I saw a lot of stuff in my youth that I found to be scary, but these are things that will to this day give me goose bumps if I think about them in the middle of the night. So here we go; here are my personal top 4 animated movies/shows that scarred me as a child. 8D
The Groke - UGH!! The scene below in particular scared the shEATTT out of me as a child!! And Sniff´s Finnish screams did not make the thing any less terrifying. But today, having read the Moomin books and all, I think the Groke asa character is more tragic than scary. (ノдヽ)
The ghost in the light house - The mere memory of this scene can make me cry. Not those “I’m so scared” tears, but those “Just thinking about ghosts” tears, if you know what I mean. If anybody knows what that phenomenon is called then send me a PM, I would love to know.
The Simpsons (1989-present)
More specifically these two:
“Nightmare Cafeteria” - I loved the Halloween specials as a kid, eve though I might have been to young for them. But the story about the teachers eating the students left a very big (negative) impression in little me.
“Terror at 5 ½ Feet”. There was simply something absolutely horrifying about this little monster to me. I was genuinely afraid of it. But what made the whole episode worse was how nobody would believe Bart when he tried to warn everybody about it. This story gave me nightmares for years.ヽ ( ꒪д꒪ )ﾉ
The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
In this case it´s the opening scene that really got to be when I saw this back in the day. The creepy atmosphere, the music, the shadow fight, the silence after the battle, the little mouse girl’s cries for her dad, and of course, this mothafukka. I would always hid under my blankest when the movie started. (O_Q)
I saw this movie very few times when it came out, but the scene when Dr Jekyl transforms into Mr Hyde never left my mind. It was brilliantly animated and storyboarded, but maybe too well because I lost my shit whenever the movie got to this point. UVÄ!! Still gives me shivers!! DX
From what I can gather apparently my main fear as a kid was monsters of different kinds. That explians very well why I also hated “The Gremlins”. :o But today I would say that the paranormal (and fish) are the things I’m the most afraid of. :P
If you have your own horror stories to share then feel free to do so in the comments or make post yourself. Don´t forget to tag me in it so I can join the crying. ;D
Another sister-brother relationship in the cluster
While Will and Kala have more of calm, mature, grown up vibe; the dynamic between Sun and Lito is – small big-sister taking care of big little-brother
Sun is a fighter; Lito is not
Lito is good at lying; Sun is not
Lito is very dramatic; Sun is not
Sun doesn’t let out her emotions; Lito does
Lito can tend bar; Sun cannot
These characteristics prove how different they are, but at the same how much they need each other
Their dynamic is mostly Lito being dramatic and Sun reacting with ignorance which is funny and adorable – but we still can see that their relationship is based on genuine affection for each other
And I enjoyed seeing this balance between two characters a lot
Favorite moments in season 2 (spoilers)
2x07 I Have No Room In My Heart For Hate
Sun: I think I’m more confused than I was before.
Lito: There’s no easy answer, Sun. Whatever you decide to do…just know that you won’t have to do it alone.
– I LOVE this scene, just by seeing the whole cluster being by her side and supporting Sun. I thought putting Lito as last person to talk was great idea because he’s the first one to feel that kind of support from the cluster in 2x05 (*raise glass* to courage!)
– Also in 2x06, Lito shows his true-self to the world for the first time. Like what he says during his speech; he’s both scared and proud. He knows the weight of his decision, of his courage…and the risk that might follow; he knows how hard it is to make that decision. Still he knows everything will be fine because he’s not alone. So it was great to see Lito speaking based on his experience with such sincerity
– Who does not love this scene. This is why we love this pair, isn’t it? Lito being such a drama queen and Sun is being ‘ugh, here we go again. I’m so done with it’. We can literally read her mind by just looking at her face; Sun might be thinking ‘I already have a brother who’s been pain the ass for my whole life. The last thing I need is another pain-in-the-ass-brother from across the world’
– I can literally talk about this scene for ever and ever. I never get tired of these two. Another eye roll from Sun, but I thought Sun’s expression was not entirely being annoyed by Lito. It seems like although she knows Lito’s problem is probably nothing compared to hers, she has this soft side of hers that cares for Lito
– So she decides to listen to Lito, and then…here goes ‘shut the f-up, brother!’ I bet this was the first time Lito had someone saying ‘shut up’ in his face. Because I don’t any of his agents would have said harsh things to him, and Hernando would never ever say such things to depressed Lito. What a tough love, Sun XD
– But at the end of a day, Sun gives in and lets Lito comfort her. I’ve said in previous post about Kala & Lito [x] that they express out emotion/pain that others in cluster go through. It was really cute yet touching to see Lito comforting his big sister. And even though Sun seems still kinda annoyed by Lito, I’m sure she’s thankful for him :)
2x10 If All The World’s A Stage, Identity Is Nothing But A Costume
– I couldn’t get fine screencaps for this scene which was Sun sort of begging Lito to help her with bar tending, and this time it’s Lito who’s saying ‘NOPE, not now’ I loved how Lito tries to ignore Sun’s presence while Sun is desperate (and cute) for his help. On top of that, Sun helping Lito with ACTING? I mean who would have thought this would happen? lol
2x11 You Want A War?
