What is a Witch? A witch can never be truly defined. It is a broad term used to describe a variety of people each of which follow their own paths with no two truly alike.
Types of Witches
Kitchen Witch: (Cottage witch, Hearth witch) Works mainly within the home. Cares for the house and the family inside it. Prepares the meals and adds there own special magick to it. Provides the home with protection and keeps the house clean.
Green Witch: Works with nature. Includes working with plants, nature deities, herbal remedies, earth, crystals, and faeries. Incorporates nature deities in their craft such as Pan, Demeter, Epona, Gaia etc.
Eclectic Witch: Creates their own practice based on information and traditions borrowed from different practices and religions in. In order to create a path that works best for them. (Make sure you are not stealing from closed religions!)
Elemental Witch: A witch that works with the elements (water, earth, fire, air) in their day to day practices.
Hereditary Witch: Awitch that is born into a family of practitioners. They create and continue their families rituals and ceremonies. They commonly have a family grimoire or book of shadows that they pass down through generations.
Sea Witch: A witch that uses the sea and its materials in their practice. Gets their power from the seas energy. Incorporates shells, salt, saltwater, driftwood, etc into their practices. Works with deities such as Poseidon,
Njörðr, Neptune, etc.
Solitary Witch: A witch who prefers to practice on their own.
Faerie Witch: Someone who works in peace and harmony with the Fae. They take great care of their garden, place offerings out for the Faerie, and make them feel welcome and at peace.
Cosmic Witch: One who works with the stars, moon, sun, etc.
Urban Witch: A witch that lives in the city and uses the objects they find for their practice. They come up with creative ways to garden on there small patio and store things in the little space they have.
Pop Culture Witch: A witch who incorporates characters and ideas from movies, TV shows, and books into their practice.
Science witches are basically witches who incorporate the scientific method and ideology into their craft. In my experience no science witch is alike since each individual has their specific idea of how the relationship between science and magic works. A large part of being a science witch seems to be the belief in the placebo effect in relationship between the spellcaster and the spell.
Science witchcraft is kind of a blurred line between the laws of science and the known universe and the realm of magic and the laws we can’t see. We believe in the possibility of a crossover between the two and embrace it and use it to our advantage in our craft. Taking into consideration the effect science has on the magic we are using and sometimes crediting the spell result partially to magic and partially to science - sometimes even considering the same thing. -This definition is from @drinkthemoonlight, Very appreciated, Thank you so much! -
Druidism: A Celtic, nature based religion that works with Mother Earth.
Wiccan: A religion that follows it’s own set of rules and guidelines. Such as the three fold law and “hurt none and do what ye will.”
Pagan: A religion that works closely with nature and it’s deities.
This list barely covers the different types of witches but it is all I can think of for the moment. I will be updating soon.
types of marvel fans i have seen on my dash during my time as a marvel fan
really love loki to a disturbing degree. probably joined around the time the first avengers movie came out. are rare nowadays but you occasionally still see one and cringe a lil bit but u do u fam
think the winter soldier is one of the greatest films ever made. would literally take a bullet for bucky barnes
people who enjoy steve rogers (just kidding, this is everyone)
people who are in love with our lord and savior peggy carter
people who are in love with our other lord and savior sharon carter
the guardians of the galaxy-ers. i'm pretty sure they're high like at least 40% of the time when they're not making fantastic edits
the Tony Stans™
the deadpool fans. interestingly probably the most respectful of the bunch
the comic book fans. always good for a good movie/comic comparison thanks guys
the fraction!hawkeye fans. would die for kate bishop and think clint barton is A Mess™ (he is)
the Netflix Fan™. the only people capable of being adults here
never in my five years on this site have a seen an exclusively thor blog. but they must be out there. they must
people who have seen uncle ben die like three times too many. stop making origin stories for spiderman
people who needed the black panther movie yesterday (just kidding, this is also everyone)
people who would let natasha romonov kick them in the face
people who do not enjoy brucenat (just kidding, also everyone)
- There are all types of love in this world but never the same love twice
- Her philosophy is carpe diem for herself and laissez-faire for others
- Personality is an unbroken series of sucessful gestures
- It was only a sunny smile, and little it costs in the giving, but like morning light scattered the night and made the day worth living
- The world only exists in your eyes. You can make it as big or as small as you want
- So we’ll just let things take their course, and never be sorry
- I don’t want just words. If that’s all you have for me, you’d better go
- It was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life
- It’s not a slam at you when people are rude. It’s a slam at the people they’ve met before
- I don’t ask you to love me always like this, but I want you to remember. Somewhere inside of me there will always be the person I am tonight
- I wish I have done everything on earth with you
- Things are sweeter when they’re lost, I know because I wanted something and got it. It was the only thing I ever wanted, and when I got it, it turned to dust in my hand
- Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss
- I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you find the strength to start all over again
- There are only the pursued, pursuing, the busy and the tired
