Hetalia Superhero AU HCs/Details
Hetalia superhero AU headcanons and details because I just wanted to have everything in a neat post for reference. More details and characters will be added in the future!
Note: some of these HCs are ones that have been sent in that I’ve expanded on with doubleox515, or ones where people have added to my own HCs, so I’ve made sure to provide links to the original asks for those!
General AU details
In this AU, powers are a genetic thing and are somewhat feared/stigmatised by the government and society (kinda like in X-Men), but there aren’t any groups or organisations for those who do have powers, so most of the “superhumans” either try to remain undercover or become vigilantes.
- The city that this is all set in is run by a corrupt, elite group of people, consisting of powerful businessmen and the heads of local crime organisations (kinda like in Daredevil). They are separate from the government but pretty much control the operation and funds of the city.
- Powers generally develop between ages 9-14.
- The AU mainly focuses on the Nordics, but some of the other characters are in it as well.
The Nordics are college/university age - at the start of the AU, Emil is in his first year and the rest of them are in their second. Mathias and Lukas have known each other since childhood but have somehow managed to keep their powers secret from each other. Lukas’s mother recently married Emil’s father, making them step-brothers, but they still haven’t found out about each other yet. Mathias and Lukas know Tino and Berwald (although these two only vaguely know each other) from university. Managing class and fighting would be pretty difficult so they often turn up very tired or very sore.
All of them have undertaken vigilante activities at some point but have managed to avoid running into each other until one night when they’re all coincidentally tracking down the same person. Conflict ensues when they realise they’re not the only ones but all want to be the one to take the criminal down, resulting in a pretty big battle and all of them accidentally being unmasked, which is how they find out about each other and eventually team up.
- The Nordics are the first group of superhumans to successfully form a team - after hearing about them on the news and seeing them in action, other groups follow their example and form their own teams.
- The Nordics - and most other superhumans - wouldn’t have much access to special materials to make “costumes”, what with the lack of a superhuman “network” of sorts. They would more or less wear casual clothes while doing their vigilante stuff, but with masks on/hoods up.
- The AU follows a plotline.
- Main inspirations: X-Men & Daredevil.
- Mathias has fire manipulation/pyrokinesis. He can generate his own fire or manipulate existing fire. His abilities prevent him from being burnt, and fire only feels slightly warm to him.
- Lukas has “magic” powers, pretty much. He can generate energy blasts/beams, and the troll in this AU is a holographic combat avatar that he can conjure and use to fight, although it drains a lot of energy.
- Berwald can absorb the properties of (most) solid materials that he touches. He can transform parts of his body, like just a fist or an arm, or his whole body.
- Tino does not really have “powers” per se, but his senses and strength are slightly beyond that of a non-powered human. He’s an expert marksman and hand-to-hand combatant, and is also very good with knives.
- Emil has super speed. His top speed would be higher than the speed of sound, maybe Mach 2 or 3, but his average would be lower since higher speeds require more energy.
- Ludwig has the ability to change his skin into organic steel, like X-Men’s Colossus. In this form, he has superhuman strength and durability. Unlike Berwald, he can only transform his whole body rather than parts of it. He’s in a team with Gilbert, Elizabeta and Roderich. (from asks: x, x)
- Gilbert has the ability to mimic others’ powers, but only one at a time. He can only mimic the powers of those in the same room/within close proximity. (same asks as above)
- Elizabeta has flight and sound manipulation. Kinda inspired by Banshee from X-Men but instead of directly generating the sounds, she has to manipulate them instead, if that makes sense. She often uses her powers to magnify Roderich’s. (from asks: x, x)
- Roderich has something like hypnotic music (kind of like a siren). He performs (singing + piano usually) at various restaurants and other fancy places as a job, preferring to stay undercover. However, he gets indirectly involved in Elizabeta’s - and later the team’s - missions (albeit relunctantly), working behind the scenes and stuff.
- Eduard is a genius hacker with the ability of super learning who helps the Nordics out sometimes. He considers himself part of the team although they don’t since he’s pretty much useless in combat. Despite this, his assistance is still very valuable for missions where a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff is required. (from ask: x)
- Ivan has emotional manipulation. He can either project emotions onto everyone in a certain radius or specifically target one person. When he’s angry, scared or extremely upset, this ability often becomes dangerous as it can cause others to fall into the same state. (from ask: x)
- Irina has healing abilities. The extent of her ability encompasses most injuries that can be sustained while fighting, although more severe injuries can take hours to heal. (same ask as above)
- Natalya doesn’t have powers but she’s a skilled marksman and hand-to-hand combatant. These are learnt skills, as she’s had to keep up with her older powered siblings for pretty much her whole life. Her abilities are almost on par with Tino’s, even though he is superhuman. (same ask as above)
- Alfred has electricity manipulation, which has a variety of applications ranging from generating lighting to manipulating bio-electric currents in the body.
- Feli has clairvoyance, but only sees the negative things. As a result, he tries to have a more optimistic outlook on life. (from ask: x)
- Lovi also has clairvoyance, but only sees the positive things. He’s no longer amazed/surprised by positive events so he feels as though there isn’t much he can look forward to, as well as being slightly jealous of people caring about his brother’s abilities more. (same ask as above)
- Matthew has phasing/intangibility, the ability to pass through solid matter.
- Yao has shapeshifting abilities. He can transform into both people and animals; however, if he shapeshifts into a superhuman he does not get their powers.