– I don’t know if they did it on purpose, but anyhow, it was both surprising and interesting to see Lito being the first one to stop Sun from trying to kill Joong Ki. Maybe because, as I mentioned earlier, Lito knows the weight of hard decision…or maybe simply he doesn’t want to see Sun suffer after her revenge (although I think Joong Ki deserves painful death)
Whew, that was quite a long post. haha. I hope you guys enjoyed it. And if you have any question or interesting things about Sun and Lito dynamic, please let me know :)
Now don’t get me wrong I love SJM and I liked ACOWAR, but the more I linger on it the more stuff just frustrates me. It’s gotten to the point where I just get mad because I can’t stop thinking about them. So, without further ado, here are my critiques/complaints.
Get ready kids because here tf we go
- We never found out what kind of magic Mor has!!! Like are you kidding me? She’s named The Morrigan but we never find out why. Her magic is intrinsic to her character and yet was left out. There was all this hinting and it just came to nothing.
- Elain and Nesta never apologised for how they treated Feyre for goddamn years and yet here I am supposed to like these two people and care about them. Like no thanks.
- Not only that but they never had to deal with real consequences of their actions. Sure, they were kidnapped and turned into fae but that would’ve happened anyway because of Feyre’s relationship with Tamlin/Ianthe.
- I need a reason as to why Nesta loves Elain so so so so much and was a fucking bitch towards Feyre for so long. Feyre was the baby of the family. And I don’t take Feyre looking like their dad as an excuse. Nope. Not good enough.
- Lucien having a bloody last name. And then even better, Cassian teasing her about it when WE LITERALLY DON’T KNOW THE LAST NAME OF ANY FUCKING CHARACTERS RHYS INCLUDED AND HE HAS A GODDAMN POV. Give all the names or none of them.
- Speaking of said POV, was it really necessary?? Was it really needed to break out of Feyre for that minuscule part at the end?
- Remember that time Feyre had a namesake that seemed like it would become important? Yeah me neither since it was never mentioned again.
- I feel there was no real sacrifice made.
- The reunion scene just wasn’t good fam. There was no slow burning passion like in acomaf, and (this one is probably more opinion) it was just a bit too animalistic.
- Feyre being concerned about the bond showing her scent but never just asking Rhys if it would or not?? Like pretty sure he would bloody know. And was she really planning on being there that long that it would become an issue? I think not.
- Her father (another character without a bloody name) just comes out of bloody no where and it’s so sudden and stupid and ugh I need backstory. I need an explanation. This one I will admit though could be cleared up with a novella.
- Speaking of hearing more story, WE NEEDED TO SEE THE OUROBOROS SCENE. THAT WAS SO IMPORTANT, AND WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT CHANCE FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. There were so many scenes that just did not need to be in the book (VANSERRA I’M LOOKING AT YOU) that could have been sacrificed so that this could’ve been included.
- I love SJM, but I’m just gonna say it. ACOWAR didn’t need to be that long. There, I said it. I’m going to go crawl into a pit now.
- Jurian, Miryam and Drakon take time out of fighting a goddamn war full of their soldiers dying to have a chat. Probably not the time for it dare I say.
- I’m just gonna say it again, but there was no real sacrifices in this book. Sure, Rhys died, but he came back five minutes later. Go full V Roth or go home. (Just kidding love you Rhys) (but like actually tho)
- Now this is a weird one but bear with me, there is literally so many ellipses in this book. Go open to a random page. 9/10 there’s probably one or multiple there.
