How You Interact: Dark-Side Friends
Since you guys liked my last “How you interact” post, I feel like I should make another. I wanted to do one for Antisepticeye and Darkiplier since I very rarely see posts for these awesome characters.
These head-canons are what I think Dark and Anti would be like as a friend.
Hope you guys enjoy!!
- My God, you’ll never live peacefully again! Not that it’s a bad thing, but Anti loves to mess with you.
- Small pranks that involve misplaced objects. Bookmarks placed three pages back. Occasionally he’ll make your phone screen all static-y just because you’re ignoring him.
- He likes making your mornings just that little more crazy
Late for work? It appears your car-keys have disappeared
Rough night out? He’ll be nice and make you a coffee, with two spoonfuls of salt to make sure you get your sodium intake today.
- Anti finds your panicked/angry rants amusing.
- But you get him back. He doesn’t like being called by cute nicknames.
- “Aww, Green-Bean, don’t be so mean. I’m only trying to help”
“I will destroy everything you love, (Y/N)”
- Anti likes to be the center of attention. If you’re working or studying, Anti will try his best to distract you.
At first, it’ll be small things. Like calling out your name in a whiny, jittering voice, balls of paper being thrown at you. Sometimes he’ll mess with your sense of perception so you have to acknowledge him to tell him off.
- You simply try to ignore him. It became a game between the two of you to see how long you can last.
- The record was ten minutes; but you had to stop since Anti started messing with your electronics. Flickering the lights and making you see double of everything and a loud buzzing sound almost burst your ear-drums.
- It gave you a migraine for the rest of the day.
- Although Anti isn’t the affectionate type; he does small things that brighten your day.
- A single flower will appear on your desk.
- A batch of cookies with milk.
- Even little notes around the house in green writing.
- When you ask him about it, he just shrugs.
- “Maybe a little ghost is playing tricks on you”
- He’ll try to distract you with video games. You absolutely refuse to let him win at Mario Cart because you don’t want to see his cocky grin.
- Competitions between you are dangerous.
- Lamps are smashed and the walls shake from you two yelling at each other. It’s surprisingly relaxing to come home and yell at something.
- On really bad days, Anti will appear and disappear on your computer screen. Flashing a smile and making weird faces at you until you give up and allow yourself to laugh.
- “Anti, your blocking the screen”
- “P-Play with me, (Y/N). I’m bor-r-ed”
- On rainy days, when your marathoning a series, Anti will be in the background of the show; waving or dancing ridiculously.
- At serious scenes; he can usually be seen making outrageous faces at the actors. You can’t help but laugh,
- Although you try to hate him, you can’t help but adore Anti. It’s a tiring and irritating friendship but you wouldn’t want anything to be different between the two of you.
- I hope you like a friendship with a lot of flirting. Even though you two aren’t sexual towards each other, it doesn’t stop Dark from winking and speaking seductively towards you.
- This makes people mistake you two as a couple. You don’t really complain, but sometimes Dark makes it difficult to make new friends.
- “You don’t need them, (Y/N). I’m all you need”
“That would be true, if you could hold a decent conversation that wasn’t always about you”
- Dark likes to insult you. But you can see the hint of a smile whenever he says something.
- You throw it back at him with as much sarcasm as you can muster. He likes your sass. It challenges him to be on his game when he’s around you.
- You’ve witnessed his outbursts personally. But even though Dark has said some violent, horrible things about Mark; Dark is rather placid when you’re around him.
- He’s been pushed back and ignored for long periods of time, he likes to be around someone who acknowledges him. He doesn’t want his anger to frighten you away, but sometimes you do get caught in these outbursts.
- You wait patiently until he’s calmed down. Then make a little comment on the way his head jerks around.
- “So, do you get whiplash? Or are you like an owl under that suit?”
“Ask nicely and I’ll show you.”
- Although he wouldn’t apologize, he is grateful you don’t ask about his behavior. Saves him from having to explain himself to a incompetent fool. ;)
- He also likes to play games. Sometimes you don’t even realise you’re part of one until you find yourself in another dimension because you took a wrong turn.
- “Tsk, tsk. You should have taken a left, (Y/N). Now you have to try and escape the Third Circle of Hell to return to the bathroom.”
“If you don’t send me back right now, I’ll show you all Nine Circles of Hell!”
- He’s rather affectionate towards you. He’ll give your hand a squeeze as he passes.
If you’re feeling uncomfortable in a public place, Dark will come up behind you and place his hand on the small of your back.
- But previous mistakes have taught you that this attention has a price.
- He’d never ask anything big of you. Usually he’ll ask you to drive him somewhere, or accompany him to a certain location. Sometimes you “treat” him to dinner on Tuesdays.
- But you are still very careful of what you ask of Dark. He remembers even the smallest favors.
- There are times, however, where he does nice things out of nowhere.
- You had a bad day during a work-week and you crumpled under the pressure. Dark found you in a sobbing heap on your bed and sat beside you. His hand gripped your own and he consoled you through the tears.
- Once your tears were dried up, he ran you a bath and almost drowned you in rose scented bubbles.
- It had been a shock to you. But a nice shock.
- In the middle of the night, while you’re walking through the house to get a glass of water. You sometimes find a glass of cool water waiting for you in the hallway.
- You mumble a thanks to the shadows and stumble back to bed.
- Sometimes you feel the blankets pull up under your chin on cold nights.
- Other times, Dark will wake you in the early hours of the morning because he was lacking intelligent conversation.
- Dark also likes to give you nicknames.
- They’re small and almost demeaning, but you don’t really mind. It’s better than fool or imbecile. (A name a certain family member is called frequently)
- “Kitten, have you seen my tie?”
“You’re wearing it, Dark. Are you blind as well as emotionless?”
- It’s a weird friendship. One people would first look at and question. But the two of you have many fond memories and the laughter you two share are contagious. It’ll be hard to tear the two of you apart.
I hope you guys enjoyed this!