Fluttershy smiled and shook her head as she finished bandaging Rainbow Dash’s arm. “Well, I’m sure I’ll see her around. But honestly, Dash, it isn’t anything like that. We just went out for coffee.”
Rainbow snickered. “It sure sounds like you want it to be something like that, though.”
Fluttershy preoccupied herself with putting her supplies away, which conveniently required that she turn away from her childhood friend. “Don’t be ridiculous. Besides, I’m sure Applejack isn’t even like that.”
“Come on, Doc. She just happened to invite you for coffee when you were… what was it? Grocery shopping?”
At least Rainbow couldn’t see her blush while Fluttershy’s head was tucked away in a cabinet. “You make it sound like it’s the craziest thing in the world, but that sort of thing happens. We shop at the same store a lot, and we just happened to start talking one day. There’s really nothing more going on.”
“Uh huh.” Rainbow gingerly stretched her arm. “Then why are you still talking about her?”
Fluttershy turned around and frowned. “Because you are! Now, since we’re finished here, could you please get off my table? I might have an important client come in.”
“Yeah? What, you got a hamster scheduled to come in or something?” Rainbow asked skeptically, although she obeyed.
“At least the hamster’s owners would pay me.”
As soon as she said it, Fluttershy regretted the words. Rainbow’s cocky grin was gone in an instant, and she turned to look at her shoes instead of facing Fluttershy directly. “Look, Shy…”
“No, don’t. I’m sorry, I only meant it as a joke.”
It didn’t seem to cheer Rainbow up. “I’m working on something. I’ve got some dough coming in, I’m sure of it this time.”
Immediately, Fluttershy pursed her lips into a tight frown. “Something with Sunset?”
Rainbow winced. They’d had this argument before. “Yeah, but –”
“Where’s the money coming from, Rainbow?”
Rainbow hesitated, and it was all the answer Fluttershy needed. “Well, it –”
“Save it. And you can keep the money, I don’t want anything to do with it.”
Rainbow threw out her arms and took a step closer to Fluttershy. “What? No way! Come on, this is good news!”
“Nothing with her is ever –”
Fluttershy stopped abruptly as the door opened up. ‘Speak of the devil…’
Sunset Shimmer was wearing a serious expression that Fluttershy rarely saw on her. “Get yourselves looking presentable, we’ve got company.”
“Hey, Doc! It’s your hamster appointment!” Even if the nickname always irked Fluttershy – it was Sunset that started using it first, after all – at least it meant that Rainbow was back to a joking mood.
“Who is it?” Fluttershy asked.
“It ain’t no hamster,” Sunset said, scowling. “We’ve got a john snooping around?”
“Son of a…” Rainbow folded her arms. “Well, what’s he want?”
“She wants to speak with the owner. Told her I’d come get you.”
“You told her what!?” Rainbow shook her head in disbelief. “Sunset, we agreed to keep Fluttershy out of all this!”
Sunset crossed the room quickly. “Keep your damn voice down if you don’t her to hear you. And what was I supposed to say? ‘Yeah, she’s out right now but my friend and I are just loitering around her shop’? That’d go over real fucking well.”
“Dammit.” Rainbow turned back to Fluttershy. “Look, Shy, we’ll take care of it, just –”
“You two have done more than enough, thank you.” Fluttershy pointedly looked away from both of them. As she walked across the room to the door, Sunset moved out of her way without a word.
While she walked to the reception hall, Fluttershy tried her best to think of reasonable things to tell the police officer. Of course, that would be a lot easier if she knew what she wanted. How did she even get involved in… in whatever this was? All Fluttershy wanted to do was run her veterinarian clinic. Sure, people all too often refused to take a woman seriously as a professional, and she was barely scraping by on the few customers she did have, but she was happy with her lot in life.
But then Sunset came along. She didn’t know how Sunset and Rainbow had met, but it wasn’t too long after that Rainbow just up and quit her job. Fluttershy wasn’t sure what she was doing, but she knew whom she was doing it with.
And one day it just sort of happened. Rainbow and Sunset showed up, and they were hurt. Nothing serious, but bad enough that they went to see her about it. Although she hated the idea of Rainbow fighting, Fluttershy assumed that was all it was. They didn’t have the money for a proper doctor, so they came to her. But then they kept coming, and eventually, Fluttershy found that she just couldn’t keep lying to herself about it.
One more moment to brace herself, then Fluttershy walked into the reception hall. She may have been poorly prepared to face an officer, but she wasn’t at all prepared for what she found.