- There’s going to be conjecture on this one but I think there was too much smut. Now God know’s I’m here for it, but a lot of it just didn’t serve a purpose in ACOWAR. Like any scene that is written, there needs to be a reason for it. Maybe it would’ve been okay if the book wasn’t as long, but it was huge and it just didn’t need to be.
- We are made to believe that the fae are immortal, right? And yet Feyre comments about how she meets a fae that has aged. So are they just creatures that age really really slowly?
- That dumbass death bargain. Did they even think? What if one of them dies and they don’t have an heir or someone to leave Velaris to. You don’t get to choose your closest relative, and Rhys could just as easily pass his powers to Keir then he could Mor or literally any one else. And going with the above point on how ageing works, does this mean that Feyre could prematurely die hundreds of years before she should?
- As my final point, I’m just going to say her editor really let her down on this one. Her deadline should’ve been longer, had more revisions and plotting/workshopping, and she needed to have a tighter leash when it came to a word count.
And as I said before, I did like ACOWAR!! I just felt like it needed a bit more refinement. I still gave it 5/5 stars, I will still read anything in this world that I love so much with the characters that I adore.
I might add some more later, these are just the ones I can remember right now.
-ok so i saw logan again because i couldnt stop thinking about it since friday when i first saw it
-ive had a deep sense of loss and emptiness since then and i still do
-this movie is so fucking heavy man but it really is so revolutionary for the superhero genre
-17 freakin yrs of hugh jackmans wolverine and patrick stewarts professor x and theyve never failed me
-but wolverine was my main mans since i was 6 so i feel so hurt losing him like this. The child in me felt like it died w him fuck
-logan I have to peeee
-whenever laura jumps on someone and like flips then and kills them is so fucking dope like yas gurl fuck it up!!!
-i just still really love how they made him feel just so human and go beyond his mutant characteristics
-he feels broken hes hurt he takes care of charles he turns to alcohol and has thought deeply about suicide. Like that is some real shit and i love how they showed that instead of perpetuating the idea that all he is is an invincible killkng machine
-“i know pop” i love when he refers to charles as his dad
-im just a huge fucking sucker for great parental figures or relationships that parallel it.
-their dynamic is so tragic and funny at the same time.
-charles’ alzheimers?? is heartbreaking and also so real minus the powers
-calling logan a disappointment ugh
-pierce is still sexy af tho like damn ur a piece of shit but also fuck me
-i just love logan so much and his dynamic w laura and how similar they are like i know shes his daughter but still im not sick of it
-calling the academy a special needs school lmao. Love the banter and every scene between them at that house
-charles telling logan to stop and feel for a sec
-charles waking up feeling shittty bc “he had the most perfect night and didnt deserve it” bc he remembered:(((
-logan didnt even get to hear that from charles damn it
-fuck x24 man rip charles im so sad logan telling charles it wasnt him just to assure him bc he rly does care
-laura holding his hand afer buryin charles <333
-you just cant take shit… lmao
-and when she finally talks… that scene is just too perfect
-DONT HIT ME.
- hes just so much more than just wolverine and its hilarious bc hes acting like any person who would when they find out they have a kid and are thrown w the tasking of caring for them
-what else did charles say? To not let you die… UGH SOBBING bc foreshadowing
-i suck at this. bad shit happens to people i care about …. I CRY UGH
-THEN I WILL BE FINE… laura fuck me up with that comeback
-WHEN HE SCREAMS AND SHE KNOWS /SEES HES THERE COMING TO THEIR RESCUE
-FATHER DOING FATHER THINGS JUST RLLY MAKES ME SO HAPPY AND TEARFUL
-okay and then the obvious parts his death scene… hurt just as much if nit more this time around and i still cried
-“so this is what it feels like” FUCKKKJK and then she calls him daddy
-then she quotes that movie and then turns thecross to an X LIKE HOLY FUCKKKK I WAS ABLE TO STOP SOBBING FOR A QUICK SEC THEN SHE DID THAT AND I WAS RUINED
-new generation of mutants bout to fuck shit up baby!!
-ugh I NEED A LAURA KINNEY X23 FILM ASAP ROCKY
-i will miss hugh jackmans wolverine and patrick stewarts professor x so much but it really was an incredible swan song!!!!
-hugh jackman is also my daddy tho fuck
-i could see this a hundred times and itll fuckin ruinme eachtime thank u
I know there’s been hundreds of these done before, but I just wanted to share my opinion on the highlights and lowlights of the new 2017 live action film (WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVED AND WILL BE SEEING A SECOND TIME), upon looking at all the comments and criticisms I’ve seen either through youtube videos, critics, and scrolling through tumblr.
