How would both Yuri and Beka be with kids- their own and other people's?
- Otabek loves kids, and they love him back.
- Otabek’s one of the eldest in his family, and was raised with lots of baby cousins so he’s always known how to treat babies and take care of younger kids.
- Otabek often got stuck on babysitter duty during family events, but he never minded at all. Extremely patient yet firm, he’s good at humouring and entertaining kids, but they also respect him and tend to do what he says.
- His affection towards kids really only grew when his baby sister was born. He always asked his mother if he could hold her, and would stroke her fine baby hairs as she napped.
- The first time she gripped his finger, Otabek made a promise to protect her forever.
- On the other hand, Yuri doesn’t like kids at all (but they always want to talk to him for reasons unbeknownst to him), and has absolutely no idea how to handle them.
- Yuri never grew up with a lot of family and so the only kids he interacted with were those around him at skating practice - and he ignored them when he could.
- Yuri never censors himself and does not have the patience to humour or baby talk children, which often gets him in trouble. He tends to be too blunt with them.
- He may or may not have made a kid cry by telling them to piss off.
- Yuri hates how many questions they ask and how they tend to want to touch everything, and he can’t count how many times he’s been kept awake on a flight because of some crying baby.
- Things started to change when he first met Yuuri and Viktor’s child.
- Though he scowled and cussed at Viktor and was practically chased from room to room, Yuri’s first experience with holding a baby was at the age of 20. Yuuri had sat him down on the couch and gently passed over his and Viktor’s napping newborn into Yuri’s arms, watching as Yuri’s expression of pure terror slowly eased.
- Admittedly, Yuri was terrified. But the longer he held the baby, the more confident he grew. He watched the tiny thing for a long time, studying the serene expression and the small, chubby hands. It took Viktor about 15 minutes of coaxing before Yuri handed the baby over again.
- By the time Yuri and Otabek have their first child, they are more than ready.
- Though he has more experience with babies and children, Otabek is a nervous wreck about becoming a father.
- Yuri is nervous too, but his unyielding determination gives him the confidence that he and Beka will be wonderful parents.
- They spend hours readying the nursery and baby proofing the house, and Otabek can only smile fondly as he watches Yuri pick out any article of baby clothing with cats on it.
- All of Otabek’s nerves fade away when he sees Yura holding their child for the first time. He blinks away his tears and kisses his husband on the head, and then their lovely baby girl.
- They’re wonderful parents. Though Yuri never managed to get over his disgust of dirty diapers, Otabek doesn’t mind picking up the slack. It’s all worth it to watch Yuri bathe their daughter, gently washing her hair and cooing to her fondly in Russian.
- Yuri is totally the overprotective parent, freaking out whenever Otabek tosses their toddler into the air or runs around with her on his shoulders. Even at the age of six, he still has to brace himself when he sees her on the monkey bars.
- Otabek is always the one to help the kids with their homework, and is great at offering advice when things are going badly in their friendship groups.
- Yuri is the one they love to complain to when they reach their tweens, complaining about petty drama or annoying teachers at school. Yuri never fails to cheer them up, sympathising with them and letting them vent as they sneak in some ice cream before dinner (”Before äke catches us, okay?”)
- Whether or not their kids get into skating, they are completely supportive parents 100%. Yuri is the embarrassing dad who is way too involved in their extra curricular events, cheering and clapping extra loudly. Otabek is the one who will stay up late sewing up a costume or rehearsing lines with the kiddo.
- Anddddd this is super long already so I will cut it short but aHH long story short Otayuri would make great parents and their kids are the luckiest in the world bye <3 <3 <3