“Sorry to interrupt, but – Fluttershy?”
“Applejack?” They both simply stared at one another for a moment, before Applejack shifted to a warm smiled and Fluttershy began laughing. “I’m sorry, it’s just… well, Sunset said it was a cop.”
Applejack chuckled. “Well, not exactly. I’m a private investigator. Didn’t I say that before?”
Fluttershy froze in place, doing her best to maintain her smile. “No, uhm, you didn’t mention that.”
Applejack didn’t seem to notice anything was wrong. She grinned sheepishly and adjusted her hat. “Well, ‘fraid it’s true. So, got any ne’er-do-wells hangin’ about?”
Fluttershy was quite certain that her heart was going to beat itself to death against her chest. “No, I… why do you think that?”
“Aww, I’m just joking with ya! I know you’d never get caught up with anythin’ like that.”
“Oh, uh, right. Of course not.”
Applejack sighed and looked around the room. “Kinda a shame, though. I had a lead that a couple of suspicious characters were known to hang around this place. I had high hopes that this would be a break in a bootlegging case I’m workin’.”
“I certainly haven’t seen any, uhm, bootleggers.”
“Oh, I’ve got no doubts there. Heh, besides, a nice gal like you probably wouldn’t even recognize a bootlegger if ya did meet one!”
Fluttershy chuckled nervously. “Well, I, uhm, I’m sorry I couldn’t be more help to you.”
“Don’t worry about it.” Applejack reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a notepad. She scribbled something down, ripped out the page, and handed it to Fluttershy. “Here, just in case. It’s my number. You can call me if you ever do hear anything about somethin’ like that. Or if you have any other creeps givin’ ya a hard time.” She dropped her voice a bit and looked off to the side bashfully. “Or, you know, if ya ever just want to go grab a cup of joe again.”
Fluttershy looked down at the number, certain she’d never be calling it. “Right. Uhm, thank you.”
Applejack paused for a moment, looking like she was gonna say something, but then tipped her hat instead. “Alright then. I’ll see you around.”
“Yeah. Uhm, goodbye then.”
As soon as Applejack was out the door, Fluttershy collapsed into a chair. Barely a second later, Rainbow and Sunset were running up to her. “Did I hear you say that was Applejack?” Rainbow asked.
“That was… strange,” Sunset said.
“I’m gonna be sick…” Fluttershy murmured.
“Well… hey! Nothing bad happened!” Rainbow said. “And she gave you her number. See, she’s totally into you.”
“Rainbow!” Sunset snapped. “That’s not a good thing. Fluttershy doesn’t need to be involved with a copper.”
“Come on, she seems as dumb as a bag of bricks. And she’s totally blinded by love on top of it. Pretty sure Shy’s safe on this one.”
Sunset sighed. “Look, Doc, just take it from me, you don’t want to go messing with people like her.”
“And who should I be messing with?” Fluttershy snapped.
Sunset blushed. “I… I dunno. Just not her, alright?”
Fluttershy shook her head. She didn’t see why Sunset should care about her love life. “Forget it. But I think it’s time the three of us had a talk. Bootleggers?”
Rainbow and Sunset exchanged panicked looks. “Shy, I told you, you shouldn’t worry about us.”
“Zip it, Rainbow. Because if the next words out of your mouth aren’t the full story about exactly what you two are up to, then I swear I’m going to call Applejack and tell her I found a few ne’er-do-wells after all.”
Based on the 1930s AU that @pasu-chan started. About twelve hours ago. We went from nothing to fic in record time here, and I don’t know what that says about me lol
He called me over in our other class to talk about it. Twice. We chatted about the project but like, he was so cute and nice and complimented my stuff. And mom says I should break the ice and idk how to do that and helpppppp
Hi all! You know the deal. I write my thoughts in real time so anything I saw at the beginning that might be a mistake may be corrected by the end. This review will have anti-Damon, anti-Delena, anti-Steroline, anti-Bamon, anti-Bonenzo sentiments and will most likely have references to other shows and to the misogynoir, anti-blackness and racism in the narrative. If you do not like it, you do not have to read this. Are you ready? OK! Let’s go.
