Probably not an exciting update to anyone else but me, but I FINALLY, finally managed to get my character model into the game (I finally figured out what the problem was – it kept importing with holes everywhere, but I fixed it!). I feel like I’m going to keep running into hurdles with importing animation too, but this was a pretty big problem solved for tonight.

So here’s what she’s look like in game! Though hopefully slightly more lively c:

Student Health Center opens gender neutral bathrooms

University of Kansas LGBTQ group will be converting some bathrooms on campus to gender-neutral for Trans Awareness Week.

“You’re in the wrong bathroom.”

As if Long couldn’t come to the conclusion on their own if that was indeed the case.

Long identifies as gender-queer, meaning they don’t identify as male or female, and prefers to be referred to with the pronouns “they” and “them” rather than “he” or “she.”

A thoughtful respectful article that uses the right pronouns for a genderqueer identified student.


First adventures in UDK. So far the worst part has been making the lightmaps for the props, but after a LOT of scrounging around I found the best way to make them.
Here you can see the universal castle wall shader that I made, 3 tiling textures including a grime layer. I also have a similar, but very simplified, version of this on the trims shader. Turns out you can have multiple materials assigned to one mesh. Had I known that before I would have been much further ahead and less confused on how I was going to approach this.

All for school, I’m the only one learning it in my department. Shame, should be a standard. That, or CryEngine. I’d be happy with that too.

A lot of props are unfinished, I’m aware of the under-roof.