Why is there no fandom for The Underland Chronicles? It’s my favorite book series of all time, but no one has read it!
If you don’t know what it is (which most people won’t) it’s a series of books following Gregor and his two year old sister, Boots, as they fall through a grate in their laundry room in New York, and end up in The Underland.
The Underland is a world filled with giant creatures, rats, cockroaches, spiders, bats, and other animals. Humans live there as well, except they are not giant like all the other inhabitants, but they do have violet eyes, white (or very pale) skin, and silver hair. They have a series of prophecies about an Overland (Overland = our world) warrior, who will save them from their enemy. Of course, they think this “warrior” is Gregor, so he’s off on a quest, (but he’s really only going to find his dad who disappeared several years before).
And, I know what you’re thinking “Oh, great, another one of those stories” I agree that the plot line is starting to become overused, but trust me, this is a unique story.
Reasons to read:
1. Gregor brings his two year old sister on a quest in which they will most likely die
2. Some of the characters are giant rats, bats, cockroaches, spiders, and mice,
3. rootbeer can save lives
4. well-written prophecies
5. people making questionable actions
7. This book was written by Susan Collins, but it is nothing like The Hunger Games
8. In depth characters
9. A plot that actually has layers to it
10. good development, motivation, interactions
11. Questionable actions from the “good” side
12. Ripred. He remains one of my favorite characters of all time.
Anyway, I have no clue where the fandom is, but it needs to exist.