some post: hey this anime series is good but sometimes it treats its female characters rather unfairly. heres a small explanation of the times when the women are underdeveloped, underrepresented, or reduced to jokes about their sexual appeal.
some reply: oh-ho, you say this now OP, but wait until the One Arc where there’s One Female Villain who’s competent :^), you’ll be eating your words. also you forget, the girl has to be sexy because her power, Big Sexy Power, makes her more powerful the more sexy she is :^) yes the male author definitely had to make it that way. it makes a lot of sense. also yes the female characters are forced to constantly flaunt their bodies in front of the public but remember? this one male character does not wear a shirt? sexism where? :^^)
Fareeha ‘Pharah’ Amari is a classic rock fan (’I am the Rocket Queen!’)
About the family Reaper was looking at in Reflections, Chu states that ‘it’s not a random family’.
Not every hero will get a short. But all of them will get new interactions
Someday they’ll actually do the birthdays of the heroes, “but probably not soon just to make sure we don’t accidentally make some date mistakes in continuity" - Chu
Chu states that he would also love to explore more of Hanzo’s story, both before the fight with Genji, and after Dragons, to see what his reaction to confronting his brother again is
Genji’s father gave him the nickname of Sparrow, and Sparrow was actually the nickname the devs used for him while Genji was in development
It’s still up in the air who answers Overwatch’s recall, and who doesn’t
The omnic language is not easily translatable to English. It’s not intended to be a language that humans (who haven’t been augmented) could read easily
The Hero short takes place right around the time of the Recall
Tracer is apparently, a fan of Diego Costa (and maybe even Chelsea?)
There is, apparently, a lot of lore that has been worked out but not revealed to the public
Examples of this include when they create a new hero/map/story, there is a lot of backstory behind it that they don’t reveal, and will reveal over time
Mei and Efi are the best ‘doodlers’ (drawers) in the game
Mei loves beef noodle soup
Apparently, Torbjörn has a pretty interesting cat that may or may not have a jetpack on it
Lúcio gets intense whenever Brazil plays Argentina. (Maybe he’s just tired of hearing Decime qué
se siente so much.)
Chu also says that moving forward, some of the characters who have been underdeveloped will see some attention, and there will be a focus on Talon as well
There will also be further exploration of Widowmaker, and her tragic backstory
The Human Hating Gorillas on the moon, like the moon more than they do the earth. So they don’t want to come back down here
Revisiting the subject about who knows Reaper’s identity in the current timeline of Overwatch: “To clarify about the Reaper/Reyes thing, yes it is because they have not met in the ‘current day’ of Overwatch. The interactions in the game are meant to be what ifs. I do think that McCree would known that Reaper was Reyes if he encountered him.”
And finally, the answer to the most important question of all was never answered:
The world may never know.
The full AMA is right here if you’re interested in reading it.
internalized misogyny is so weird. even tho i’m a wlw, i find it harder to care about wlw ships than i do mlm ones. maybe it’s because of the relative lack of wlw relationships both in general media and in fandom. maybe it’s because female characters are generally so underdeveloped compared to male characters. maybe it’s because i came of age in fandom spaces, where straight women so often obsess over and fetishize mlm. maybe it’s because i figured out that i’m not straight using mlm fic to help work through my internalized homophobia. i wish that i had been exposed to more healthy wlw relationships from a younger age, and that media and fandom both cared about wlw more.
bigger brain: hating inception because nolan’s films are pretentious
expanding brain: hating inception because the female characters are underdeveloped and the film’s sheer potential and desperation to be memorable far exceed its actual technical and qualitative reach since nolan’s ability to write a third act is nonexistent
galaxy brain: loving inception because it’s fun and the hallway spins around
More fuel for the ‘humans are the weird ones’ fire: We are arbitrarily frightened of creatures which can’t possibly hope to hurt us.
When a human crewmate begins howling fearfully after a routine stop on Terra, designated guards can’t get there fast enough. What sort of horrifying beast capable of frightening the all-consuming, self-poisoning, oxygen-breathing HUMAN could have possibly made it past security protocols?!
And it turns out it’s a cricket.
“Is it venomous?! Is it flesh-eating?! Does it spray some sort of biological agent that eats away at your neural pathways?!”
“No, it’s just CREEPY! It landed ON MY NECK!! Someone get rid of it!!”
