considering how painful it’s going to be, but he encourages you to do what you want! He’s a bit worried about the whole process, but as long as you stay smart with it, he’s alright.

- But when you’re in pain? During the process and after? He feels so bad for you, and wishes he could take the pain away. You’ll catch him kind of pouting slightly after you accidentally irritate the piercings, but if you smile he calms down.

- Although………He is going to spoil you with piercings, just like Jumin would. He’ll find the most aesthetically pleasing ones for you, ones that manage to fit your personality to a T, and they’re always beautiful.

I saw an article talking about how tons of people hate Jon, are actively rooting against him (dumb), and that he’s an idiot compared to Sansa.

Then I saw an article that was an “open letter” to Sansa because apparently it’s so hard to like her right now.

It’s funny because both articles were confident that their interpretation was the audience consensus. But this just proves that literally everyone has different interpretations of Jon and Sansa’s scenes. 

Some people think Jon is being foolish and should be listening to Sansa, while others believe that Sansa is wrong, coming across as a bitch, and shouldn’t have interrupted Jon at the meeting. But what both articles/interpretations fail to realize is that those scenes aren’t meant to pit the audience against either Jon or Sansa. 

They have conflicting opinions because, until now, they have had completely different experiences. This is evident when Jon references Ned, and then again when Sansa implores him to be smarter than Ned and Robb. Yes, Ned was a great Northern leader, but as soon as he tangled with Cersei, he lost his head. Which brings me to the line about Sansa learning from Cersei. Sansa isn’t as cruel as Cersei, but all of her political experiences are learned from people like Cersei, Margaery, and Little Finger. We’re supposed to see them clash a little, but then, as you saw in their scenes, immediately support each other and want to protect each other because they’re Starks

Taehyung Scenario: You Can Be The Boss.

Request:  A BIG PET PEEVE I HAVE IN FANFICS ARE THAT THE READER NEVER GETS TO BE THE CEO (IN AN AU LOL), IT IS ALWAYS THE MALE. SO DO YOU THINK YOU COULD WRITE A CEO-READER (OH LIKE A HELLA HUGE COMPANY) AND THEN AN ASSISTANT-TAEHYUNG (OR IDK, BUT SOMETHING BELOW HER) (I’ve been searching since like last year for something like this and I still haven’t found one😒) YAYAYAYAYAYA THANKS

Genre: Fluff - CEO Reader AU


It wasn’t even nine in the morning and you’d already had to handle two emergencies through your pone, sometimes you thanked the heaven for living in a time were connections were easily handled. The quiet background buzz at the reception felt like home, and you greeted the secretaries there wit a quick nod and a short good morning, walking straight to the elevators while your heels clicked on the polished floor.

Some days, you still couldn’t believe how far you’d gotten, and other days, just like this one, you were proud of yourself, of being able to laugh at the faces of those who only thought you were simply a dreamer, that women couldn’t make it far into the business world. You looked at the reflection that the elevator’s doors gave you and smiled satisfied. This was your world, you’d taken onto it with a lot of brain, charm and effort, you weren’t the CEO of your own telephone company for nothing.

Your office was located at the fifteenth floor, you enjoyed a pretty view of the city from the huge glass windows and it was decorated to your own liking. It was just nice to be the boss. When the elevator reached your floor and you made your way to your office, some of your employee’s greeted you, some others just got to the side to let you pass and maybe they were just a little scared you thought, intimidated more likely but you’d stopped being worried about that, whoever got past the initial prejudice and supposition would know that you were just a normal girl in a position of power and control, not a monster in disguise.

The door to your office was opened and you eyed your assistant’s desk but he wasn’t there, he was the most capable person you’d had on your side, sharp minded, witty, managed to keep almost every one happy and delighted them with a quick chatter. You stopped your train of thoughts when you saw a coffee mug ready and waiting for you at your desk, accompanied by some biscuits.

–Good day sunshine! – oh, there he was. Taehyung was like no other worker you had, that for sure, with his deep voice and animated demeanor that sometimes bordered on overwhelming. You dissimulated your smile while taking off your long coat and giving a sip to your coffee; it was perfect, Taehyung never brought it wrong.

