Update on my upcoming school year...
- Our total enrollment is down to 170 from 298 because kids transferred out. They were given that option because our scores were so low.
- We have 30 kids in 5th grade right now. That means we’ll have 2 classes of 15 (or one of 16 and one of 14).
- The principal moved a K teacher up to 5th. Principal couldn’t hire anyone and K teacher was the only other teacher in the school with 5th grade experience.
- K teacher and I get along fine personally. Professionally, I’m a little concerned. She’s not very, um… energetic.
- I don’t want to do guided reading and principal wants me to go with this lesson planning format I hate. I told her if she didn’t make me do guided reading I’d really try with the lesson planning. She agreed. Win!
- I get to move from the smaller 5th grade room to the big one!
I’m nervous but I’m doing my best to get ready. Best of luck to everyone this year!