Parent Adam and Belle Headcanons
- Belle holds off on telling Adam she’s pregnant for the longest time, because she wants to be sure. Eventually, she can’t decide on how to tell him, so she keeps putting it off until Adam notices she’s acting strange.
- Adam: “Are you okay, you’ve been acting very agitated lately”
- Belle: “No, I’m fine”
- Adam: “I know when you’re fine, and you are not fine”
- They get into an argument, and Belle lets it slip that’s she’s pregnant without even meaning to. Adam goes completely silent, with pure shock and joy on his face. Adam asks if she’s serious, and Belle answers of course she’s serious why would she lie about this? Adam goes silent again, taking it all in. He then finally rushes up to her, picks her up, and twirls her around in his arms.
- When they announce Belle’s pregnancy to the royal court, some of the nobles are all “oh have you chosen a nanny/governess?” and Adam and Belle are like “um wtf no?”
- Both Adam and Belle eventually (and begrudgingly) relent when Cogsworth insists they hire a governess because they’ve become so tired they’re falling asleep at the dinner table. Still, Adam and Belle take every possible opportunity to see their children.
- About a month before the birth, Adam suddenly becomes very nervous about parenthood. The shadow of his father looms over him, as well as what happened to his mother. Belle reassures him that he’s not his father, and could never be.
- Belle gives birth to twins: first a boy, then a girl.
- Adam is pacing the hell out of the floor outside the room in nervousness and anticipation. (”It’s not supposed to last this long, is it?”). Cogsworth tries to calm him down, but it doesn’t work. Finally, the physician exits comes out to deliver the news. Adam rushes into the room, overwhelmed at the sight of Belle, and his new children. He starts crying, and Belle starts crying at the sight.
- While Adam and Belle are decisive about their son’s name, they’re less so about their daughter’s. Adam wants to name her after Belle’s mother, while Belle wants to name her after Adam’s. They eventually come to the consensus that the girl with have both of the mothers’ names, and Adam relents, letting Belle decide which order they will be.
- Adam rivals Maurice with his overprotectiveness. Belle has to remind him not to worry constantly. Even so, he’s worried that one little mistake will make him like his father.
- Belle and Adam take turns readings to their children at night (and sometimes get into playful competitions over who tells the best bedtime story). They also sing to their children. All the time.
- The family often go on walks in the gardens. Belle usually recites a passage from the book she’s been reading. One morning, she recites from Romeo and Juliet, and Adam gives her a look and says “you’re not trying to convert the children into loving that, are you?” and Belle just laughs and continues to recite, and Adam can’t help but love it because dammit it sounds so good when she says it.
- Their children get Expensive Educations™.