–It’s really inappropriate of you to call me that Taehyung, I’m your boss – he just smiled at you, all teeth and joy so you looked down at the papers in front of you to stop yourself from staring. –With that being said, what do we have for today? –

–Meeting at nine thirty with the chief engineer about the new program he’s working on, reviewing on two new apps by ten and a half, have a call with the investors so I reserved you forty minutes after eleven for that, oh and the new interns arrive today, I did a preselection and reduced the group to five and they’ll have a private interview with you starting at two so you have enough time to go to see your parents after midday because their anniversary is today – he said, already on his efficient mode.

You gulped on your coffee, looking surprised at him. –Oh my god, I forgot… I need to get them a gift Taehyung –

–I already did – Taehyung said, signaling to one of your couches where a box with a pretty ribbon laid. –Since I knew you were most likely going to forget it, I took the liberty of planning a one week trip for them, and they should have a special lunch delivered with the catering service at their house by twelve, so you only need to take the box with you to give them their tickets and congratulate them –

You stared dumbfounded at him, sometimes, Taehyung went too fast but that was good, that was specifically good when he never let escape details like this and managed to save your day. You stayed silent for a moment and Taehyung talked again, he wasn’t one to do well with silence.

–Don’t you have the greatest assistant in the country? – he smiled again while looking at you. His tie was a little crooked, and who wore ties with little comic whales to work? Taehyung, that’s who; the indeed greatest assistant in the country who worked for you.

–Thanks Taehyung, you did well – you smiled softly at him and Taehyung shrugged.

–At your service boss, call me if you need me – he checked something else on his iPad and then exited your office, leaving you wondering how you’d managed to do without him before.

Keep reading

ATTENTION ALL THE OUTSIDERS FANDOM

I’ve been seeing on here how people hate themselves and how they feel bad.

A few years back, someone had put this together and I want to do this again.

Rules

  • so basically
  • I assign you someone from The Outsiders fandom
  • you inbox them nice things on anon
  • and you have to reblog saying you want to do so I can start pairing people up together
  • this will go on until the 23rd and you will reveal yourself that day!

This is too make new friends and make people feel better about themselves.

You can leave things in their inbox like:

  • you love their work
  • wishing them a good day
  • random things ((like I tell people about my turtle when they want people to go in their inbox))
  • asking about their opinions on stuff
  • asking about their hobbies, likes, and dislikes

If you have any questions, message me!

  • and you have to inbox them at least once a day!
  • If you don’t get an inbox, then message me and I’ll message the person

I thought this would be a great thing to do again because everyone can be friends and all.

Also to join, this will close by mid afternoon on August 16. If you want to join but the window has closed message me!

And if you don’t mind having two people too inbox on anon, let me know on the reblog!

Reblog saying you want to do this! And also make sure you cam recieve anons!

And remember this is suppose to be fun!

Also I’ll be assigning the you a person today if you reblog

Why Space Marines need to be male

(in this I use Adeptus Astartes and Marines/ Space Marines basically interchangably, mainly for the purposes of readability, so assume I’m talking about the same thing unless I state otherwise)

I mentioned, briefly, in a response to a reader letter in the most recent White Dwarf, that I had a reason for why I think there shouldn’t be female Space Marines. Just so we’re totally clear by ‘Space Marine’ I mean specifically Warhammer 40,000’s Adeptus Astartes, I’m not saying Pvt. Vasquez or Samus or whomever shouldn’t exist. I think it is very important that the Adeptus Astartes should be male, and it isn’t anything to do with the game’s fictional reason for why this is so.

In 40k, only men get to be Space Marines, or rather, only boys. They are taken at a young age, in pre- or early puberty, and physically and mentally made into killing machines. The fiction justifies why it’s only boys that get taken because of some vague notion of the process requiring male hormonal development, which one assumes to mean high testosterone, which is some waffle. I don’t think it’s the strongest reason to restrict Marines to one gender, because HRT is a thing (I’m not really prepared to get into a discussion about trans men as space marines, that’s not what this piece is about so I’ll have to leave that I’m afraid, but that’s definitely something I’d like to hear a take on) but again, it’s not the direct, in-fiction reason to keep the Astartes male that I support, it’s broader than that.