Cons/scenes that confused me:
- The opening number was not as magical as it could have been. I can’t describe exactly what–it just wasn’t as impactful as a number as the original - The library scene was not as much as a big reveal. It felt so casual and rushed into–but I really liked how it was such a surprise in the original version - I feel like Emma Watson could have put more emotion into her singing. I mean of course she can’t top Paige O’Hara but still, I feel like sometimes her soul wasn’t as into it (probably tho because she’s not a musical actress) - Why the townspeople ganged up on Belle to ruin her laundry–is teaching a girl to read considered that big of a sin??? seems like a bit of a stretch - I really wanted the proposal scene to happen where Gaston gets rejected, maybe not entirely the same, but just simply something that would outrage Belle more than the conversation she had in this version - “Gaston, you are positively primeval” was not included - “No one says no to Gaston!” was not included - “Every last inch of me’s covered in hair” was not included - The way Emma Thompson sang BATB wasn’t as great as it should’ve been. A lot of times she sang it slower than the actual tempo to the point where I felt like she had to catch up on the song and it sounded off. I appreciate her trying to sound different from the original but it was getting a bit excessive - No one questioning why Belle was wearing a ballgown upon being missing for days and being held captive by a beast - Why Belle called Gaston a monster??? I mean, we as an audience know why, but Belle had no previous knowledge of the monstrous things Gaston had done and the only thing he’d done to her is act like a bigot and vain - Was I the only one who thought Beast didn’t look hot?? i mean, i liked the gentle vibe he kinda had in the original, but in this version, he’s too much of a hybrid amongst human and beast which kinda creeped me out at times - Mrs. Potts’ & Chip’s animation was a bit odd to me–despite the Prince wanting the most extravagant of items–their design wasn’t that beautiful or appealing to me - Belle keeping the rattle that her mom kissed when she had the plague is dangerous, isn’t it? - The castle crumbling when the last few petals fell from the rose made no sense–like it’s not like the castle totally fell apart when the last petal fell - Though the transformation scene was wonderful, I had wished Adam or Belle had said something to make the silence less awkward and make the moment more romantic - The ending scene was nice with the finale song, but I feel like they should’ve done something that tied up the film, I was looking forward to a finale kiss between Belle and Prince Adam but they just danced and it just kinda ended??? there was no impact there
- The close-up shots of Belle when she sings her solo part in ‘Belle’ was done beautifully - Belle’s reprise and the infamous ‘Sound of Music’ scene was some great cinematography - The deeper father-daughter dynamic between Belle and Maurice. They added a lot more depth to this character (kevin kline made him funnier and more endearing :”) ) - Belle’s voice sounding more normal throughout the film compared to the autotuned versions released in trailers & online (i was really going in with low expectations of her singing due to what was previously shown but it sounded fine in the movie???) - Belle’s “Ugh!!!” after the thought of being Gaston’s wife - Belle’s costume changes; giving her boots vs. flats, hitching up the side of her skirt so she could run more freely and ride horses, adding pockets to store her books, etc. - ALL THE PLOT HOLE FIX-UPS (every time they explained something new i was like OHHH THAT MAKES SENSE NOW) - Having more scenes showing the Beast’s character as well as seeing more of the chemistry with him and Belle - All the new original songs blew me away. Once again, Alan Menken is a true legend. - Evermore was so essential and I’m so glad they decided to give Beast a solo song (i always wanted to hear one from him, and it gave me Phantom vibes which was BONUS) - Character development with LeFou - All of LeFou’s lines (i cracked up every single time) - Golden cast. - Dan Stevens and his facial expressions, acting through his eyes, how he poured his heart and soul in evermore. - Luke Evans was literally Gaston brought to life. The voice, the looks, the charm. I also liked how he was a bit darker in this version. - Josh Gad brilliant once again, I lost it at “It’s never gonna happen ladies”