Once the aliens understand the phenomenon of 'creepy’, they’re even more confused. What makes it creepy? Why, in its innocence of living, does the lowly cricket inspire fear? It’s so underdeveloped by Terran standards; it doesn’t even have the mental complexity needed to experience pain!
And let’s not forget that these fears aren’t universal. Some of us are not only indifferent to the presence of 'creepy’ animals, we actively seek to surround ourselves with them.
“Human-Jacob, why do you seek the assistance of Human-Vanessa when you find a Terran snake? Can you not hunt it yourself?”
“Oh, hell no. I’m not touching those things.”
“Is Human-Vanessa a predatory subspecies? Is that what enables her to capture them more efficiently?”
happy star wars day! friendly reminder that marcia lucas edited the original trilogy and literally saved them from being a complete mess. these films would be nothing without her. it was nonsensical, with underdeveloped characters, and she worked tirelessly. she made them what they are, and gets no credit because she’s a woman, and she’s george lucas’ ex wife. so happy star wars day to marcia, the true unsung hero of these nerdy space movies 💓❤️
Where is Venus placed by zodiacal sign in your chart? Learn what Venus, the planet of luck, love, vision, expansion, and plenty, means in each sign of the zodiac.
flirt by being up-front, direct, and even daring
aura of innocent charm, even when they are being childish and impatient
addicted to the chase and the intense passions of the moment
possessive in love, and threatened by fast-paced, high-energy situations in the context of relationships
very physical lovers, with a great appreciation for scents, sounds, feels, and pleasing form
harmony and peace are important factors in the art and music they are attracted to
their tastes change often, and it can be hard to know what to expect from one day to the next
playful — some might even call them a tease
attractions often begin with words, as they tend to bond more readily on a mental level, but can keep a distance emotionally
predictable, sensitive, their egos are a little underdeveloped when it comes to love, but they have a lot to give in return: namely, security, comfort, and care
they pay more attention to your feelings than your words, and observe you carefully
always worried they’ll be left high and dry, if you’ve hurt them, they’ll have a hard time forgetting
they need to feel special, love is very important even in their physical expressions
loyal and thrive on romantic attention
high expectation about every relationship, threatened by indifferent or impersonal behaviour on their partner’s part
quite sensitive in love — even insecure — and this reserved, loner-like quality is part of their appeal
very observant towards their partner, pointing out the flaws and analysing every detail of their relationship
express their love through practical means and gestures
have a polished manner in love, which sometimes makes them appear insincere or superficial
have idealised images of how their relationship is supposed to be, always marriage-oriented
tend to seek balance in their personal environment, are quite picky
they possess you, and somehow make it seem attractive to be possessed
their emotion and intensity may seem overdone to those looking for a more lighthearted relationship
can be jealous of all of your attachments, but few will admit it
idealistic lovers who want you to appreciate their beliefs, visions, and ideals
when the going gets tough in their relationship, they have an overwhelming need to run away
romantic adventures, as well as a straightforward, even blunt, approach to love
their loner-like behaviour can be attractive, dark realists
conservative and willing to commit, ready to give and gain support
faithful to a fault, even after a separation they will have a hard time moving on, constant lovers
unique, rebellious, and provocative, attracted to everyone unusual
understanding is the most important component in a relationship, value lovers who are also their best friends
like to choose their terms when involved in a relationship, and this can be challenging for a partner, as their terms can be changeable, but nevertheless some of the most unselfish people in love, rarely clinging or controlling
sweetly playful, a little moody, and perhaps a little irregular, you won’t always be able to count on them
their sensitivity can be misleading at times, since they seem to enjoy it
they can be unreasonably attracted to states of suffering and martyrdom, so they easily get into the role of saving someone, or being saved.
Some things you might experience when you are still underdeveloped/haven’t faced your fears or grown from your 12th House.
Aries/Mars Symptoms: Shy or very passive, cries from anger/frustration, and doesn’t know how to deal with authority. Feels shame from anger or assertiveness, annoyed easily, hates disorder, fast driver, and could have gambling issues. Avoids, suppresses, or ashamed of sex drive and sexual desires.
Taurus/Libra/Venus Symptoms: Insecure about looks or material wealth/status, seeks approval, and is easily jealous. Changes themselves in every new relationship and can’t take criticism. Competitive with same-sex/dating rivals, and lies to themselves about love or admiration. Denies their feminine side and others’ feminine traits.
