My mother had just died, and I had to walk a long way behind her coffin, surrounded by thousands of people watching me while millions more did on television. I don’t think any child should be asked to do that, under any circumstances. I don’t think it would happen today.
Heather, Heather, Heather, and someone
Heather, Heather, Heather, and a Duke
Heather, Heather, Heather—
Duke of Edinburgh, Duke of Edinburgh, Duke of Edinbuuuuurgh!
And one knows, one knows, one knows,
Crowns can be beautiful!
One rules, one smiles, one waves
And one gets one’s way!
Ask one how it feels
Lookin’ like a prince on wheels
Goodness me, it’s beautiful,
And when one’s beautiful,
It’s a beautiful frickin’ day!
Napoleon III capitulated to the German army in the Franco-Prussian War of 1871. France turned against him, and monarchy in general, and declared itself a republic. Napoleon III was exiled in Britain, where he spent his last comfortable days “writing and designing a stove which would be more energy efficient.”
- authors get royalties for books in libraries. They don’t for books from second hand stores or illegal downloads
- libraries stock dvds, cds, audio books video games and large print books
- if your library doesn’t have something you can reserve it for a fee of less than £1, payable when you can afford it
- libraries offer internet services
- libraries allow social groups to meet at them
- a library card costs £1