- Ewan McGregor gave a refreshing retake on Lumiere and his singing was great! - “The East Wing, or as I like to call it, the ONLY wing” - Maurice admiring Lumiere and Cogsworth as the two argued who he was referring to once he left - DIVERSE CAST - Interracial couples. - The song ‘Gaston’ blew me away. It was better than the original. - Visually stunning scenes throughout. - Beast saying they should run away together (my heart melted when he said that) - BE OUR GUEST GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS. DID NOT DISAPPOINT. (i was really nervous about them messing it up but it gave me the thrills just as the original) - How this movie really tugged on my heartstrings and I cried 6 times throughout the whole 2 hours. - Belle singing ‘How Does a Moment Last Forever’ was beautiful - “Too touristy?” - Beast - Beast trying to protect his masculinity when he was caught reading a romance - All the passionate stares between Belle and Beast throughout the film - EVERMORE. - The ballroom scene was breathtaking. The ballroom set itself was–dhlsdkfhdsk - Beast/Prince Adam’s mother being his sun (insert sobbing) - The mob song was also done better than the original. (OMG BUT LEFOU’S LINE THO–) - The way the beast screamed “BELLE!” was heart-wrenching - The transformation scene was powerful, Dan Stevens was beautiful. That kiss tho–right in the feels. - “Turn back into a clock. Back into a clock.” - The Finale ver of Beauty and the Beast was lovely, the new lyrics added in were just the perfect finishing touch as well - BELLE’S WHITE DRESS WAS STUNNING. - “How would you feel about growing a beard?” *GROWLS* (me: dies) - LEFOU FINDING HIS SOULMATE + FIRST DISNEY GAY REP. - Everyone dancing together (instead of everyone just awkwardly watching Belle & Adam dance)
- Yep, one of the best episodes of the series. Call me dramatic, whatever. But in my opinion, it was. The story was constantly moving and I loved that. That is all I need to classify a PLL episode as good. And, combined with answers.. they had a formula for success. I wished I recorded myself watching it because I genuinely had a smile on my face from start to end, and two particular reveals got a great reaction out of me. Even the romance scenes I appreciated. Ugh, such a good episode! So many feels. Happy, intense, OMG, frustrated, emotional.
- Well… after this post, you know where I’m off to… my unanswered questions post! Finally I get to cross off more! SHOUTOUT TO US TUMBLR FANS FOR THEORISING EVERY SINGLE ANSWER WE GOT TONIGHT WITH 100% ACCURACY!!
- I don’t know how you guys did it, but theorising that Ted is Charlotte’s father… what the hell! I always dismissed that theory. I thought it was too out-there. But it happened! I was sooooo shocked. I thought Ted was just a random guy from the church that liked Ashley. End of story. Apparently not end of story! Loved it. There is no way they had that planned all the way back then. I really do think that Ted was brought to the show just to be a love interest for Ashely. Then they created the Charles story and realised “oh shit, we need a male to be Charlotte’s father. Lucky we made a character like Ted!” I refuse to believe they intended to use Ted for more than just a pastor in love with Ashley. Anyway, not that that matters. I’m happy with this answer.
- Last week I complained that PLL has severely lacked good production since the dollhouse episodes; production in the sense of unique camera angles, music, etc. Well today they finally returned to its glory. The ending scene was so good and dramatic with the music, that camera angle where Ali finds her hidden puzzle piece and also when Mary steps out from behind the door to reveal herself with Ted… little things like that, I appreciate.
- The reveal that Lucas knew CHARLES… wow!!! OMG!! I actually said “no fucking way” for once in a few years in PLL. They’re going somewhere with this. Lucas built that board game, he is an app developer and has the resources/money.
- Another reveal that made me actually throw my blanket off and sit up… when they actually SHOWED that scene from 4B of Mary creeping up on Spencer!! We all kind of guessed that it was Mary in that scene, but to actually SEE the writers SHOW US that link very explicitly rather than let us just guess… it was AMAZING. I hope the series finale is like that, where they actually SHOW us past scenes like that, rather than expect us to make the links. Such a good scene, learning the backstory behind that.
- Mary killed Jessica. I knew it! I was not shocked one bit. But hey. After 7 seasons of this craziness, I am totally happy to take logic over shock. “Sydney killed Jessica!” like no. Get lost. Zero logic. Mary killed Jessica, yeah, I’ll take it!
- People are probably disappointed that it was Sydney under the hoodie… I told myself it’s not AD so I was expecting someone like that. I was happy with that.
- Aria going dark.. I’m all in. But please don’t cause a massive divide in the group. The small divides it causes now is fine, but I don’t want to spend the final 6 episodes with the girls pissed off at each other/Aria.