Gemini/Virgo/Mercury Symptoms: Never raises their hand in class, can be shy, and seeks out knowledge in private/secret. Can brag about knowledge and opinions and doesn’t want to know what others think of them.
Scorpio/Pluto Symptoms: Lack of assertiveness, avoids flaws or past trauma, hates crowds, desires to control environment, and has anger problems. Has jealousy issues, refuses to admit their fascinations, and has a secret manipulative side and secret side all around. Avoids, suppresses, or ashamed of sex drive and sexual desires.
Leo/Sun Symptoms: Humble to an unhealthy extent/low self-esteem, shy in groups, almost never leads, and has a timid vibe. Has misplaced loyalty, generosity and selfishness are unbalanced, and doesn’t always follow their heart.
Cancer/Moon Symptoms: Jealousy sneaks out, hides EVERYTHING behind toughness and/or confidence.
Has issues with their mother/parents or has serious blockage to their own nurturing side. Is unnaturally detached, feels uncomfortable taking care of others, and refuses to cry!
Sagittarius/Jupiter Symptoms: Always feels unlucky, blames their problems on others, lacks confidence, and fears change.
Avoids challenges, impatience is always bubbling under the surface, and hates public speaking.
Capricorn/Saturn Symptoms: Irresponsible, a show-off especially with material things, doubts their self-worth, and lacks purpose. Fears change, doesn’t do well with authority, there is a lack of inner stability, and is easily used.
Fear of failure controls everything, they can lack adaptability, and acts like a slow learner (likely isn’t).
Aquarius/Uranus Symptoms: Tries to conform, easily gives into peer pressure, is overly attached to the group or friends. Doesn’t do well with change, can’t stand rejection, and is easily lost in mind, emotions, and self.
Easily gives into temptation, dreads being an outsider, and trends and gossip can consume them.
Pisces/Neptune Symptoms: Addictive behavior, always seems to make wrong choices, and doesn’t trust self.
Intuition and logic are always battling, they refuse to admit vulnerability or that they love someone. Refuses help, can be unforgiving, and doesn’t bend but breaks with challenges.
Tricks self or lies to self, spiritually disconnected, and can’t handle loss.
Scorpio: *wonders why people lose interest in them* Scorpio: *realizes they never reveal anything interesting about themselves because they’re too secretive and don’t think anyone deserves to know it* Scorpio:
Parents have this twisted belief that anyone under the age of about twenty simply can’t know what love is, like the age to love is assessed in the same way the law assesses the legal age to drink. They think that the ‘emotional growth’ of a teenager’s mind is too underdeveloped to understand love, to know if it’s ‘real’ or not.
That’s completely asinine.
The truth is that adults love in different ways, not the only way.
Okay so I’m almost 100 pages into Persuasion and the Most Romantic Moment in Austen Canon that never shows up in any adaptations is when Wentworth quietly and efficiently removes a screaming toddler from Anne’s back, because when you think about it, at this point they can barely even talk to each other yet but she’s stuck in this regency gown that doesn’t let you lift your arms over your head or that far behind you so this kid is not coming off any way but by entreating his underdeveloped sense of empathy (because toddler), there was no give in the shoulders to pry him off at all, and Wentworth bails her out like what a Hero™.
RETROGRADE PLANETS [IN THE BIRTH CHART]: A retrograde action is a planet slowing down. In contrast to the velocity of the Earth, it appears to be going backward. No planet ever goes backward or leaves its orbit. It is always moving forward. The apparent backward motion of a retrograde is simply the loss of velocity. The Sun and Moon never go into retrograde motion.
Retrograde planets represent work that must be achieved in this lifetime because it was not accomplished or reconciled in a past life.
MERCURY RETROGRADE: A Mercury retrograde usually occurs every three months, so that there are three or four Mercury retrograde periods per year, each lasting exactly twenty-one days. When Mercury goes retrograde, if you were born during a Mercury retrograde, it is a time to really make contact with yourself. You will be inspired and moved to recognize your ideas and thought processes with clarity.
When a person is born with a Mercury retrograde, he has a communication problem. He can tell you what he thinks, but he can’t tell you what he feels. He doesn’t make contact with his emotions because Mercury blocks it. There is also difficulty communicating with the self.
VENUS RETROGRADE: If you were born during a time of a Venus retrograde, your inability to appreciate the self is obvious. You are unable to express self-love. You don’t know how to get what it is you want or how to satisfy the self. You must learn not to expect such things from others but, instead, develop them within yourself.
