Can you feel the love tonight?
With Valentine’s Day next week, I decided some romance-inspired prompts would be fitting. No villains in this one - I am shocked at myself. Happy writing hopefully! <3
1) “Ugh, I wish friends could go on Valentine’s Day dates. They always have the best prosecco and cake deals - look at that, it’s so cute! And they give you candles.”
“…do you want to go on a Valentine’s Day date with me?”
2) The ritual was supposed to summon my soulmate to me. I didn’t expect you.
“Bastard’s trying to prove he can out-romance me by giving me the best Valentine’s Day ever.”
“Why is everything always a competition with you two?”
“Competition implies he gets to win. Can you help me pick out a wedding ring?”
4) A flight, two trains and a taxi later, she stood outside her girlfriend’s home. The door had barely opened before she found herself flat on her back in a flurry of bags and excited limbs, being kissed senseless in the sunshine.
5) There were candles everywhere.
“Are you having a date or a bloody seance?”
“Long distance relationships are hard.”
6) The touches started lightly, a whisper of fingers across the curve of a spine, the promise of lips against a throat, the flutter of hands at hips. You were entirely mine.
7) “I am so sick of being in love with you.”
8) “What is this?” The servant’s voice had gone hoarse, looking at the spread of food, the clean room, the…gift. Their heart pounded.
“I know I don’t often act like I…appreciate everything you do for me.” The prince looked devastatingly earnest, one hand warm on his servant’s arm.
“You called me as useless as wet paper yesterday.”
“And I stand by that opinion,” a smirk tugged at the prince’s lips. His hand squeezed. “But you’re occasionally tolerable. So.” He nudged the servant closer to the table.
9) “Oh god, you must be freezing.” She was yanked closer, hands rubbing her arms.
“It’s - it’s fine.”
“Here, take my coat.”
The coat was blissfully warm, delightfully soft, and she melted. And realized exactly how close the two of them were now standing.
10) “You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.”
“No pressure there, then.” But it was hopelessly fond.