- Amongst all the storylines going on, they still managed to have scenes relevant to Archer. Thank god! See, that’s what we want. Forget the ping pong, and just keep us updated on other side mysteries like that. We don’t have to solve the side mystery, but just keep mentioning them in the ‘filler’ scenes. That’ll keep us going until the finale.
- I thought finding out who killed Jessica, and that Ted is Charlotte’s father, would be enough for this episode. Nope, they revealed what we’ve all been thinking since August last year! Emison fans on Twitter telling Marlene to go kill herself: fuck off. NEVER wish that upon anyone. As if I’m actually saying that. I know Emison fans are really passionate, and rightfully so, but chilllllll. Spencer said it very well: they are feeling violated. Emily isn’t saying “yippee, let’s have a baby Ali!!” Yes it’s controversial, yes it’s diving into areas of rape, but don’t tell a woman to kill herself.
- Not gonna lie. I did laugh at AD’s hoodie talking to Aria. The concept was cool but it looked far too fake. This show never is good with visual effects and stuff like that (*cough* CeCe watching the girls in the window in 610 *cough*)
- Shoutout to Paily. I really enjoyed their scenes. All of them. I was a shipper of Paily during season 4 and so this brought me right back to those good old days. Paige has barely smiled since she came back in 7B so it was so good to see her be happy for once.
- There was one thing that someone said that really made me think Spencer has a twin!!! I can’t remember what it is! I’ll rewatch later in the week and update you all.
- Thank god Ezra is being dismissive of Nicole. I mean, it’s sad for Nicole, but at the end of the day and putting realism aside, just get lost Nicole. Ezria is endgame and you’re just making PLL fans frustrated.
- Next week’s promo!! Directed by Troian!!!!!!!!!! Wren’s return!! “Every theory I come up with leads back to you” is Furey hinting towards a Spencer twin? Not that he knows, but if all his research keeps pointing to a Spencer, it’s only a matter of time before he finds something? It is in 2 weeks but I’m so happy because it means the finale is pushed out to when my uni exams finish!
- 9/10. I can’t give it 10/10 because I’ve forgotten what a perfect PLL episode feels like. It’s been way too long. Maybe this is what a perfect PLL episode feels like? Again, I can’t remember. But it’s up there!
- Sorry this is long, but hey, 6 to go. Need to summarise it all and it’s better than sharing thoughts all over the place with scattered messages. Compare this to 712, which never even got a post!
Here it is! I almost forgot this was ready, just waiting to be posted. Hope you like it!
being too polite. That was awful.”
holding auditions would be stupid. You made me waste the whole week on this.”
that you couldn’t skip class to jerk off to whatever weird shit you’re into, Saeran…”
before I’ll break this pretty face of yours, Zen.”
on guys, let’s not fight right now, we have bigger problems right now?”
right, nobody met our expectations, we still don’t have a vocalist and the
festival is in less than a month…”
really ask Rika to come back? “
to V about this. She’s still recovering.”
From her diva tantrum?”
don’t even start, please…”
that! Is she still sensitive because she realized she’s not that perfect and
she doesn’t have her boyfriend to cover up for her anymore? Come on, I can’t be
the only one thinking about this! Saeyoung, some help here?”
don’t have a vote here, I’m just the DJ, or at least that’s what she said…”
that as a help. See? That girl has a major diva complex!”
don’t talk about my cousin like that, please.”
you’re pretty sure by now you shouldn’t be listening to this conversation. What
were you even thinking? Coming here was a stupid idea, entering by the wrong
door was a stupid idea, even considering this audition was stupid! Mental note:
never let yourself be hypnotized by a pair of dreamy eyes! That is how you
mother got pregnant, right? You giggle, your mom is pretty funny when she’s not
running away to follow her frustrated dreams from her teenage days…
found one more!” you’re taken aback by this redhead guy pointing to you behind
the curtains. Shit! “Aren’t you a little late?” he asks playfully.
lost.” You say, trying to avoid his gaze. “Anyway, I’m going now…” you try to
turn your back on him, but he grabs your hand and leads you to the stage.
“W-wait, I… I don’t…”
shy! Hey, guys, look what I found!” he points at you in a exaggerated way. Did
he really just call you a “what”?
six pairs of eyes staring at you. Five guys and one girl look at you curiously,
as if you were some kind of alien or something.
your name?” the brunette one asks without any expression in his face or voice.