It essentially boils down to what the Space Marines are, what they mean, and what exact genre of fiction Warhammer 40k actually is. In the narrative, of course, the Space Marines are the Emperor’s Angels of Death, his will made manifest, humanity’s finest. They are portrayed as the ultimate soldiers in a galaxy constantly at war, as heroes to all, defenders of humanity. The process to actually become a Space Marine is arduous and long, but if one were to become a Space Marine it would prove that yes, you are one of the best fighters humanity has to offer. Without question.

It’s when you actually analyse what that actually means, what being a Space Marine means, that I hope my reasoning becomes a little bit clearer. If you’ve ever had the pleasure of trying to teach a group of ten year old boys who’ve never seen warfare, who’ve never been affected by it or grown mature enough to comprehend the horror of it, I highly recommend it. Not because you’ll really get anywhere. It’ll be a troubling and haunting experience for you, actually. I covered the First World War with a group of Year 5 boys a couple of years ago, as a coda to us finishing Micheal Morpurgo’s Private Peaceful together. The book is quite damning about the way soldiers were treated by their own country during the war, about how being in a total war situation can affect and damage a young person’s mind, how it can make them do things they wouldn’t dream of doing elsewhere. I confess, I got very emotional at the book’s climax. I take the horror of the First World War very, very seriously (I covered it in my Battlefield 1 review). I consider it an appalling waste of life, a grotesque display of colonialism and imperialist chest-thumping on all sides. I was quite shocked, perhaps naively so, that the boys I was working with didn’t see it that way. After going over what life in the trenches was like, the sheer number of casualties lost over a matter of inches of ground, the complete inability of command structures to adopt strategies that would have mitigated said loss of life until the very end of the war (just to be clear, I did not try to impose my own opinion of why this was on the children; I explained to them how new this form of warfare was and left them to form their own conclusions), several of the boys still seemed quite excited by the idea of it all, of going over the top and firing artillery and what have you. I realised, of course, that they were mapping what we’d discussed onto what they knew about warfare and violence, which is to say the games they played and the films they watched. Even though I was trying to show them that war, perhaps, was not a heroic and exciting affair, they couldn’t see it that way. They even saw death in war as some kind of noble thing, because thats the way they’d seen in on screen. Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori’ indeed.

Space Marines represent this kind of thinking, intentionally so. They are the epitome of the uncritical approach to analysing warfare, all glory, no downside. The idea that one might get to fight, and be really good at it, and do it all the time is a neat idea if you only know about war as this cool thing from video games and movies. The idea of the Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine works as a criticism of how we teach boys about war, how we introduce them to it and how casually they absorb the imagery of it, getting uncritically excited about tanks and guns and bombs. Space Marines, fundamentally, are little boys who never really grow up, robbed of a genuine adulthood to instead fight with their mates, forever, until they die, without having to worry about why or who they’re fighting. And that’s why I think its important that Space Marines be male. Because if there were female Marines, this implicit criticism of boys and war wouldn’t be as effective. Thats not to say that I think there aren’t girls who get excited by this kind of thing, there are, but societally we don’t push it on them the same way. We don’t guide them, unconsciously, to this kind of fascination in the same way we do boys because ‘girls stuff’ isn’t about being a hero and fighting and being tough.

Let’s be absolutely clear here, the notion of things being separated into ‘girl’s stuff’ and ‘boy’s stuff’ is patently ridiculous, damaging and regressive. We, societally, still do it by the skipload. Again, work in a school, you’ll see this low-key gender-based segregation all the time. It’s frustrating.

It’s important that Space Marines be male, and only male, so this criticism can stand because of what Warhammer 40,000 actually is. More than it’s sci-fi, more even than it’s fantasy, Warhammer 40k is a horror story. It’s actually terrifying, a mix of Orwellian dystopia with Lovecraftian Horror and Hieronymous Bosch artwork. There’s definitely a place in the game for gender equality, but it has to exist within this horror framework, so it’s not ‘equal rights for all’ so much as ‘everyone will get to die for their empire equally’. The Imperial Guard, for example, where it’s not who you are, its just that you’re a body that can hold a lasgun. When people ask for female Marines, when they come up with their own head canon or whatever, maybe a better option is to think, ‘why do I want this? Is it because I want to see a woman who’s as powerful as these men?’. In that case, think about those men. Think about the context within which they exist. Think about the power they represent. Space Marines are the Mitchell and Webb SS sketch but without the punchline. You know the one, where the two Nazi SS officers are sat down, and one of them, acknowledging the plethora of skull emblems on their uniforms wonders ‘Are we the bad guys?’. Space Marines are covered in skulls, only they don’t get to have ethical quandaries.

