brooklyn nine nine is really good to us when it comes to friendships, because every character has such unique friendships and bonding scenes with the others but i dont think we talk about rosas and charles friendship enough because damn:
- we start the show with charles being head over heels for rosa, who is clearly not interested
- rosa tells him, very clearly, that she thinks hes sweet and really likes him as a friend but shes not interested in dating him
- it takes charles some time to get over her, but he does!! apologizes for being weird and making her uncomfortable!! and they go on having an incredibly strong and close friendship!!
- at one point charles even takes a bullet for her, which could have led to the whole “just give him a chance” trope but nope b99 doesnt do that bs, they talk it out and they never end up together
- they are so close that charles even helps rosas bf to plan for her birthday because he knows her so well!! she loves it!!
- rosa asks charles to be her bridesmaid because they are so close and she knows charles would love that!! he does!!
- charles plans her the best bachelorette party and rosa absolutely loves it!! she gets so excited she literally lifts charles up from the floor??
- sometimes between working cases they go to have foot massages together?? that was so cute??
- charles helps rosa text her boyfriend?? because shes not that great at pickup lines?? how cute??
- the writers could have easily opted to go with the “less attractive man falls for his way hotter coworker whos not interested but ends up giving him a chance because he is nice (and wont stop pestering her)” trope but instead we got this beautiful beautiful brotp
You know, you were always my hero, but I think I’m finally starting to see you for who you really are: A regional airline pilot whose landings are bumpy as hell and a pretty selfish guy who genuinely doesn’t care about being a dad. Look, I’ve been making excuses for you my whole life, but you’re a pretty crappy father, and until you’re ready to be a good one, don’t call me.
‘f you’re a Trekkie blogger that posts a lots of good Treks (which is to say any and all of them) and has a positive outlook about the shows, especially the new Very Disco, could you possibly hit like or reblog?
My very first fandom love has returned from exile and I need approximately 1701% more Star Trek on my dash because there is still insufficient Star Trek on my dash