- Trump’s signature campaign promise — a huge, shiny new wall on the U.S.-Mexican border — is no longer on the table for this week’s budget negotiations, CNN’s Jake Tapper reported Tuesday evening on The Lead.
- Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s director of the White House’s Office of Management and Budget, confirmed the news.
- When Tapper asked if Trump would sign a budget without funding for the wall, Mulvaney responded, “Yeah.”
- On Monday, the president reportedly signaled he was open to constructing the wall later in his first term.
- Nearly two-thirds of Americans oppose the wall, according to Pew Research polling released in February, with just 35% in favor. Read more (4/25/17 11 pm)
Just out of curiosity, are you a fan of MLP? Are you a pegasister?