Representation is important, but it can’t be as simple as like-for-like, it needs the appropriate context to justify it so it doesn’t feel token or inappropriate. I don’t know if there’s an answer to the ‘female Marine’ equivalent, I don’t know if there can be. I don’t think it’s the Sisters of Battle. They’re their own weird, exploitative thing. I think the main thing people need to remember about 40k is that no one’s the good guys. Everyone’s terrible, because they need to be, because it’s a game that needs to justify why everyone fights all the time. It’s satire, parody, cynicism and good old British gallows humour. So trying to find positive representation in that always struck me as kind of a weird idea. If you want lady marines because you want to see some tits in power armour, you can kindly fuck off into a skip. If you want lady Marines because you want representation, is that really the representation you’re looking for? Emotionally stunted killing machines who have become the poster children for a nightmare regime? I honestly think Warhammer 40,000 has some great female characters, but they’re largely absent from the tabletop, acting in the fiction as the human foil to the inhuman marines. If you really like the 40k universe that might be the place you find the representation you want, the Horus Heresy books are a good place to start.

And They Shall Know No Fear. Only people who think they’re invincible live without fear. We unfortunately live in a world where girls learn that they’re not invincible much earlier than boys.

There should be a video about harassment tacked to the top of this site/app or something because I’m sick of seeing adults harass young teenagers then using “debate” as a flimsy excuse.

“This isn’t harassment, we’re just having an argument. If you can’t handle discussions like an adult you shouldn’t be on the internet/voice your opinions.” They continue to harass this kid until they’re blocked, which they then gloat about some fantasized victory over having pushed someone so far they needed to use features that prevented this stranger from interacting with them; somehow that translates to, “they couldn’t refute my points so I win haha!”

This is not how adults handle disagreements. This is how abusers do. To use their own rhetoric against them, this is the equivalent of getting into an argument with your coworker and when your coworker walks away to recollect themself, you follow them. You comment on everything they do and say, even jump into their conversations with other people. Because you want their attention. You want it to be impossible to ignore you. You want the last word. You know if you do this long enough they’ll either turn around and snap at you, giving you that attention, or report you to management, where you laugh it off because that was a drastic action to take against nothing, they overreacted and it’s funny. You two were just having a small disagreement and your coworker couldn’t handle it maturely.

Harvest Moon AU - Zen Heart Events

Black Heart Event

Time: 12PM-6PM; Any season but Winter

Weather: Sunny

Location: Aurora Lake

[You walk into the bottom section of Aurora Lake, which lies south of the Moonlight Mine. Zen frequently can be found practicing the guitar by the lake’s shores, and you walks in on him doing so. He does not notice you at first, and you watch him practice while musical notes appear above his head.]

Zen: They think I’m crazy. ♪ My heartbeat goes up. ♫

Zen: Words cannot express my love for you! ♫♪

Zen: Did you – ack!

[An exclamation point appears above Zen’s head, and he stops playing as he notices you.]

Zen: <MC>, I didn’t see you out there! How long have you been listening?

Zen: …A while, huh? Well, I understand. It’s hard to ignore my alluring presence!

Zen: What brings you this far out of town? 

> [Choice 1] “It’s beautiful out. I wanted to take a walk.”

Zen: Ahh, isn’t it, though? The sound of the wind, the song of the birds, the smell of the flowers drifting on the breeze…

Zen: It’s enough to make a man feel alive, isn’t it?

Zen: Whenever I visit to the lake, I remember why I moved to Mystic Valley in the first place. The fresh air has a way of making my soul feel… clean.

Zen: I always come out here to practice. Would you like to listen for a while? I’ll play you something a bit more polished.

[You nod and walk over to sit by Zen. Go to [A]

> [Choice 2] “I wanted to see you, my darling Zenny-zen♥”

(Zen blushes)

Zen: Hahaha, wow! Are you a fan?

Zen: Jeez, I’m so lucky… someone as cute as you was looking for me?