MARS RETROGRADE: The inability to act is created in a Mars retrograde. It is as though you have been victimized by others because you are not using your aggressive qualities correctly – you either don’t know how to be aggressive or you fear aggression. You water down your energies. This does not make for a happy person; it creates a person who internalizes his aggressions and anger. This is dangerous because a retrograde Mars can lead to brooding or nursing old wounds and, eventually, to health problems ranging from ulcers to anxiety. Angers that cannot be externalized wind up being internalized, which impacts one’s health. Retrograde Mars in a chart indicates the inability to displace its natural energy in a positive or productive manner.
JUPITER RETROGRADE: A retrograde Jupiter usually leads to an overbearing individual, especially if placed in the fourth house – it is a tyrant in that house. It creates an inability to empathize with others, which results in an insensitive and isolated individual.
SATURN RETROGRADE: Saturn retrograde relates to self-worth. The inability to judge oneself accurately shows up in a retrograde Saturn. Saturn, as a maturation planet, puts your self-worth into proper perspective. People who tend to place more importance on themselves than others will certainly learn the lesson – Saturn will restrict them until they balance their own worth with the worth of others.
URANUS RETROGRADE: For those born with a retrograde Uranus, the action of Uranus, which is slow, becomes even slower. The unique and unconventional quality of Uranus ceases to be because something is underdeveloped or undeveloped that must be caught up with. This creates the late bloomer, one who doesn’t readily discover his rare individuality.
NEPTUNE RETROGRADE: Neptune in retrograde is a humdinger. Neptune is a difficult planet, so in retrograde action the negativity of Neptune becomes prominent. Neptune has a depth that can be lifesaving; but when it turns retrograde, it goes underground and doesn’t resurface. All of the wonderful concepts, ideas, and creative forces that are generally in Neptune when it is well-aspected will produce irrational fears and anxieties when in retrograde position. These fears are considered irrational because they are usually not created within the context of this lifetime, but from past-life issues and unfinished business.
If born with a Neptune retrograde, it is necessary to maintain faith and courage in the face of all challenges.
PLUTO RETROGRADE: Pluto is generational. During its long revolution, many people will be born within each of its aspects. If Pluto is in retrograde motion, which it is for about six months of the year, half of the population will be born with a Pluto retrograde. This group of people is not necessarily going to act according to the rest of the group. These individuals will, sooner or later, stand out within that generation. They will either be famous or infamous.
Ada Aubin and June Rifkin, The Complete Book of Astrology
* Mars in the 1st/Mars in Aries: (men) you like submissive women and or men and someone whom you can dominate and conquer. The quickest way to arouse these males is by power plays. They like the idea of being challenged and sassed and “fought” so to speak they want to duke it out before they win the fight and an easy won fight can turn them off. So they tend to be drawn to the idea of earned submission from their partners. (Women) can be drawn to dominate and passionate men and like the idea of being conquered and tamed(seeing as how these women tend to be a force of nature) and usually they like the idea of “forced submission"The hair is a hotspot and hair pulling can be a common occurrence sexually here. Rough sex is a commonality and most people link mars in Scorpio to animalistic sex and I would say that’s more Aries mars natives.
* Mars in the 2nd/mars in Taurus(men) ideally these men love flesh they love the sensation of skin on skin and love and even romanticize the tender aspect of love making. They are usually aroused by their senses and tend to be easily aroused by “massages” and “rubbing” so to speak. You feel up on them in the right way(sensually) and you’ll have them going. Both guys and gals here tend to love a lot of touch in sex and need it to stay aroused. Women here are no different from the male counter parts and usually enjoy sensual stimulation and slow lovemaking. Both tend to hate being rushed no matter what house mars is resting in.
* Mars in the 3rd/mars in Gemini: “talk to me dirty” these males and females tend to be aroused by “communication” and anything they can visually and audio-bly witness. The enjoy sexting/nudes and sexual talk over the phone and in person. They have to be mentally aroused before they’re physically aroused and usually those two come in a pair so when trying to arouse these folks wordplay is keen sexual conduct! They tend to love communication during sex and like to hear all of the sounds you make as it make the act that much more intimate for them as mars here will tend to see communication as a form of intimacy.
