Chakras are energetic centers in the body. Each one is responsible for different areas of our lives. They can become unbalanced by certain emotions and habits.
There are 7 main chakras. Each one has a color associated with it. Focusing on the color or wearing clothes that are the same color can also help you balance it.
So here they are:
1. Root Chakra (Red color) - Located at the base of the spine. When it is balanced, you feel grounded, secure, and safe. If it’s unbalanced, you may begin to feel anxious, fearful, lost in your thoughts, and even dizzy. It gets blocked/unbalanced by fear. Laying on grass, walking on grass, putting hands in the soil, and doing yoga are all great ways to balance it.
2. Sacral Chakra (Orange) - Located two inches below the belly button. When it is balanced, you feel joyful, creative, passionate for life, have balanced relationships, your feelings flow freely, and you go with the flow easily. If it is unbalanced, you might be stiff and unemotional. It gets blocked/unbalanced by guilt. Avoid that feeling at all costs by remembering that you are always doing your best with the information that you have. Dancing, having fun, making time for yourself, and doing what brings you joy are all great ways to balance this chakra.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra (Yellow) - Located about 3 inches above the belly button. When it is balanced, you feel confident and empowered. When it is unbalanced, you may feel insecure, not be able to say no when you want to, follow the crowd, and have very little self-discipline. It gets blocked/unbalanced by shame. To balance this chakra, I recommend consistently asking yourself what you actually want and doing that. Listen to your intuition.
4. Heart Chakra (Green) - Located in the middle of the chest. When it is balanced, you feel love, compassion, and work at creating harmonious relationships. When it is unbalanced, you feel cold and distant. It gets blocked/unbalanced by grief. To balance this chakra, I recommend sending love to yourself and others. You can do so by imagining bright light coming from your heart center and filling and surrounding yourself & them.
5. Throat chakra: (Light Blue) - Located in the throat area. When it is balanced, you have no problems expressing yourself and your words flow freely. When it is unbalanced, you may tend to not speak much and feel afraid to share what you have to say. This chakra gets blocked/unbalanced by telling lies. You’d be surprised how great things turn out when you tell the truth. To balance this chakra, I recommend speaking your truth, sharing what is important to you, and singing (alone if you are shy, haha).
6. Third Eye Chakra (Indigo) - Located between the eyebrows. When it is balanced, you can visualize easily, feel clarity, and have great intuition. When it gets unbalanced, you may feel confused easily, have frequent headaches, not be good at thinking for yourself, and rely on other people’s beliefs. It gets blocked/unbalanced by believing in illusions, such as all that exists is only what your current senses show you. To balance this chakra, begin listening to your intuition and meditate by focusing on the space between your eyebrows.
7. Crown Chakra (Violet) - Located at the top of the head. When it is balanced, you have an open mind, see that anything can be possible, that everything connects, and receive wisdom from various sources (such as spiritual books). When it is unbalanced, you might be rigid in your thinking and have many limiting beliefs. This chakra gets blocked by earthly or ego attachment. The best way to balance this chakra is to meditate. Of course, you can also get some spiritual books like The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle and Conversations with God. They can help open the mind.
Try tuning into your body and feeling where there is tension. You may find that it is in one of the chakra locations.
P.S. If your chakra is really unbalanced or blocked, it can also turn into a physical problem such as frequent sore throats (throat chakra) or stomach problems (solar plexus chakra). If you have any physical problems, you can look up which chakras they are associated with online and work on them.