Donald Trump on Wednesday ordered construction of a U.S.-Mexican border wall
and punishment for cities shielding illegal immigrants while mulling restoring
a CIA secret detention program as he launched broad but divisive plans to
reshape U.S. immigration and national security policy.
draft executive order seen by Reuters that Trump is expected to sign in the
coming days would block the entry of refugees from war-torn Syria and suspend
the entry of any immigrants from Muslim-majority Middle Eastern and African
countries Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Libya and Yemen while permanent
rules are studied.
than a week into his presidency, Trump has moved aggressively to put his stamp
on a range of policies, including steps to gut the healthcare system devised by
his predecessor, and make clear that as president he is not turning toward more
moderate positions than he took as a candidate.
directives on Wednesday signaled a tough action toward the roughly 11 million
illegal immigrants already in the United States, most from Latin America, whom
he already has threatened to deport. (Reuters)
a look at protests in response to President Donald Trump’s executive orders.
30 QUESTIONS… THANK YOU VERY MUCH @novaexpress93 FOR TAGGING ME,
1. NICKNAME: Stoney
2. GENDER: Male
3. STAR SIGN: Cancer
4. HEIGHT: 5′7″
5. TIME: 9:40 am
7. FAVORITE BANDS: I have very eclectic taste in music from classical symphony to rap with a strong emphasis on early rock and roll from the 50′s and 60′s. (I danced on American Bandstand a few times back in the day.) If I was forced to pick one band it would be difficult but I’d probably land on Cream.
8. FAVORITE SOLO ARTISTS: It would be easier to list who I don’t like. Again if I was forced to pick just one it would be Etta James (At Last). But the list is huge and includes almost every genre of music.
9.SONG THAT STUCK IN MY HEAD: Just yesterday and it’s playing in the back of my head like theme music in a move…Losing My Religion by R.E.M.
10. LAST MOVIE I WATCHED: Cannot recall name. Horror movie on NetFlix about Christmas. Elves turning into zombies. It looked hysterically funny in a twisted sort of way, but it was just twisted not funny. LOL
11. LAST SHOW I WATCHED: John Oliver Last Week Tonight
12. WHEN I DID CREATE MY BLOG: March 2012
13. WHAT I DO: I had a public opinion market research company for 34 years. I am retired now. My wife and I spend a great deal of time traveling.
14. LAST THING I GOOGLED: Some statistics on the amount of federal income taxes paid to the U.S. by illegal immigrants. (It’s over 11 million by the way.)
15 .DO YOU HAVE OTHER BLOGS: No, I do have a Flickr account but rarely use it. I have a Twitter account Instagram as well.
16. DO YOU GET ASKS? No but some wonderful messages from folks and a few regular conversations with some wonderful people who’ve I never met face-to-face.
17. WHY DID YOU USE YOUR URL? Never to old to learn. I just turned 70. I think that reinventing yourself, keeping up with the changing times and evaluating your ideas periodically keeps you evolved, young and progressive. So I live to learn.
18.FOLLOWING: I follow almost everyone. Occasionally I have a follower who promotes ideas that I don’t want to endorse, so I do not follow them. And porn does not disturb me, but I don’t follow most people who only post porn.
19. FOLLOWERS: I learn from the photographs of my followers, and I love reading the prose and poetry of others. It’s a pleasure to be a part of this community and everyone who follows me or reposts one of my photos is important and I thank them sincerely.
20. FAVORITE COLORS: Green
21. AVERAGE HOURS OF SLEEP: 7
22. LUCKY NUMBER: 3
23. INSTRUMENT: My biggest regret is not learning an instrument. But I’m hell on guitar playing Rock Band :)
24. WHAT I’M WEARING: Probably a pair of cargo shorts, comfy t-shirt and sandals.
25. HOW MANY BLANKETS? 1
26. DREAM JOB? No way…I’m retired
27. DREAM TRIP: It’s always the next one that I’m getting ready for. (August spending the month in Italy and Sicily. Leave in late Sept for a photographic safari in Tanzania that includes spending a few days in Zurich, Nairobi, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Frankfurt, Germany)
28. FAVORITE FOOD: I could be stuck on a island with good bread, olives, cheese and wine…and be happy.
29. NATIONALITY: All of my grandparents came from Italy.
30. FAVORITE SONG NOW: Mother-in-Law by Ernie K. Dow (I know you never heard of it.)
I am not nominating anyone but if you follow me and care to do this…give me a nod!
There are 11.3 million people in the U.S. who have immigrated illegally. And as you have probably heard, the presidential candidates have different opinions about how to handle them. Most notably, GOP frontrunner Donald Trump wants to deport them.
The federal government didn’t know how to handle the influx, so they detained these women and children in three family centers: two in Texas; one in Pennsylvania. Today there are more than a thousand people in these centers, waiting to know if they’ll be allowed to stay in the country.