* Mars in the 4th/mars in cancer: guys and gals here are all about vibes and tend to be aroused by emotional displays and emotional release and expression/connection. If any of these things are missing it can be super hard to turn these guys on especially since sex is super emotional for them and not something they can easily disengage from. So the best way to get them going is really to cater to their feelings. Not to say they can’t have casual flings but in all honesty it’s super rare that they do unless mars is afflicted as sex is a big matter for them. That being said breast and femininity turn them on(gay or otherwise) and touching as well as surrender arouse these individuals as it shows trust and intimacy.
* Mars in the 5th/mars in Leo: Mirrors-mirrors-Mirrors. They love to be worshiped and tend to be turned on by video recording their sexual endeavors! They like the idea of an audience mostly imaginary though. They are also towards the more dominate and “on top” role of things and males and women with this position are turned on when they have their back or the person their sleeping with has their back to them. Any position where they can be on their back and vice versa is appealing to them.The way to arouse men and women here is via worship and praise.(you know those bodybuilders that get off on muscle worship?) that’s I’d describe these guys. They lose their minds at praise and tend to be very lustful to the idea of being idealized and adored by their partner. Although the underdeveloped ones may be sexually selfish most tend to give out just as much praise to their partners when love making! But yeah attention is a turn on for them.
* Mars in the 6th/mars in Virgo: now I always hear about how cleanliness is a turn on for these folks and “oh my god the way you clean that counter makes me hard!” But I’ll be honest most I’ve known are very keenly attracted to “dominance” males tend to be sexually interested in being controlled or dominated or being the one enforcing the domination. Women can be drawn to more submissive and power surrendering roles as well. Masochist. Men can be easily aroused by “the first time” and innocence and the in experienced men/women. Women tend to like more domineering or forward male/female partners. CLEAN SEX is important to them and don’t even think they’ll take their clothes of if your hygiene is wild.
* Mars in the 7th: okay I’m doing this separately mainly because in my opinion people who have their mars in the 7th are way way different from mars in libra guys and gals. But for starters these guys and girls tend to be aroused by “passion” and “disputes” they actually act like Aries mars sexually and tend to find aggressive energy very sexually inviting. They usually are aroused by the idea of mutual arousal and mutual satisfaction similarly to mars in libra but in a more passionate way. Sex for them is a competition with their partner and or love interest and usually argumentative and willful sex is the name of the game. A battle of the wills so to speak. Women here can be turned on by a good debate and or argument. While men here can be turned on by disagreements and or confrontation. Sex here like libra is about mutual satisfaction.
* Mars in libra: these men and women are more on the passive side and may have a passive arousal pattern. Men here tend to be ambiguous in terms of what turns them on and can have varying triggers mainly based on the sign their venus is in which plays the role of their unconscious desire. For example a guys with his mars in libra and Venus in Scorpio may be turned on by genitalia and seduction via mystery and intensity. While a guys with mars in libra and Venus in Aquarius might be turned on by spontaneous sex or something on the border of kinky. Women here tend to be aroused by charm. They aren’t really aggressive or particularly into overly forward moves but once again as with the males Venus plays a big role here. But for the most part women like a bit of a more assertive taste sexually but not anything to cut and dry. Sex here is about mutual satisfaction in a peaceful and pleasure filled manner.
* Mars in the 8th/mars in Scorpio:(women) I’ve noticed women here aren’t aroused the same way men are. They tend to be more private and quiet about their pleasure and can be more into atmospheric means of arousal. These women are all about the scenery and the vibe. They are mainly aroused by the “situation” then the actual person. So as much as they like mr tall dark and mysterious they love the idea of the dimly lit room..the jewelry rubbing against their skin..the velvet sheets and so on. It’s all about textures for them. (Men) from what I’ve noticed are very much so turned on my the “moment” they LIVE for that one “moment” and the lead up to it. They can be very easily aroused by touch and perceived stimulation and or anticipation of a moment turning into something more. So if you intrigue them enough and give them the idea that something otherworldly(and or sexual) could occur via glances and movements and a small shake and jive here and there you’ve got them. Sex here is about control and how many ways you and them can lose said control.
