positive things i associate with the Hogwarts houses pt2
- knowing someone is wrong in a conversation but not correcting them because its minor and you don’t want to embarrass them in front of the other people you’re with
- finding that one pen that writes exceptionally well and using it whenever u can
- the new paper smell
- “can you actually read that fast?” yeah, i can.
- lying on the ground when u have a lot of stuff to do
- “cleaning” but just getting distracted by either nostalgia or stuff you forgot about or reading parts of books you find
- extremely passionate, can talk for hours if able to about things they enjoy and love and equally enjoy listening to someone talk about something their passionate about too
- stubborn, but only because the things they’re stubborn about are the things they know a lot about
- always has music on, no matter what. in the car, in the kitchen whilst cooking, in their bedroom, necessity whilst cooking, even sometimes while studying. The only time they aren’t listening to music is when their sleeping
- the friend that knows a lot about really random topics of conversation like facts about American presidents or mythology
- looking for your glasses while wearing them
- taking a nap on your pile of clean laundry on your bed instead of putting it away
- “oooh are you reading this right now i hear its good!” i am reading it! I’m also reading this one, and I’m half way through the one over there.
- lots of water bottles everywhere
- fuzzy socks
- full hugs, not side hugs or ‘i barely know you but hi’ hugs, i mean their specialty is a two armed full tight hug
- a lot of people consider them a friend even though they may not realize it, or be very close. they give of a trustworthy vibe that makes people feel comfortable and enjoy them as a person.
- the friend that always remembers your birthday, probably even the first one to wish it to you.
- not having to do anything
- the sigh of accomplishment after completing something you’ve worked hard on.
- the patient friend, willing to explain things that are new to someone, or teaching something new.
- the friend thats a low-key badass. ex: has the perfect roast for someone in the group chat (without crossing comfort levels), will call people on bullsh*t if they’re being rude or disrespectful to someone in the conversation, has overwhelming fiery passion inside them and is more than happy to pour it into someone else but will absolutely shut ignorance down if anyone tries to sh*t on their passion.
- shaving your legs and telling anyone you’re comfortable with to feel them
- “you have a lot of books” what gave it away? my hundreds of books in plain sight
- the smell after it rains
- the ride-or-die friend. will do anything for their friends. being best friends with a Slytherin is the best because they will always be there for you and vice versa. DO NOT give out the title of ‘best friend’ easily.
- the friend who remembers all the small things about you like, what your drink order is, or your favorite side dish.
- the friend that always seems to have everything you may need, nail file, gum, phone charger; you name it they’ve most likely got it and will of course let you borrow it
- the friend thats the most up to date on current fads like clothing or even food, but their specialty is social trends, they may not follow them, but they know whats up.
- honesty is the best policy. they give it and it’s best that you give it to them as well because they’re smart and if they don’t already know that you’re lying (if you are) than they WILL find out.
- being busy. the stress free kind of busy where you’re being productive and getting what you need to done, you’re ahead of schedule and things are good.
- the friend that has a strong sense of preservation. meaning that if a Slytherin says ‘thats a bad idea’ or ‘this is going to end badly’ they’re probably right. they’re run the different outcomes through their brain.
- the feeling of brotherhood. comradery.
- sharing earbuds when u find new music & can’t wait
- “oh I didn’t know you liked to read?!” “haha yeah i do” i love it so much i would literally follow pennywise into the sewer if he bribed me with quiet time and book.
- flying down the stairs christmas morning
- Devoted friend. Will always be there to help you or provide moral support even if it’s been awhile since you’ve last talked.
- being stubborn but always opening to listening/discussing why they should see it another way if you disagree.
- team accomplishment. maybe you worked on a project together, or had a good debate. but that feeling of having been productive alongside another person
- feeling energized in the morning. even if it’s not anything too crazy like going on a morning run but just waking up well rested and ready for the rest of the day
- trying something new, with a good outcome whether it’s food, new clothes, a new hairstyle, just that feeling of somethings new, i like it.
- the friend that doesn’t give a single shit about the rules if they believe the rules are unfair.
- will almost always verbalize their feelings if it is important to them, usually being when someone starts talking sh*t about someone the gryff is friends with
- pride. pride in themselves, in their team. their group of friends. their work. their past accomplishments. pride in their futures.