MC, what are you going to sing?” the brunette puts his pen on a paper waiting
for your answer. He’s… scary, he looks like a teacher.
okay, this was a misunderstanding. I was… I was trying to find the magician
club.” Is there a magician club? Shit! Why can’t you even lie properly right
magician club has meetings on Wednesdays.” The blond one states and smiles
sweetly, oh… maybe this one is nicer.
like the magician club is cool, Yoosung.” The silver haired one scoffs, gaining
a glare from the blond one. “Are you lost, sweetie? Maybe I can help you…” oh,
wait! This one you actually know, he was in the musical theater club too, what
was his name again?
he goes again…” this other redhead groans and mutters, giving quick annoyed
glances to you. Oh… so this one next to you and that one are twins, okay.
Let’s focus. What are you going to sing?” the girl finally says something, she
looks more patient than the brunette one, but she is also pretty intimidating,
and her haircut is cool!
“I… am not
going to sing. This was a mistake. I should get going…”
scared? Don’t be! We won’t bite… well, maybe I will, but that can wait…” the
redhead with glasses wiggles his eyebrows looking at you. “Haha, I’m just
joking! You should see your face right now…”
scared and I’m going! Sorry for taking your time, this was a misunderstanding.”
already here, why don’t you sing?” the brunette says, looking at you, you can
see a little annoyance on his features.
“I… I can’t
sing. I don’t know how.”
do! I know you! You were on the musical theater club! I remember you, quiet
weird girl sitting in the back just doing backing vocal… do you remember me?”
how could you forget Zen and his brutal honesty?
“So you can
sing!” the blond one says and everybody stares at you again… that was stupid!
That was so fucking stupid of you!
“I can, but
I… I… look, this was stupid, okay?”
shit!” the redhead without glasses scoffs.
me?” you ask, did he interrupt you to make fun of you?
hiding, listening to our conversation, then pretends you’re all innocent and
shy when we catch you and keep lying to us even when we already know you’re
lying! Come on, this is very stupid.”
with Saeran. This already took too much of our time.” The brunette one says,
everybody look at him surprised and nod. Oh, you get it, he’s the leader, and
the redhead there is pissing you off!
you’re not going to sing because you’re a scared little girl, just go away
scared! And you’re really rude, dude! Go get laid and release all this puberty
stress!” oh no, you didn’t! Everybody looks at… what’s his name? Saeran, right?
But you look to the other twin still by your side.
“I tell him
the same every day, can you believe?” he says to you, smiling.
oh… he’s… red, he’s blushing. You broke the little punk wannabe! Okay… this
satisfied you more that you would care to admit.
you’re not scared, will you sing or do we have to waste more time?” the
brunette is the only one who didn’t show any reaction to your little argue with
“Why do you
keep talking about time? Do you have somewhere to go?” you ask. Jesus! You won
one, you can’t be risking yourself like this.
still waiting for you to sing.” See? You knew you wouldn’t win twice on this.
enough. I’ll make you forget the place you had to be.” You just hear some uhhhs
from Zen and the nice redhead, and the brunette smirks at you:
what you got.” Is that a challenge? Interesting…
get out of here. This is about to catch fire.” The redhead jumps out of the
name is MC and I’ll be singing ‘I’m the Greatest Star’ from the musical Funny
a musical theater audition…” the brunette is still smirking.
said what kind of music I should sing. Does anyone here oppose to me singing
this one?” everybody nodded negatively,
you noticed the girl looked a little excited, did she like the song or was she
happy to see the band’s leader losing his control over them?
so I won’t oppose either. Let’s hear it! Do you need any support? Yoosung can
play the piano or Saeyoung can give you a base.”
acapella.” Since you already made tons of stupid decisions, why not add one
“Do as you
please. Saeyoung, the lights.” So the nice redhead’s name is Saeyoung, and he
promptly lights up the stage, you feel a shiver as you can’t see any of their
faces right now…
you’re ready, sweetheart!” that’s Zen’s voice, you notice how excited he is.
your eyes, take a deep breath… and your voice come out.
“I got 36 expressions, sweet as pie to tough as
leather, and that’s six expressions more than all those… Baltimore’s put
together… Instead of just kicking me, why don’t they give me a lift? It must be
a plot! Cause they’re scared that I got… such a gift? Well, I’ll nift!”
about this song is that she has a lot of variations disguised as this little
humor gimmicks, so… yeah, it wasn’t the greatest choice to an audition for a
band, but hey! You’re having fun! Yes, this is fun, this is… natural, somehow.