1. So I’m stopping a very promising Kdrama to watch this. The Kdrama is called Mirror of the Witch, I’m on the first episode and already there are more consequences in this drama than all eight seasons of TVD. So far it looks exceptionally dark and mean-spirited, I think it might actually disturb me. Anyway. It’s still entirely ridiculous that Cade’s last words are “Go to hell.” Like why? Also why would Stefan say, “You first”? Wasn’t Cade already in hell? Like didn’t he sort of create it? And now he’s just … dead? What was that dialogue?
2. I like how opening the door to Cade’s world will only destroy everything for “miles”, like that’s such a small scale, shouldn’t it be the end of the world if the devil is walking among us? Or is he not the devil, is Katherine the devil? I’m confused about the Hell hierarchy, you see.
3. Also I should mention I have a cold and I took cough syrup and it SAYS non-drowsy but last night I was knocked the fuck out so if I get a little loopy near the end, it could be that. Or it could be that watching TVD has finally addled my brain. Who knows.
4. They really do hype Katherine way too much.
5. Sorry, pausing because my cat is being extremely affectionate and I would rather play with her for a little than watch what trash this episode is going to be.
6. But now she’s on my keyboard. It’s like she’s trying to spare me.
7. The lighting in this episode seems to be darker than normal, I can barely see anything.
8. I think it’s funny that Caroline keeps waking up expecting to see Stefan and he’s not there.
9. Matt’s hair is SO stupid though. LIKE WHY.
10. I have it paused because the video is loading still but like seriously, he looks thoroughly unattractive like this and out of character I think Zach is pretty cute, so like ugh, why am I subjected to this.
11. Why do we care about Matt’s dad again?
12. Or his mother for that matter.
13. Like remember when she came to town and then made out with Damon and then they discovered Vicki was dead and she made out with Tyler? Or was Tyler first and then Damon? Either way, she’s messy af. The only interesting dynamic was her and Caroline and Elena. She’s pointless.
14. “That was a lifetime ago, things have changed since then” that should just replace the title of TVD. “Didn’t Damon kill your sister?” “That was a long time ago.” “Didn’t Damon kill your brother” “That was a long time ago.” And now apparently abandoning your family because of man pain and cowardice and immaturity is “a lifetime ago” too but oh no, Stefan was a ripper a literal century ago and we need to harp on it forever.
15. Real talk, I already feel kinda woozy but it’s fine it’s like being buzzed and it’s probably the only way I will get through this episode.
16. Why would Dorian agreeing to help them on how to get rid of the “Queen of Hell” be misconstrued as him being “cool” with Stefan though? Isn’t getting rid of someone who is supposed to be the devil Plus be in everyone’s best interest? Like whatever, it was just another chance to take a shot at Stefan. Transparent as fuck.
17. That red looks nice on Kat.
18. I like how Katherine is in this world, everything is supposed to be going to shit and Matt isn’t like “Mom, Dad, I hate you but you need to leave town because you could possibly die” he’s just like yeah fam, I’m rescheduling our awkward dinner date. Like lol. It would be more interesting if he didn’t give a shit if they died but this is just the writers being the writers. In Buffy, when the Mayor is supposed to devour all of Sunnydale, Buffy forces her mother to leave town and tells her if she doesn’t her presence will get her [Buffy] killed.
19. I love Stefan’s face when Damon says “she’s obsessed with Stefan” like BITCH WHO TOLD YOU TO TALK?
20. Why does it have to be a wedding though? It could just as easily be an engagement party or a rehearsal dinner, like sooooooooooo forced.
21. I mean, I don’t blame Bonnie for hating Stefan but Damon was responsible for killing Jeremy and kidnapping Jeremy, Enzo was responsible for suffocating Jeremy and she’s cool with both of them, hell she fell in love with one of them so I’m just like girl, I guess. The writers are ridiculous because it just feels like they don’t know the web they’ve created with these characters and understand that they’ve turned pretty much everyone into a hyprocrite.
22. And as a non-Beremy shipper, I still think Bonnie loved Jeremy more than Enzo and Beremy was a problematic af ship but at least some things were halfway earned, Bonenzo is pure dialogue, fam.
23. Oh and looks.
24. I don’t even know why Damon needs to tell Stefan that what happened to Enzo will haunt him like Stefan isn’t new to guilt. Why are they making it seem like this is Stefan’s first rodeo?
25. My video keeps fucking buffering. I might switch sites because I love myself too much to drag this out longer than I have to. Because I am only eight minutes in, that’s not gonna fly.
26. OK so everything is just buffering. I was supposed to have my data back, what is this.
27. Right now I have it paused on Damon. I really don’t get what anons mean when they tell me his arms are huge. Like I don’t see it.
