I’m a mid-40s pre-testosterone transman looking for a place to stay in the Seattle area as soon as possible. The landlord moved into the room I used to rent, and I haven’t yet found another place to stay.
Here’s me as a tenant:
– Mid-40s gaming/sci-fi/anime goth-industrial geek
– Disabled from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, depression, and asthma; I use a cane and don’t have a wheelchair
– Friendly with queer/LGBTI*, poly, herb, animals, piercings/tattoos
– Quiet, mostly solitary resident
– No pets or service animals
– Solid reference from previous landlord
– No bankruptcy or evictions
Here’s some info on what I’m looking for:
– A room, even a tiny one, that can fit a twin-sized air mattress and a computer table, along with a couple of suitcases’ worth of clothes and linens
– Inside or very near the Seattle city limits, so I have easy access to my doctors
– $700 a month or less, including utilities
– Easy access to a bathroom and kitchen
– Nearby parking available
– No long stairs or other difficult-to-navigate features
– No “less rent for helping out around the house” arrangements, because I physically cannot perform tasks like that
Please note that I’m disabled and I can’t work, and I’m in kind of a unique situation for paying rent and bills. I’m in the process of applying for Social Security benefits, but until that comes through, my parents are covering my rent and bills.
We can pay up to $700 a month for rent and utilities.
Please let me know if that’s an acceptable option for you and what additional info you might need.
E-mail is the best way to reach me.
Thanks for your time!