- The loniest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly
- A woman should be able to kiss a man beautifully and romantically without any desire to be either his wife or his mistress
- And in the end, we were only humans… drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness
- For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be
- Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall
- Everybody’s youth is a dream, a form of chemical madness
- The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function
- It’s funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you
- Live the full life of mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of unusual
- Life is essentially a cheat and its conditions are those of defeat: the redeeming things are not happiness and pleasure, but the deep satisfactions that come out of struggle
- I’m a romantic: a sentimental person thinks things will last, a romantic person hopes against hope that they won’t
- You are the finest, loveliest, tanderest and most beautiful person I have ever known - and even that is an understandment
- There’s something between us; a sort of pull. Something you always do to me and I to you
- Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before
- Why don’t you tell me that “if the girl had been worth having she’d have waited for you?” No, sir. The girl really worth having won’t wait for anybody
- Genious is the ability to put into effect what is in your mind
- Nothing is beneath you if it is in the direction of your life
- It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit
- Faithless is the he that says farewell when the road darkens
- A men that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short-cut to meet it
- No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly
- You can only come to the morning through the shadow
- The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began… Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must follow if I can
- May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks
- Even the smallest person can change the course of the future
- All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
- Long ago certain truths… were discovered and must always reappear
- Do not trouble your hearts overmuch with thoughts of the road ahead. Maybe the paths that you each shall tread are already laid before your feet, even though you do not see them
- It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door. You step onto the road and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no telling where you might be swept off to
- I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are evil
- I am looking for someone to share in an adventure
- A single dreams is more powerful than a thousand realities
- The greatest adventure is what lies ahead. Today and tomorrow are yet to be said. The chances, the chances are all yours to make. The mold of you life is in your hands to decide
- I will not walk backward in life
- In life there be can be no victor, for death comes to all and smites them
- The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost
- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us
- I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone
- Do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory… Love only that which they defend
- Living by faith includes the call to something greater than cowardly self-preservation
- There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for
- There is nothing like looking for something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were looking
- Courage is found unlikely places
- How do you move on? You move on when your heart finally understands that there’s no turning back
- If more of us value food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world
- Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I’ve found. I found it is the small things. Everyday deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay
- It is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life
- Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate
- May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out
INFP: You like someone who can’t like you back because unrequired love can be survived in a way that once required love cannot (~Will Grayson, Will Grayson)
ENFP: We need breve be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken (~Looking for Alaska)
ISFP: As long as we don’t die, this is going to be one hell of a story (~Paper Towns)
ESFP: I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend (~The Fault In Our Stars)
INFJ: You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking how you’ll escape one day. And how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going. But you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present (~Looking for Alaska)
ENFJ: Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say, or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go. It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters (~Will Grayson, Will Grayson)
INTP: It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, fill to bursting and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined (~Paper Towns)
ENTP: I’m like grenade and at some point I’m going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualities, okay? (~The Fault in Our Stars)
ISFJ: You don’t remember what happened. What you remember becomes what happened (~An Abudance of Katherines)
ESFJ: The marks humans leave are too often scars (~The Fault in our stars)
INTJ: I get it now. I get it. The things you hope for the most are the things that destroy you in the end (~Will Grayson, Will Grayson)
ENTJ: Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always wins the war (~Looking For Alaska)
ISTJ: If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was hurricane (~Looking for Alaska)
ESTJ: What matters to you defines your mattering (~An Abundance of Katherines)
ISTP: As long as we don’t die, this is going to be one hell of a story (~Paper Towns)
ESTP: What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable? (~An Abundance of Katherines)