28. WHO CARES ABOUT MATT’S MOM? What’s her name again? Kelly?
29. Is she dying?
30. She’s dying.
31. Oh she’s dead. Ish.
32. “Oh please don’t be mad at me, Caroline” that actually sounded like Stefan was talking to his mother.
33. Yeah this BE scene is giving me nothing.
34. Liz did a TERRIBLE job protecting MF, who are we kidding? And toasting with your rape victim about how her mother became your best friend and now her daughter will be your family is disgusting.
35. Lol yes use the SE necklace that Damon kept taking to give it to Caroline on her wedding day for Stefan because we’re ignoring how important that necklace was to SE, sure.
36. Seriously, Caroline looks at Alaric with more love than she does Stefan. Like just marry him, y'all are more compatible and have more chemistry than you and Stefan anyway. Like omg.
37. “I hope I get to see this one day with you and Elena” lol the FLATTEST delivery ever. Like do you even mean it?
Do you REALLY? Think hard, Stefan.
38. “I want to be a part of your happiness” I mean I guess. I don’t like Bonnie being arbitrary in her blame for Stefan but like can the girl be selfish and feel what she feels when she feels it for once? And indulge? Like??
39. I also find it interesting that Stefan and Caroline don’t have a private moment before the wedding, like I know this isn’t how we wanted to do this blah blah blah. They’re so segregated even when they’re together.
40. Do the writers not know of any alcohol other than bourbon?
41. The slow mo doesn’t change the deadened expression on Paul’s face, guys. Sorry.
42. Also Alaric’s speech is stupid, who becomes “family” with the people who have continuously terrorized your life and are responsible for the people you’ve lost? Like that’s when you see a psychiatrist because you have serious emotional issues.
43. “You saw light in me when all I saw was darkness.” WHEN WAS THIS? NO LEGIT WHEN? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW. Madly in love, you don’t even look madly in love, you look SO chill. OMG.
44. LOL bout you’ve been ready since you saw him at school. You were on his jock for one episode, then you onto Damon and were unfortunate enough to be his victim, then it was Matt, then it was Tyler, then it was Klaus, then it was Tyler then it was Jesse then it was Klaus then it was Stefan. Girl bye.
45. That SC dance looks SO AWKWARD.
LOL SLOW MO DOESN’T MAKE SHIT BETTER UNLESS IT’S ALREADY GOOD
46. Of course Matt’s dad isn’t dead. I mean he got stabbed when it was light out and now it’s dark but he’s still gurgling. Jesus. We met him THIS season, Julie, you can kill the irrelevant fucker off.
47. I don’t know why Caroline is STILL wearing the necklace.
48. HER NAME IS KELLY. I WAS RIGHT.
49. Why isn’t Caroline vamp speeding into the house?
50. Really? That’s your reaction to your kids potentially dying?
51. So like the smoke is having no effect on Bonnie?
52. And them siphoning her doesn’t hurt?
53. Caroline is legit calm when she thought her kids were dead for a minute.
54. LMFAO SO WHO ISN’T IN HELL? Vicki was in hell, Kelly was in hell, so like ERRBODY GOES TO HELL THEN? WHAT CRITERIA IS THERE? Like if I run a stop light do I go to hell because it’s against the law? What if I jaywalk or accidentally step on an ant or something? BECAUSE SERIOUSLY.
55. STEFAN WHY DON’T YOU EVER CHECK ANYONE’S PULSE?
Final thoughts: This episode didn’t enrage me like I thought it would, it’s just thoroughly ridiculous because it attempts to haphazardly rewrite history and Paul was such a lacklustre groom, like faaaam, those vows were horrible. And Caroline and Stefan are just so isolated from each other, like they don’t feel like a couple or a pair, they don’t feel like one, it’s so very cold. Kelly coming back with her daughter to destroy MF is like, I mean I guess, Katherine’s plan isn’t even original, Stefan was going to burn MF to the ground first anyway, like we’re seriously recycling plots in the same season too? This was actually laughably bad.
Coffee Luck Part 03 of ? (start here) - MakoHaru Barista!Makoto AU
The dorks finally met! After 500 years of not updating I finally got into making the third part and it’s a bit longer compared to the previous two parts hopefully that would make up for the long wait. OTL Pfft Makoto is so embarrassed he ended up sounding like a nerd. It’s okay, love. Until the next update! Also if anyone is up I’m open for commissions! :D