Zen: Well, come on over. I’ll play you something a bit more polished.

[You nod and walk over to sit by Zen. Go to [A]

> [Choice 3] “I was headed to the mine, when I heard you playing…”

Zen: I guess you’d have to pass me if you wanted to get there, huh?

Zen: I’m surprised you go in there… but I guess there’s stuff you need in the dirt. Ores for your tools, minerals to sell…

Zen: It’s filled with monsters though, right? I hope you’re careful.

Zen: I’d hate to see someone as cute as you end up in the clinic.

Zen: How about you take a break and listen to me for a while? I’ll play you something a bit more polished.

Zen: Back-breaking labor can wait a few minutes, right?

[A]

[Zen plays another song, musical notes appearing above his head as he strums. When he’s finished, he looks to you.]

Zen: That’s one of the first songs I learned how to play. What do you think?

> [Choice 1] “It sounded really nice.”

(Zen +200)

Zen: Thank you! I practice every single day. I have to, if I’m ever going to be a success.

Zen: Well, at least…

[Go to [B]

> [Choice 2] “That’s one of the songs in the musical Dandelion, right?”

(Zen +500)

Zen: You’re right! It’s the opening number! Wow, how did you know?

Zen: You must really like musicals.

Zen: It’s always been my dream to be in a production of Dandelion. Or… well, any musical really, haha.

Zen: Singing, acting, being on stage – it’s my dream. And every day, I’m out here practicing until I can make my dream come true.

Zen: Well, at least…

[Go to [B]

> [Choice 3] “That’s not really the kind of music I like…”

(Zen -200)

Zen: O-oh, ahaha…

Zen: It’s from a musical, but I guess that sort of thing isn’t for everyone.

Zen: They’re what I love, though. Musicals.

Zen: There’s just about the singing and the dancing – I feel like you can really feel the heart and soul that the actors put into the production.

Zen: Well, at least…

[B]

Zen: That’s what I tell myself when it seems hard to keep going.

Zen: The road to stardom isn’t an easy one, and I’d be lying if I said it never got rough, but…

Zen: It’s a small price to pay for your dreams, huh?

Zen: I figure you’d understand, given that you took over that old farm-plot and all. It can’t be easy, and it also can’t have been a popular decision among your friends and family.

Zen: I mean, who decides to drop society and run off to become a farmer, anyway?

Zen: –Ah, sorry! Don’t take that the wrong way. I meant it as a compliment.

Zen: My family… wanted me to be plain. Dull. Boring. To just follow along with the crowd, and to be exactly like everyone else.

Zen: I know what you’re thinking! With a face like mine, how could I be destined for anything but show business?

Zen: …But, to them, what was most important… was being normal.

Zen: So anyone who forges their own path and carves their own destiny like you… well! I think that’s a pretty admirable person.

Zen: Anyway, sorry for keeping you. I’m sure you’re busy.

Zen: Come see me any time, okay? ♥ I’m always happy to have an audience.

[end]

[The rest of the Heart Events are under the read more!]

Keep reading

From Con to Con (Part Fourteen)

Masterlist

Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Woooo hooo part fourteen! Finally got some inspiration and wrote this chapter. Sometimes hard weeks bring the best inspiration. This was a fun chapter to write and I hope you all enjoy it! 

Also, if I missed tagging you it’s because I lost my list of who all wanted to be tagged and I’m really sorry! Just let me know and I can add you! 

Warnings: Fluff for you, fluff for me, fluff for everyone!!!!! 

Words: 8,014

It was almost time for your date with Rob. You were feeling slightly nervous about the date; those first date jitters popping up. You had nothing to worry about though. The two of you knew so much about each other that logically you knew you shouldn’t feel anxious about the date. There was also a large part of you feeling enthusiastic about this date, excited to start this next step in your relationship with Rob. 

Since you finished up the most recent episode the day before, you arrived for the Houston convention early on Thursday afternoon. This gave you enough time to get everything you needed for the weekend and prepare for your date. It was about to be the last home stretch for filming season 11 but you were excited for the upcoming episodes. Especially since Rob was coming back on the show to play God and you would be able to spend more time with him. You couldn’t believe how much of a schoolgirl you were acting about being in this relationship, even an unofficial but almost official relationship that you two had right now. 

Keep reading