Happy Trans Day Of Visibility! Today I got told that I’m “backsliding” because this haircut makes me look girly. Lucky I don’t need to tick anyone else’s boxes to count as male! Hope everyone has/had a fantastic day!
Well maybe for some people school started last week but still I hope this post it’s helpful. I had a lot of experiences with backpacks through my highschool years and now in college/ university.
For me the most comfortable way of carrying all my necessities is a backpack and not a bag, here is why:
- Backpack are comfortable and have so much more space
- They come in all shape and sizes and are customizable.
- Easy to wash and a little less expensive.
- No pain on your shoulder or arm because of the heaviness of a bag.
Now for the reason of the post, this for me are the essential things you should have:
- Notebook/iPad: for taking notes and searching in class.
-Journal: for the important dates and thoughts.
-Stationary: Pens (Stabilo, Pilot G2, Muji, Zebra, Staedtler), markers (Sharpie, Zebra Mildliner), washi tape, erasers, sharper, mini stapler and pencils.
- Book of preference: this will help to kill time through your free periods. (Mine right now is Inferno by Dan Brown)
-Water and energy: Remember to carry your bottle of water and some snacks for boosting your energy like energy bars (personally I like Nature Valley), blueberries, cranberries, some cookies, etc…
- Bag of makeup: I’m no the kind of persons who likes to have this item on her bag but it’s a life saver for emergencies, in it I have: compact powder, the lipstick or lipbalm, mascara, Kleenex and tiny container (like those round of Nivea for creams or balm) with Vaseline, this odd container with the Kleenex will help you if you have a smudge mascara and even if you made a mistake with your brows.
-Headphones: for studying, canceling noise or just simply killing time with good music or audio book.
This is what i carry on my backpack, believe me it’s so much easier if your use one and not a bag for example: I have a friend that loves her Nine West giant bag and use it for school but she complains about the weight of her things (laptop included), yes bag are pretty and make you look girly but they are a pain in the ass and you don’t want pain or marks on your shoulders specially on those long days.
So my advice girls is if you don’t feel comfortable with a backpack like Jansport or Kanken types find a Instagram one like this ones, comfort doesn’t mean ugly.
Here’s what I brought with me for my first day of Uni. You know, first week is mostly about professors’ presentations and syllabus so I don’t have to carry much, by next week my back will suffer way more :(
Those are the things that I bring to university (almost) everyday.
1. My backpack I found this one at Tk Maxx for 17€ It’s by the brand Custom Deluxe
2. Folder I only take on folder with me to Uni. In there are papers I still need to read or readings that I need in a lecture. (If you are wondering, I wrote lyrics on it. It says:“If you never shoot you’ll never know”.)
3. Netbook Usually, I don’t take it with me but when my exams approach, I work on my course summaries in my free periods. This is the Asus Transformerbook
4. Notebook Grid paper. Nothing fancy. The notes that I take during lectures are always messy, so that’s why I use one notebook for everything when I am at uni. I re write them at home in separate notebooks
5. Journal 1 I use this one for deadlines and to do lists. Sometimes I draw in it as well.
6. Journal 2 Another one? Yes. This is for my creative writing. When I’m on the train I write quite a lot so this one has to be in my bag all the time.
7. Books Well, not all of those. I like to keep a book in my bag, since I spend a lot of time on the train. Those are just some examples of the books that I carry with me (Pride and Prejudice, The Zombie Survival Guide, Tokyo Ghoul)
8. Headphones Surviving without headphones? Unimaginable. When I’m not hanging out with people, I am ALWAYS wearing headphones. Those are by Sony but I have no clue what specific model they are.
9. Water Depending on how long I have to stay at uni, I either carry a smaller or a bigger bottle with me. In the picture is a refillable, small one.
10. Snacks / Lunch I’m not a big fan of the lunch you get at the canteen, so I decided to bring my own food with me. (Even if it means that my bag will be really stuffed) It really depends on the day, whether I bring an actual lunch with me or just a snack. In the picture above is one of my snacks. Cashew and dried cranberries. This lastsme a couple of days.
11. Purse 1 Isn’t this little guy cute?! I found it at Primark for 1€ and it’s been my little change keeper ever since.
12. Purse 2 The important one. All important cards are in here,my student ID and money.
13. Pencil Case I just got this recently but I am SO in love with it.
14. Deodorant Essential!
15. Powerbank This one is by intenso. My phone battery dies faster than you can say quidditch so this is an essential as well
16. Eyedrops The air at our library is so awful :( Wearing contacts in there can become a living hell.
17. Blistering plasters I’ve learnt my lesson. Never without them anymore. N E V E R!
18. Cosmetic Bag You can’t tell, but it has some sort of Bambi pattern on it :)
20. Face Powder
21. Lipstick I am wearing that day
22. Lip Balm
23. Hand cream
25. Lighter I don’t smoke but having one on hand is always a good thing
26. 2 in 1 pocket mirror & brush
That’s all I got on me when I am leaving for a day at uni (:.
Today is my first day of school and I am so excited! The two classes I have today is Accounting and Statistics. Other than what is in the picture I usually carry with me my iPad mini or laptop but since today is the first day of class, we’ll probably just go over the syllabus. I hope everybody will also have a great day of school and have a great semester!
24.2.16 I finally got a new backpack and I am so happy with my new Fjallraven Kanken! I got the black classic with a student discount. I wrote about it for my jar of good moments! After doing some work on my latest project I went flower shopping today, because my mum had a hospital appointment. Xxx emily 🌿🌹
Tomorrow is the start of the Spring semester so I thought I would do a What’s In My Bag/Backpackpost. Last semester I used a large tote-ish bag but I simply have way too many books this semester and I knew that I needed a backpack to lug them around. Click here for my past What’s In My Bag/Backpack posts.
A few changes include having two drinking bottles now (one for coffee & the other for water), post-it case, and my planner. In addition to what’s not shown in the picture, I usually carry either my mini iPad or laptop and headphones.