* Mars in the 9th/mars in Sagittarius:👀"how many different ways can we experiment?“ These guys are super into the idea of trying new things and how many ways they can turn a mundane sexual escapade into an expansive sexual train so to speak 😭. (Guys) here are super turned on by excitement and a good time. Anything lighthearted and passionate is a turn o for them. Both guys and gals here are turned on by laughter and simplicity. There’s an edgy quality here that they are drawn to and that usually is intensity. Despite how lighthearted they may be they have a streak for being turned on by a lack of inhibition. (Women) here are turned on by passion and lust they like the idea of a uncontrollable sexual encounter that leads to a new awakening of sorts. The fast way to arouse these natives is “intrigue” like their opposite gemini they like the concept of being surprised and or having their curiosity peaked. So if you peak their interest in some way and overwhelm them with a passionate encounter and throw in some laughs here and there. Boom.
* Mars in the 10th/mars in Capricorn: “control me before I control you” these guys and gals are so military when it comes to sex like no lie. (Women/men) here can be into BDSM and anything where control is focal in the act. They tend to be aroused by moments and or situations where they can’t control themselves. Or situations where they might be restricted in some way from allowing themselves full sexual outlet. Men can be very aggressive and intense sexually and run on the colder side. Men here can be aroused by physical touch and physical intimacy while women can be turned on by dominance and touch as well. These guys are more vanilla sexually and into more traditional roles be it gay or heterosexual. (Mind you all earth placements have stamina but I’d say these guys take the cake)
* Mars in the 11th/mars in Aquarius:“mr and Mrs I’m not really here” these guys are kinda icy sexually and tend to have very fluctuating sexual moods. That border on hay lets go to hey let’s not. These guys are mentally sexual and can be turned on by the idea or concept of a sexual ideal. That being said they are very easily aroused and can be aroused by litturly anything. But that being said mentally they are turned on by communication and “mental visualization”(men) here can be cold and aloof in bed and seem hard to reach during the act but they are there trust me in fact sex is usually very deep for mars in Aquarius females and males they just process the act differently. (Females) can be emotionally gone or “blank” durning sex and can easily be somewhere else while it’s going on and seemingly in another moment of time. Both are usually turned on by the idea of sex itself but can vary on their emotional state and wherever Uranus is placed on how and when they would be aroused. These guys and gals run hot and cold and can sometimes be an entirely different person after the act is over as what they wanted in that moment sexually might be completely different and or non existent the next.
* Mars in the 12th/mars in Pisces: these guys and gals are mr and Mrs versatile. They are super fluid and a basic combination of all the variously mentioned mars positions since they are the last house and sign. That being said males and females here don’t have a specific gender archetype and I won’t be differencing between males and females for this one. They can be aroused by anything I’ve mentioned above and tend to actually need a strong emotional component and connection to their arousal as well. Sexually they can be very elusive and vague and may be so ethereal and fluid you won’t even come back from the sexual experience the same. They are extremely seductive and cloudy. So at times I call this the sexual fluid hot spot since many of the people I know with this sleep with guys and gals and guys and gals who seem to lose their own boundaries of sexuality when in contact with these people. That being said they can be either motionless and quiet in bed or very entrancing and moldable in bed like water there is litturly no in between. They get off on servicing the same way mars in Virgo does but via sacrifice. They actually fantasize about “losing themselves”
- Alright that being said this post isn’t meant to be taken to seriously and most of it is based on experience and stories from friends! None of what I said is set in stone nor is it something like a dis or shot at anyone’s mars sign or house placement. I really love all of you and I hope this post of anything gives you a laugh or maybe a little relatable aha :) but yeah bless 🎲🎲🎲
Ireland has voted to be the world’s first country to fully divest public money from fossil fuels.
The Irish Parliament passed the historic legislation in a 90 to 53 vote in favour of dropping coal, oil and gas investments from the €8bn (£6.8bn) Ireland Strategic Investment Fund, part of the Republic’s National Treasury Management Agency.
The bill, introduced by Deputy Thomas Pringle, is likely to pass into law in the next few months after it is reviewed by the financial committee.
“This principle of ethical financing is a symbol to these global corporations that their continual manipulation of climate science, denial of the existence of climate change and their controversial lobbying practices of politicians around the world is no longer tolerated,” Mr Pringle said.
“We cannot accept their actions while millions of poor people in underdeveloped nations bear the brunt of climate change forces as they experience famine, mass emigration and civil unrest as a result.”
Once enacted, the bill would force the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund to sell its investment in fossil fuel industries over the next five years.
In 2015, Norway’s sovereign pension fund divested from some fossil fuel companies, but not all.