And the fact you can’t see their faces make you feel like it’s just you against
the lights in the whole world.
smirking, as if he knew about this hidden treasure before all of them. Yeah, he
just refuted the fact you couldn’t sing because he knew, he can trace talent
even if it’s hidden behind a secondary role on a musical theater play. And as
soon as you stepped in that stage, he knew exactly who they were about to deal
with… well, at least musically, he had no idea that quiet girl could be
that…spirituous. Confronting Jumin like that was bold, and he likes bold girls…
hypnotized. You look and sing like an angel, it’s so different from Rika, but
the sweetness and this expressiveness are the same. Also, you look a little
intimidating at first, but he’s pretty sure you’re very sweet and nice, he
noticed this at the moment you smiled at him and the little fact about the
magician club. Also, nobody that sings like that can be less than adorable,
yes, h barely knows you, he already adores you.
If this was
a cartoon, Jaehee’s eyes would have dollar signs in it. You sing well, you have
a cute face… maybe they can sell tickets or get some gigs with you and finally
make some profit out of this… hobby. Also, she loves Funny Girl, what an
interesting choice… you’re… interesting. She’s curious about you, and she
rarely gets curious…
smiling, he was rooting for you the minute he found you backstage. He can’t
explain, he just… liked you, he wanted to know what you were up to. Was that
whole scene part of your number? You’re such a drama queen, he loves it! Yes,
he’s already thinking about the costumes he can put on you, you will look so
cool and cute… also, you made his brother blush, you’re already his favorite
person in the world. Even if you don’t join the band, he wants to hang out with
mad. You were so sassy, he doesn’t like sassy girls, he was rooting for you to
sing really bad, but… what the fuck? You are actually great!? Ugh… just
remembering the way you defied him make his blood boil. Stupid little
talented bitch… and you’re cute too?
UGHHHH, you’re trouble, aren’t you? You’re making him feel troubled.
still smirking, he just needed this confirmation on something he knew from the
moment you confronted him: it was you. It had to be you, no one else. “ So this
is the girl V warned me about, interesting…”
do you think the books were bad at showing how much adam cared for ronan or do you think people are just bad at picking it up?
this is an interesting question and i’ve been turning it over. i think mostly the second part, but a dash of the first in a couple of specific ways. the sad truth is that, as society is right now, directly addressing characters’ non-straight sexualities is like… necessary in fiction. i’d love to see less stories about “but i’m a GIRL and she’s a GIRL oh no!!! what ever shall i do!! this is the only concern lgbt+ people ever have” and more stories about girlfriends/boyfriends fighting evil, accidentally inheriting a billion dollars, traveling to different realms, etc, but…… stief’s vision of a world where ~sexuality doesn’t matter~ is different from reality, and her choice not to address adam’s bisexuality head on lead a lot of stuff surrounding p*nch to be like: could adam POSSIBLY like ronan BACK? but he liked blue?????? 2+2 = 6? and i mean, i hate that this is true– picture me, A Bi, slapping myself in the face going “stop oppressing yourself”– but their dynamic throughout the series would have read as more obviously romantic if one of them were a girl. they’re deliberately placed together by the narrative (and like….by maggie obviously lol) throughout the series with a lot of important character moments hinging on one another, etc, but. unfortunately i was still kind of ?????? about some things because a) i wasn’t really involved in fandom and didn’t know until later stief had confirmed it as canon and b) i’ve been burned before and c) again, stuff about sexuality and representation in fiction, etc (i’m sorry anon my brain is fried)
I’m so glad Matthew Lillard is in the new Twin Peaks. I’m not somebody who even has favourite actors, but like. Ugh. Matthew Lillard, man. He’s great.
He has one of those rubber faces that’s practically genetically engineered for comedy acting, and so I absolutely adore seeing him in horror films. There’s just something so incredibly sincere and captivating about his inability to pull off a subtle facial expression in those scenarios.
I sincerely and wholeheartedly think that my entire sense of humor was based off of that scene in Scream where he’s bleeding out on the phone and he’s like, “Did you really call the police? My mom and dad are gonna’ be so mad at me.”
Like, all I did as a kid was watch Thirteen Ghosts over and over again because I simply could not get over watching him try and convince Adrian Monk and Rah Digga not to fuck with a giant glass house full of ghost portal devil magic.